[MAPCOMEBACK] Dockside

ModtoolsModtools Posts: 282Player
edited June 2016 in Mission Editor
HEY GUYS
finally i got SHiiFTY and he uploaded the map again :-)
THX MAN

so proudly i can present the downloadlink of the original author
DOWNLOAD: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=561914254

There are now some additions made:
*door breaches
*a third objective in the center building
*some sounds setted up
*rebuild lighting

Hope you will have fun with it
GZ your Modtools

OLD POST IN SPOILER
### old
Hey guys,
i was asked from some of you to fix, polish up and republish the dockside map from SHiiFTY.
The map is a beautiful and perfect remade version, only needed a few fixes.
Now i am trying to contact the Creator SHiiFTY but he was not online since 66 days.
I am unsure what i should do now. I asked some of you for their opinion.
Some say i should wait other say i should publish, giving SHiiFTY all credits and set him as cocreator.
I am fully frustrated and dont know what to do.

What would you say?
Should i publish?

THX for you answers in advance
Gz your Modtools

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,614Beta Tester
    I would say, honestly....find something else to do, Mr. VeryBusyMapping.... :)

I wouldn't take kindly to someone messing with one of my maps without asking me. It's like someone coming and painting my front porch while I'm inside having supper just because they like their colour better. I mean without explicit consent on some kind of open rights, I say strict intellectual property rights should apply. That is...touching ist verboten; the content is entirely owned by the creator and no amount of 'crediting' covers for .... taking something.

Does anyone know this guy you're talking about?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,165Beta Tester
    Yup same thing I told you MT. Personally, as I told you before, you're talented and you should start creating your own content. Frustrated or not, unless someone gives you their blessing, you should not touch their work. If the maps dies, so be it. Besides Eliz is working on complete pack, so instead of having 50 versions of each map, it's better to make new ones.

I want to see something new from new, nothing that resembling aa2/3 meshes, only new.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    edited June 2016
    last person who took shiftys map without permission ,got reported to steam

• ModtoolsModtools Posts: 282Player
    edited June 2016
    ok so that was why i asked you.
    Thank you for your honest responses. I will keep on contacting SHiiFTY.
    If he does not answer so it is ...the map will be dead then.
    Its not so that i am only working on old maps ... i am learning on them to grow.
    I think you three can understand me best.
    I am working on some new mapprojects. So keep hanging on...
    The idea of crediting to the map author was not from me it was from Deltathunder (hope its ok).

I will follow your suggestions :-)
    You are like a family for me.

Gz your modtools
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,614Beta Tester
    :) you're doing awesome work, Mod. Any time there could be hard feelings, it's just not worth it.

:+1:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [SWISS]Merlin[SWISS]Merlin Posts: 170Player
    edited June 2016
    who did reported me to steam. you are funny, very funny. i did the remake of the remake of the remake from original aa2 dockside map. shifty did it, then he stopped to do it again as the editor did change, then i did it, then shifty did say to me why did you do that. i did say because players do love this map and you did it not. he was in line with me, only i should list him as creator (which he isn't really, its aa2 devs).
    but ok for me.

so stop trying to tell others "you will be reported to steam". rubbish. sorry, but hard rubbish.
    I got SHiiFTY on the OGG Teamspeak and he will upload the map once again :awesome:

I gave him my version of Dockside. Hope you will enjoy this.

HERE THE LINK: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=561914254

HAVE FUN
    GZ your Modtools
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    needs fixing mods nice idea to use c4 as door breach ,but it stops the timer ,also if your near the door when it blows you morph into the wall and end up stuck
    hey thanks lobo, going to fix this.
    what about the lighting is it bright enough ?
  • -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    im confused is shifty releasing this map or you ?
    edited June 2016
    we are releasing this map both :-)
    i searched for him over days and as he heard that i have restored his map he was really happy.
    He lost his old version.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,165Beta Tester
    Nicely done, MT. :+1:
    thx wolverine :+1: