Random Objectives

Hi All

im hoping one of u more experienced Guys could help me out i have made kudzu_town_ambush with random objectives .......The randomised obj. are working when pie and in singleplayer but not on our server we can't even take 1 of them any ideas of what could be wrong??? It's driving me crazy!!
5.199.133.69:7778

Comments

• [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    I have done random objectives a couple of times and got them to work, but it will depend on the type of objective, your objective arrangement and the kismet to control randomness.
    The basics to get it to work are to set objective editor using the & so all objectives lead to mission complete, then use the kismet to control which objective is valid and can be interacted with. Also make sure in the kismet that you use the correct initialiser.

What objectives are you trying to randomise? Flag, T&H etc

Are you able to post a screenshot of your kismet for the objectives?

Are you able to post a screenshot of the objective editor?
  • *(-ScV-)*V1P3R*(-ScV-)*V1P3R Posts: 112Player
    edited June 2016
    Here is one of the Obj's kismet

12387jq.jpg

Here is of the obj. editor for red team and i have random spawn points on the map and they are working

29lg582.png

Btw it's take and hold Objectives
    so many good mapmakers and no one can help me??
    edited June 2016
    I think the problem may be with the initialiser in your kismet. I have never tried using Match Start, and I know some functions don't work with some initialisers.

This is my kismet for Med Centre with random sets of objectives T&H, and I use Game Stage Events with Round Warmup for the initialiser.

3seO3in.png
    I'll try that, thx for helping me out m8 , will let u know if it Works..... =)
    Hey it obviously did'nt Work but i thought maybe it could be that i used note's to setup the objectives could that be the problem...?
    Could u plz share a Photo of ur objective editor maybe??
    OK, I see, never used notes. I guess you followed Altan's tutorial here?
    If you did, I don't know if the devs changed anything since hew made that which has stopped notes working the same?
    When I do random objectives, I find it easier to just place seperate objective actors in each location and randomly activate each one every round.

One thing I do notice, don't know if it makes any difference, but you have linked A to X, then X to W and Y, and Y to Z. Could you try linking A to X and X to W, Y and Z?

In case you decide to switch to the other method, here is my objectives mission flow

Z9N7iIy.png

If you can read it, for each set of objectives I go A to Y and Y to X and Z, then XYZ to & to B
    Thx very much for ur big help i really appreciate it.... =)
    I did the objectives ur way both in Kismet and objective editor and now all 4 random objectives are working fully but the hud now only show's capture Z and it shows this 4 times as i have 4 objectives but it should show w,x,y,z how can i get that to Work ??
    Is it the 4 Z objectives that are visible (one of which is active), and W, X, Y are invisible, but one of each is active (interactable);
    OR
    are the 4 Zs visible and all are active, and aal the W, X, Ys are invisible and inactive?
    I think it's the first option u mentioned? but to be sure u have the 4 objectives WXYZ they are visible in the map when u run around but in the hud it's showing CAPTURE Z 4 times i can make a screenshot...
    Here is the Screenshot of the problem m8 :awesome:

C4A1am4.jpg