Melee options

I don't like choke only since you can't break windows (have to pull my pistol out of that...) and you can't melee someone from the front... I would rather have the stock attack of AA3. But... I don't mind both...
Melee Features
  1. What would you like to be seen done to melee?13 votes
    1. Keep as is.
      23.08%
    2. Add a strike feature (any of stock, punch, kick)
      53.85%
    3. Only strike feature
        7.69%
    4. Other (post it)
      15.38%

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    What about the option to allow melee only to break windows? Btw, shooting windows also works with your primary weapon in case you didn't know.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Fantasy Idea: Imagine you could press V to toggle weapon or combat mode. When you switch to combat mode you get both of your clenched fists on the screen like a first person boxing game. Then you can charge around left click left swing, right click right swing.. middle mouse button headbutt haha.

Yeah.. Only.. some people would only macro all three at once for triple damage.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited May 2015
    Fantasy Idea: Imagine you could press V to toggle weapon or combat mode. When you switch to combat mode you get both of your clenched fists on the screen like a first person boxing game. Then you can charge around left click left swing, right click right swing.. middle mouse button headbutt haha.

Yeah.. Only.. some people would only macro all three at once for triple damage.

Then macro that for more than 3k times and we're at dragonball. Awesome idea.
    I'd prefer a spinning bird kick. Where's the poll option for that?
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    I think I type this about once every 6 months or so, but...I love it, so...:)

Back in America's Army 1.0 or so, you could type "mpcheat changeclass f" and get FISTS!!!
    edited May 2015
    On a serious note, I would assume a US soldier in his workwear should be able to run and jump through a pane of glass, the kind of size panes we have in the game anyway so there would be no need for wasting a bullets, buttstrokes, fists.. dragon balls or Ninja Turtle merch.

As for melee options, a frontal attack of some kind would be beneficial.. maybe when (or rather if) they introduce door breaching so the shotgun has a legitimate use they might also add a frontal kick for after the lock gets blown off.. Just give it 30-50 damage on pawn hit and a second or so cooldown.

I absolutely hate that moment when your close to someone and you both start running in circles, flailing arms around like clowns mashing the melee key to see who gets lucky first.
    "Spinning bird kick?"

I'm trying to picture one of my chickens doing that.....
    Haha! it's a Street Fighter move.

latest?cb=20091126003424
    Oh boy
  • ProceduralPolyMathProceduralPolyMath Posts: 96Player
    edited May 2015
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    What about the option to allow melee only to break windows? Btw, shooting windows also works with your primary weapon in case you didn't know.
    No, I didn't know... Such content, much wisdom... Pretty obvious I prefer to expend pistol rounds than primary rounds on windows...
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    On a serious note, I would assume a US soldier in his workwear should be able to run and jump through a pane of glass, the kind of size panes we have in the game anyway so there would be no need for wasting a bullets, buttstrokes, fists.. dragon balls or Ninja Turtle merch..
    Seriously, outside of movies or accidents, no one breaks glass windows with their face* especially not the size we have in game.
    Glass windows are thicker/laminated when they are bigger.

*Face, not necessarily the actual face, but rather any unshielded body part.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 624Beta Tester
    Yes, a more silent way to break glass would be nice. I'm not so sure about player vs player combat... I love the current choke mechanic, for me it is the most satisfying melee system. If we ever see any sort of frontal melee, it must be balanced with extreme caution. It should work really consistently (bu free) as well: if you miss a choke due to a bug (it didn't happen with me often), you still have a change to survive, but if it misses from the front... not so much.
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    edited May 2015
    Add martial arts training as well. Every one will have specialization like in Pokemon. Muay thai can defeat box, but MMA can defeat muay thay. Someone chokes you? No worries, you know Krav maga.

But there is a problem. Russians will drink vodka and no one can beat them. Hacks. Personally I would like to run with bayonet. Like in Vietnam.

• SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    setbind numpadnine GBA_RockyCombo
  • ProceduralPolyMathProceduralPolyMath Posts: 96Player
    Yes, a more silent way to break glass would be nice. I'm not so sure about player vs player combat... I love the current choke mechanic, for me it is the most satisfying melee system. If we ever see any sort of frontal melee, it must be balanced with extreme caution. It should work really consistently (bu free) as well: if you miss a choke due to a bug (it didn't happen with me often), you still have a change to survive, but if it misses from the front... not so much.

Wasn't 2 hits to neutralized an opponent in AA3? Don't see anything wrong with that. OF course if you have been revived, 1 hit will do.