Server admin and 3rd party site (PBBans/ACI/ETC) discussion

Comments

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,483Player
    I think the best way to solve this is play fair.
    Play the game as you download it don't change anything or use anything to gain advantage.
    I have no sympathy for cheese eaters no one forced them to use a hack they get what they deserver BANNED.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    edited June 2016
    If you see the bad impact of vacbans on your game Tots,why you dont forbid it at all!?

After Dice had trouble with its customers because of ACI,they acted instantly..
    AAPG is good!
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    ACI isn't making anyone use that system. It's just one tool in a suite of tools they provide to server admins.
    How individual admins use those tools is what makes them good or 'bad'. I don't want to step in and force a bunch of rules on server admins.
    It's also not ACI or PBBans fault if people get over zealous sometimes with their tools.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    If you see the bad impact of vacbans on your game Tots,why you dont forbid it at all!?

+1, they are entirely stupid.

1. VAC bans are bound to the game, why are they expanded to other games all of a sudden?
    2. VAC bans expire, why are they permanent all of a sudden?
    3. VAC bans are not limited to cheating, why are admins acting like they are?

You feel safer seeing all your great kick numbers, I get it but in reality you harm the community more than doing any good with it.
  • [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 809Player
    edited June 2016

Dice was forced to do it because ACI was showing full IP addresses from both clean and banned players, and that raised the concern of players privacy and malicious activities sush as DDoS. So far i can tell never related to the VAC-Ban Enforcement option.
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    I think the best way to solve this is play fair.
    Play the game as you download it don't change anything or use anything to gain advantage.
    I have no sympathy for cheese eaters no one forced them to use a hack they get what they deserver BANNED.
    People are playing fair though, you need to read the posts, understand the situation and not be so stubborn.
    Sr.Gatilho never cheated in any game, and apparently somehow got 8 AA2 banned accounts linked through shared ip addresses. Hustler has a vac'd on zombies, who cares?! His clan mates play fair and still banned because of his vac. There's probably thousands of situations like these when you run a system so paranoid and strict with complete disregard for false positives.

As Tots said, its toxic for the community when you just ditch out bans without proper and indisputable evidence of cheating being done. Yes, some people might slip through the cracks, but its a much better price to play than killing the game for tons of legit players that might've stayed around and help it grow.
    I was one of the admins that told danny Sr.Gatilho was clean so don't bring me into that.
    gKQ6BB2.png
    TheTots wrote: »
    It's also not ACI or PBBans fault if people get over zealous sometimes with their tools.

Don't you think they should feel responsible though? If I'm providing a tool with good intentions and see people abusing it on a regular basis, shouldn't I step in and try to change that? Teach people how to use my tool or make my tool idiot-proof?

This recent shared IP incident is by far not the only of that kind. A month or two ago Son got banned for using my old name "cK^KILL@" once in a session we played probably a year or even more ago. They justified it with ACI as it obviously was my account according to their research. Cases like that lead me to believe there is an awfully big issue with educating their members.
  • [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 809Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »

1. VAC bans are bound to the game, why are they expanded to other games all of a sudden?

You feel safer seeing all your great kick numbers, I get it but in reality you harm the community more than doing any good with it.

Depends on what game they are banned regarding point 1. If a player is banned on a game like BO2: Zombie or CoD:MW2, then yes its bound to that game, and only that game. But if a player gets banned on a valve game running Source Engine, then that player is banned on all Source Engine games. Same go's for if he is banned on the Gold Source Engine, then that player is banned on all Gold Source Engine games.

And i totally agree on point 3, you can already get a VAC Ban for just changing something in the game files from a game. Good thing it's not for all games, because i would have 100 VAC Bans for using mods in GTA 5 lmao.
    Unless I'm mistaken ACI does classes and has always been one to help teach new server admins.

Dice was forced to do it because ACI was showing full IP addresses from both clean and banned players, and that raised the concern of players privacy and malicious activities sush as DDoS. So far i can tell never related to the VAC-Ban Enforcement option.

Thx,but i was long enough member at ACI to know why and what happened. My point is,if something disturbs the success of your game - you should act. Maybe they dont care about success,like most government projects dont care because "noone" has to pay the bills,who knows. But forbidding this one single crap autokick feature shouldnt be much work to do.

Serverowner still can manually search and ban for it
    AAPG is good!
    Unless I'm mistaken ACI does classes and has always been one to help teach new server admins.

This is true.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    They might teach, but the question is, do admins want to learn?
    edited June 2016

They do but voluntary and that's the issue. If people are getting things so wrong that they ban for using the same playername someone else used before then justify it naming my organisation I'd neither let them be part of my community nor use my tools. Some admins are literally ruining ACI's reputation on a daily basis justifying bans with their name to appear serious in their clan forums and ACI just sits there watching.

If their intentions are to improve the community and private server experience they should educate their admins. This also goes for VAC bans since most ACI admins just blindly enable that feature thinking it will provide more security.
  • ^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^ Posts: 768Player
    There will be always unfair bans, this discussion won't lead anywhere. Admins will still be free to do whatever they wish. Is it annoying for who gets banned? Yes alot. But it is also the best compliment you can get. Move on and find that server you think it is the best one to play.

BTW, Tots are you guys restarting the official servers how often? Everytime I play there it feels I have more and more delay.

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
    SSKnecabo wrote: »

Depends on what game they are banned regarding point 1. If a player is banned on a game like BO2: Zombie or CoD:MW2, then yes its bound to that game, and only that game. But if a player gets banned on a valve game running Source Engine, then that player is banned on all Source Engine games. Same go's for if he is banned on the Gold Source Engine, then that player is banned on all Gold Source Engine games.

True, failed to include it in this comment but should be in my previous comments about VAC. Still, even those bans expire after a year on first offense and you are still free to play other games on your account while ACI forces you to create a new account.
    Once a year a class with ~20 admins,only 2-3 pass the test.... I wouldnt call that teaching
    AAPG is good!
  • -VI-ImaHustler-VI-ImaHustler Posts: 81Player
    There will be always unfair bans, this discussion won't lead anywhere. Admins will still be free to do whatever they wish. Is it annoying for who gets banned? Yes alot. But it is also the best compliment you can get. Move on and find that server you think it is the best one to play.

BTW, Tots are you guys restarting the official servers how often? Everytime I play there it feels I have more and more delay.

The main issue is not veteran players. Its new player that want to expirenece the game and the first server they get into kicks them for an old VAC that has nothing to do with AAPG so maybe they tey another server or two but from expirenece most private server are using ACI and did mark crossgame VAC protection
    So those new players just uninstall the game and find soemthing else.
    Well clearly it all comes down to education of private server admins. ACI does all they can for that, perhaps it's time we started helping in that effort as well. I'll see about putting together a little admin school some time soon. It could be fun!

• ^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^ Posts: 768Player

The main issue is not veteran players. Its new player that want to expirenece the game and the first server they get into kicks them for an old VAC that has nothing to do with AAPG so maybe they tey another server or two but from expirenece most private server are using ACI and did mark crossgame VAC protection
    So those new players just uninstall the game and find soemthing else.

Yes a few % may be affected that way. So what recomendations we have to fix this? Ignore every ban for those who first touch the AAPG and if they, eventually, get catched cheating here, aci bans them after? Untill we find a stable solution for "second chances" I would still vote for the current ACI system. Better have few players but no cheaters, than the other way.

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.