A couple changes that result from the latest patch

(Beer_Me)Roach(Beer_Me)Roach Posts: 249Player
edited May 2016 in Game Support
We have noted a few changes that resulted from the latest patch (update)
First we can no longer setup our server in a way that the enemy spot appears only on the mini map , the setting is still in the Game. ini file but regardless of our settings (server side) . the enemy spot still points out the enemy with name in the distance, regardless of walls or mountains or any obstruction of the view , its basically a radar , Prior to the most recent update this worked fine.
In addition , I would like to note that the enemy spot can locate enemy thru walls mountains etc.
Because of this the fuction of enemy spotted is tantamount to a radar, If you use any 1 player that chooses to act as a spotter , he can locate enemy and report, acting just like a wall hack , this needs to be fixed.

Second : We can no longer control the fact of disarming the bomb on c4 maps , It seems that we can only disarm the bomb once it has been planted , prior to this it would allow the server setting to control this and the bomb (c4) could be disarmed if a player was carrying it and was killed.

I have tried many times to bug report this but apparently it does not work ,
So here are the notes , Please look into these issues.

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited May 2016
    I'm assuming you checked the config and made sure it isn't disabled accidently? Should be this: bDefaultAllowEnemyFireMapDot=true

As for second I'm pretty sure they removed that completely from the game.
  • (Beer_Me)Roach(Beer_Me)Roach Posts: 249Player
    edited May 2016
    That may be true , the bomb disarming may be removed intentionally , but why remove yet another tactical option form this game when it clearly needs more tactical gameplay?
    Let the server admins decide what works for their clients, after all the option is already in the Game.ini and we do pay for our servers so why restrict us from operating the way we see fit.???
    edited May 2016
    Yes of course , I did check the ini , and tested it with both, true and false to be sure
    Regardless of the setting it still allows the enemy spot to show exact location thru walls or mountains or any obstruction.
    The enemy spot should only work if you actually see the enemy .
    If you simply sit back and scan the field until you locate an enemy thru any wall or mountain or building then it is not spotting the enemy ( It is a radar)or a ( wallhaack ) even if you can only use it every 5 seconds it should not locate enemies thru walls mountains etc....
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    Thanks, Roach. I've given this post extra attention in places where bugs need to be seen.....

:+1:

BTW, check your PM's!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • ^AWA^-=Poo=-aloced^AWA^-=Poo=-aloced Posts: 66Player
    Yes of course , I did check the ini , and tested it with both, true and false to be sure
    Regardless of the setting it still allows the enemy spot to show exact location thru walls or mountains or any obstruction.
    The enemy spot should only work if you actually see the enemy .
    If you simply sit back and scan the field until you locate an enemy thru any wall or mountain or building then it is not spotting the enemy ( It is a radar)or a ( wallhaack ) even if you can only use it every 5 seconds it should not locate enemies thru walls mountains etc....

Well that's not good. I wonder if people who use enemy spot know this or just chose to keep it quiet. lol.
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    Are you using an older ini that you just change the version number for? they added a bunch of new stuff in the ini and i just had to go through and redo it from the new one. Don't know if that's the issue just a thought.
    No I have a current ini , the setting is still in there it just doesn't work, I set it to show enemy spots on the mini map only and it still lights up the player name

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited May 2016
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    I'm assuming you checked the config and made sure it isn't disabled accidently? Should be this: bDefaultAllowEnemyFireMapDot=true

As for second I'm pretty sure they removed that completely from the game.

This value has nothing to do with enemyspotted. This controls whether a red dot pops up on the minimap in bottom left when an enemy is with in 15 metre's of you.
    No I have a current ini , the setting is still in there it just doesn't work, I set it to show enemy spots on the mini map only and it still lights up the player name

As for this I do not think this is currently possible enemy spots on the mini map only was a bug with enemy spotted. Before you just turned it off and it would still show up on mini map that is now fixed. What you need roach is the devs to creating a server setting allowing you to put spots on mini map only currently there is not such a setting. You were only able to do it before because it was a bug with enemy spotted not being fully turned off when wanting to do so.

As for the securing the C4 when a player drops it after being killed or whatever that has been removed from the game completely.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

edited May 2016
    Well when I read thru the Default .ini , it states that by turning the enemy spot to the off position it causes the red dot to show only on the mini map .
    Below is from my Default ini , each line that I have added the asterisk to indicates the option that does not change anything regardless of the setting whether it be true or false it does not change.
    As for enemy spot it illuminates the enemy player name , even thru walls hillsides etc...
    It seems to me if you were to spot an enem y then you should be required to actually see them , this is the equivalent of a radar or almost even a wall haaack??

Example from my Default ini.

[AAGame.AAGameReplicationInfo]
    ;Time in seconds before a flash or frag grenade may be thrown
    ForbidGrenadeTimeFLO=0
    ForbidGrenadeTimeBDX=0
    ;If true, then players must use autopick to choose their team
    bDefaultOnlyAllowAutoPick=false
    ;Refers to aim assist when using a controller
    bDefaultAllowControllerAimAssist=false
    bOnlineVoiceEnabled=true
    ;The server owner name, website and hosting company and admin name and email, if filled out, appear on the Server Info screen
    sDefaultServerOwnerName=
    sDefaultServerOwnerWebsite=
    sDefaultServerHostingCompany=
    sDefaultAdminName=
    sDefaultAdminEmail=
    ;The message of the day is displayed on the team select screen (first screen seen when joining a game) and on the server info screen
    sDefaultServerMOTD="Visit the forums! Vote for you favorite map www.beermeclan.com/forum"
    ;The admin message is displayed on the server info screen
    sDefaultAdminMessage="Vote for you favorite map www.beermeclan.com/forum"
    ;When true players may vote to change or restart maps
    bDefaultAllowMapVoting=false ***********************************************
    ;When true all votes not dealing with maps may be called
    bDefaultAllowKickVoting=false ***********************************************
    DefaultVoteDuration=10
    ;When true players may vote for the next map at the end of a match
    bDefaultAllowAARMapVoting=false
    ;When true hard core mode is enabled
    ;Hard core = Reduced HUD and no revives
    bDefaultHardcoreMode=true
    ;If true then teams will attempt to balance numbers at the start of each round
    bDefaultAutoBalanceTeams=true
    ;When true friendly fire damage is reduced by 80%
    bDefaultReduceFriendlyFire=true
    ;When true players are not punished for ROE violations (ROE = dealing large amount

of damage to friendlies)
    bDefaultDisableROE=false
    ;When false players bleed to 1% and then stop bleeding
    bDefaultAllowBleedOut=true
    ;When false players cannot be revives following a head shot
    bDefaultReviveOnHeadshots=true
    ;The number of times a player may be revived
    MaxRevives=0
    ;When true the C4 device may not be secured by the defense team
    bDefaultForbidBombSecure=false ***********************************************
    ;When true all character shadows for all clients are forced off
    bDefaultForbidShadows=false
    ;When true the minimal HUD option is forced on for all clients
    bHUD_ForceMinimalHUD=false
    ;When false the active players for each team is not displayed on the HUD and only
    friendlies are displayed on the scoreboard
    bDefaultHUD_ForcePlayerCountOff=true
    ;When true enemy spots only appear on the minimap
    bDefaultHUD_ForceInWorldEnemySpotsOff=true *********************************
    ;When true the messages for when a player kills another are turned off for all
    clients
    bDefaultHUD_ForceActivityFeedOff=false
    ;No longer used
    bHUD_ForceHitIndicatorOff=true
    bAllowSpectateMode_ActionCam=true
    bAllowSpectateMode_3pOrbit=true
    bAllowSpectateMode_FreeCam=true
    ;When true players on the spectate team experience suppression, flash grenades and
    other screen FX
    bDefaultForceSpectateTeamScreenFX=false
    ;When false, prevents specators from seeing occluded mesh outlines
    bDefaultAllowOccludedMeshSpectate=false
    ;When true, will use the roles setup as dictated by the map
    bDefaultUseRoles=true
    ;When true, the server will do hit detection instead of the client
    bDefaultUseServerSideHitDetection=false
    ;When true, the server will allow global VoIP for all players
    bDefaultAllowGlobalVoiceChat=true
    ;When true, the server will allow VoIP for all specators
    bDefaultAllowSpectatorVoiceChat=true
    ;When true, the server will allow text chat for all players
    bDefaultAllowGlobalTextChat=true

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,121Beta Tester
    I could be wrong Roach, but I think the changes don't get made in the default ini. I think the aagame ini is what you need or aaengine. Those are the ones that get changed.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited May 2016
    Whatever file you're looking at is out of date. The correct, up-to-date version uses this terminology instead and would explain why your changes aren't having any effect -- those old variable names aren't referenced in the game code any longer.

bDefaultAllowChangeMapVoting (not bDefaultAllowMapVoting)
    bDefaultAllowKickPlayerVoting (not bDefaultAllowKickVoting)
    bDefaultHUD_ForceInWorldEnemySpots (not bDefaultHUD_ForceInWorldEnemySpotsOff)

The up-to-date DefaultGame.ini doesn't have a ForbidBombSecure line in it at all since that option has been discontinued.

As Wolverine suggests, changes should happen in the server's AAGame.ini config file. (Best practice for keeping the "Verify integrity..." Steam check from changing settings in unintended ways and for getting changes applied without needing to regenerate the AA*.ini files)

I believe those variable name changes (I remember at least some of them) were listed in patch notes not too long ago.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited May 2016
    As for the "Enemy spot" issue -- do you mean:

Case 1, no line of sight, you spot: You press the "Spot" key and you light up an enemy on the other side of the mountain

Case 2, no LOS, an ally spots: An ally that has line-of-sight to the enemy spots him and you see the spot on the other side of the mountain

Case 1 would definitely be a bug, Case 2 sounds like intended behavior. Just trying to clarify if there's a bug on some maps with spot collision tests working incorrectly or if you're unhappy with the way the spot action behaves as designed/implemented.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Saccho wrote: »
    I believe those variable name changes (I remember at least some of them) were listed in patch notes not too long ago.

http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/comment/39688/#Comment_39688