Reset Kismet variables at start of round?

Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
edited June 2016 in Mission Editor - Support
I'm doing some pre-emptive error-proofing.

In order to avoid a bug where my elevator is left on the third floor at the end of a round or whatever, and putting my variables (in this case "OnFloor" and "CallFloor") out of sync, I want to start the elevator and all the variables at some default.

Does "Level Loaded" do that, or is that just for when the map first loads on the server? In which case, what's the recommendation?

I have a multifloor elevator fully functional now, but want to avoid some expected problems like these bugs, and some button spamming, etc.
______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.

Comments

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,121Beta Tester
    That's what I use and works fine for me. I usually use all 3 connections and set it zero in properties, this way it's infinite and not only to be rest once, as what the default value is.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,186Player
    edited June 2016
    If I remember right.. your best bet is by incorporating both the events "level loaded" and "gamestage events". Having both them two involved has been the only way I've been able to make certain kismet seq's to start anew upon a new round (on server especially), but even then I've had times where I've still had issues (sound problems mostly).

I try not to do much kismet stuff because I like the hair on my head to stay where it is :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    Oh, I got some smokin' sequences comin' yer way......

(But I'll tell you, I ran from this chair screaming a few times!)

Thanks for the help, y'all. :)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Say, what drives the reset of the broken glass and stuff between rounds? That would do it, wouldn't it?
    ______

• DELTATHUND3RDELTATHUND3R Posts: 123Moderator
    GSE "GameStageEvents" should do it my bro..
    If your glass is a triggered event the GSE should reset all events.
    Delta! We've missed you, dude.

______