Server admin and 3rd party site (PBBans/ACI/ETC) discussion

Comments

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    [Gen]Adzic wrote: »
    so unless there's proof that a VAC ban came from this game (which I'm not even sure is possible anyway?)
    Correct, it's not possible -- VAC bans are never for AAPG because the game doesn't currently use VAC for protection.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,483Player
    -VI-ImaMenace your clan was banned when you got the VAC ban.
    Shame one player lets a whole clan down but cheese eaters don't care about that.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • -VI-ImaHustler-VI-ImaHustler Posts: 81Player
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    Shame one player lets a whole clan down but cheese eaters don't care about that.

atleast you dont have to lie about it.
    we have been banned on -SD- server since forever im talking bout even since AA3.
    it does not have anything to do with my VAC
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player

we have been banned on -SD- server since forever im talking bout even since AA3.

Same thing for cK and we never got a reason when asking about it, in fact its existence was even denied. My only guess was psycho being a bit harsh in voice after some SD member annoyed him about medic. Still fail to understand why that would result in a clanban but in the end this is still AAPG community. A really sad community, no better than any other FPS community regardless of how much people are trying to praise it.
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    Even if its from the vac, banning a whole clan because someone got vac'd in zombies is insane.
    Standing by it like its some sort of grandiose service of justice is worse.

-SD- Clan never played aa3 :)
    I looked in our forum to check when your clan was banned and it was because of your VAC ban believe or not its up to you.
    I would be willing to give a DEV access to our private forum to prove it.
    gKQ6BB2.png
    edited June 2016
    Even if its from the vac, banning a whole clan because someone got vac'd in zombies is insane.
    Standing by it like its some sort of grandiose service of justice is worse.

59296990.jpg

and as i said its not for my VAC, weve been banned as a clan since AA3 on -SD- Server
    SSKnecabo wrote: »

Same thing for cK and we never got a reason when asking about it, in fact its existence was even denied. My only guess was psycho being a bit harsh in voice after some SD member annoyed him about medic. Still fail to understand why that would result in a clanban but in the end this is still AAPG community. A really sad community, no better than any other FPS community regardless of how much people are trying to praise it.

I suggest you ask cK^CeparSo why that clan was banned.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »

I suggest you ask cK^CeparSo why that clan was banned.

So another clanban for an individual? Since he isn't a cheater this is getting interesting.
    Like i said -SD- have never had a server on AA3 so your wrong again.
    gKQ6BB2.png

im so glad i found this
    http://battletracker.com/clanstats/aa3/28670/

now that we have put that arguement to rest maybe we should goback to the topic in hand and stop discussing individual records
    I have give you a honest answer to you questions but still you deny everything and make lies up
    except it or not if a clan is harboring a cheese eater until that clan removes him its a clan tag ban.
    gKQ6BB2.png

im so glad i found this

now that we have put that arguement to rest maybe we should goback to the topic in hand and stop discussing individual records

Where does it show a server on there ?
    gKQ6BB2.png

im so glad i found this

Where does it show a server on there ?

Untitled.png

this arguement is so invalid to the topic. but since you have eyesight issues i helped you out abit.
    i hope some more fellow oldtimers will approve that -SD- did have a server on AA3 because oviously DELTON will just keep denying it.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Keep it on topic and don't go after people personally.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

That's our first AAPG server they didn't have anywhere to put a AAPG server on battletracker so i added to AA3.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 809Player
    Regarding the VAC-Ban enforcement on this game, I'm not surprised the player base is so low nowadays if most servers are actually using that function. This month alone 116,400 VAC bans handed out and still counting. If lets say one of those players try this game out and by coincidence connect to a VAC-Ban Enforced server he would most likely instantly uninstall the game. If you ask me VAC kicks are a part of the destruction of this game.
    Regarding the VAC-Ban enforcement on this game, I'm not surprised the player base is so low nowadays if most servers are actually using that function. This month alone 116,400 VAC bans handed out and still counting. If lets say one of those players try this game out and by coincidence connect to a VAC-Ban Enforced server he would most likely instantly uninstall the game. If you ask me VAC kicks are a part of the destruction of this game.

This is something I see fairly frequently in support tickets. Users trying the game for the first time and running into instant bans on servers they play on due to being on some list. It's good to try to keep your server clean and fun, but a lot of this feels like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

• [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    If I'm reading correctly here: VAC enables games only Valve games ban your account outright, other ones just ban you from that specific game.

So why should AAPG, a non vac protected game, be more restrictive in terms of vac bans than Valve itself? Genuine question.
    edited June 2016
    VAC can be a good indication that you need to keep a close eye on someone. There are a lot of dumb reasons you can get a VAC ban, so I would say normally you shouldn't use that as your sole decider.
    We'll definitely watch an account more closely that has a spotty history in steam, but that's as far as that should really go.

Clan-wide bans, random IP bans, black lists, etc are ultimately toxic in a community, especially one of our size. We're not dealing with hundreds of thousands of concurrent players where you need broad swings to handle it.

I still think the best way to handle it is the old way of doing it. Verify, with your own eyes, that rules are being broken. Use only first party evidence you capture yourself. Be as positive as you can be, and then stand by your decision with confidence and evidence.

EDIT: To clarify black lists of things like confirmed cheaters and such make sense, but it still comes down to "if they cheated in X are they going to cheat in Y game". Similar to my thoughts on VAC lists.