Server admin and 3rd party site (PBBans/ACI/ETC) discussion

Comments

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,055Moderator
    Pm.......cmon frankof. Ban expires:never :) Gl sending a pm.
    theres more than one way to skin a cat ;)
    a PM to frag here should do nicely.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • Theodore_BundyTheodore_Bundy Posts: 68Player
    bnp.gif
    Steam: usdod14
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    frankof wrote: »

I do not believe frag can help there anyhow ;) He isnt the man with the finger on the button.

AAPG is good!
  • ^]-[ammer_T!me!^]-[ammer_T!me! Posts: 91Player
    frankof wrote: »

I do not believe frag can help there anyhow ;) He isnt the man with the finger on the button.

Yep now it is one man show and has been for 2+ years now.

i5 4690K/970GTX/16GB/XL2411/Win10

aastats.com
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester
    It is funny how everyone does make a good case!! Both sides of the issue on VAC bans and admins banning have great points..

You know, they really don't make it to easy for a new server owner to know what and what not to do, and oh where is that book at that teaches one to be able to make the entire community happy????

Yes there are some Tutorials, however, to be honest some are not very informative, they need a tutorial for dummies version...

LOL

I appreciate you moving this off our recruit page..

I think many server owners would own up to a ban or kick mistake if the person kicked or banned contacted them instead of crying on the forums for all the trolls to snack on the crumbs!!

Just my opinion!!

HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!!!!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited July 2016
    I think many server owners would own up to a ban or kick mistake if the person kicked or banned contacted them instead of crying on the forums for all the trolls to snack on the crumbs!!

Just my opinion!!

HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!!!!
    To that end, it'd be great if there were an easy way to find a server's "home" forums. I think what I used to do for that was, when issuing a ban, include the clan website/url in the ban reason -- do the AAPG ban lines provide the space for that? URL in the server name works reasonably well too for helping redirect people to the right place.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    If I remember correctly it started with Sr. Gathilo and wasn't about a clan in particular, it was just an example and his decision to quit was already made. From personal experience it's usually not worth talking to admins or using their forums either.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,471Player
    Saccho wrote: »

Just my opinion!!

HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!!!!
    To that end, it'd be great if there were an easy way to find a server's "home" forums. I think what I used to do for that was, when issuing a ban, include the clan website/url in the ban reason -- do the AAPG ban lines provide the space for that? URL in the server name works reasonably well too for helping redirect people to the right place.

That's a good idea not sure how many admins use it but pb webtool gives you the option to write in the reason for ban also the clan website.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    I do wonder why AACM GBGangsta got demoted to "forum guest" over at ACI... [TOS Violation] for tat!? :)
    AAPG is good!
    Yeah I like the idea of adding the url in the kick/ban line on the PB tool..

It would be nice if there was a way to trace it easily in your profile on the AAPG site, something like your stats being saved, you get a spot in your profile showing you been kicked/banned from such and such server... clan info is... or server owner info is.....

Just a thought!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

With a checkbox to make it publicly visible for anyone visiting your profile. Way better than all the game's achievements.
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    With a checkbox to make it publicly visible for anyone visiting your profile. Way better than all the game's achievements.

Yes indeed!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    Saccho wrote: »

Just my opinion!!

HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!!!!

That's a good idea not sure how many admins use it but pb webtool gives you the option to write in the reason for ban also the clan website.

then people have to make an account (like on your site) to appeal... but if you never approven the account to your site you can ignore them or not Delton? Pretent it's not there... so your suggestion is kind a useless if you behave like that...

Personally i think aci is a nice tool... but not refined enough for new or part time admins to wield... takes quite some effort to understand how it works... and then yes occasionally you will make a mistake... but personally better one mistake than dozens quitting the game because of cheaters in the game...
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,471Player
    Please read what it says before making these comments Toddler.
    Bans, Reports, Appeals
    http://www.souldefenders.net/index.php/forum

There is no need for a account on our site to Appeal a ban.
    gKQ6BB2.png
    Guess the point was that other forums do that, I had it happen to me once for example. Signed up, never got accepted and the ban obviously remained. Even just signing up on a forum for something as trivial as a ban seems inconvenient to me. If clans have their teamspeak server or other contact data on their website it could be somewhat useful otherwise I doubt it would be an improvement.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,574Player
    ACI are holding next BG Certification class on July 23 for interested Streaming Admins/Members.
    http://www.anticheatinc.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116240
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • -vR.cialone!--vR.cialone!- Posts: 121Player
    Can we get back to the main issue?
  • -vR.cialone!--vR.cialone!- Posts: 121Player
    edited July 2016
    wrong thread
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited July 2016
    I'd just like to point out that for some strange reason Punkbuster Screenshots on people's clients are posing problems for a lot of players recently.. I found out that I had to manually update the Punkbuster software (again, given that PB does not alert users to update after initial installation of the game, nor after game updates) for Screenshots to even be taken, (to add, I only updated the thing a week ago) apparently my client was not producing them or something, sorry I cant be more explanatory as I'm not sure how PB all works tbh.. But server admins have it as a rule and some are removing players from their servers for not having them.

Are we supposed to manually update PB after game updates? is there some kind of widespread issue that prevents the SS from being taken? do PB updates happen and we don't know about it, leaving us with outdated software? I know in AA2/3 it used to auto update on the client but I can't remember ever seeing that happen in AAPG. Does anyone know why one time it takes them and another time it don't? I'm clueless and I'm complaining at clan forums when I'm being kicked for wrongful bans that aren't actually wrong, getting egg all up in my face.

This issue for me, is a problem that needs either looking at and fixing, or make it somehow so the game starts telling us that our PB is not right or setup correctly. Furthermore since Punkbuster is not actually 'this' game, a kinda third party plugin, if you will.. Should I send this also to PB themselves to see if they too can look into whatever is going on?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 796Player
    edited July 2016
    I'd just like to point out that for some strange reason Punkbuster Screenshots on people's clients are posing problems for a lot of players recently.. I found out that I had to manually update the Punkbuster software (again, given that PB does not alert users to update after initial installation of the game, nor after game updates) for Screenshots to even be taken, (to add, I only updated the thing a week ago) apparently my client was not producing them or something, sorry I cant be more explanatory as I'm not sure how PB all works tbh.. But server admins have it as a rule and some are removing players from their servers for not having them.

Are we supposed to manually update PB after game updates? is there some kind of widespread issue that prevents the SS from being taken? do PB updates happen and we don't know about it, leaving us with outdated software? I know in AA2/3 it used to auto update on the client but I can't remember ever seeing that happen in AAPG. Does anyone know why one time it takes them and another time it don't? I'm clueless and I'm complaining at clan forums when I'm being kicked for wrongful bans that aren't actually wrong, getting egg all up in my face.

This issue for me, is a problem that needs either looking at and fixing, or make it somehow so the game starts telling us that our PB is not right or setup correctly. Furthermore since Punkbuster is not actually 'this' game, a kinda third party plugin, if you will.. Should I send this also to PB themselves to see if they too can look into whatever is going on?

Again, i see a post about the PunkBuster screenshots. You know, the main reason that they return black is because some Admins think they know how the software works and keep messing around with the settings and break the whole danm thing and see your screenshots are black and ban you for their own stupidity. Yes, 1/100 players use blockers, 99/100 blockers are detectable and you will get a global ban for it. So this whole ban people for black PBSS is retarded to begin with.

They can be caused if;

- Using SLI.
    - Using multiple monitors at the same time in a game.
    - High traffic on a server caused by high player count.
    - System to busy to respond to server requests.
    - Admins changing the screenshot timers making the server make to many PBSS in a to short time period causing it to corrupt the data and also causing lagg to players on that server and the server itself.

So if you get banned for a black pbss, you got hammered by a Badmin.

To come back to your manual updates, no need.. We are still running the same version that was released on Jun 17 2014. It is good to check if everything still works once in a while using pbsvc_pg.

Found in: SteamApps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries