Curiosity Question

=R*C=-snom-=R*C=-snom- Posts: 88Player
edited May 2016 in Mission Editor
After the release of AA:PG, several items in the available in the editor were removed and/or replaced. I am struggling to understand why. Devs?

Comments

• [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    You're going to have to be a bit more specific in what you are talking about.
  • =R*C=-snom-=R*C=-snom- Posts: 88Player
    ie the 'high class vehicle' has been swapped out for another, 'CzSam' mesh with it tilted to the sky is gone. they are two that spring to mind.

• [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    I think things like that get removed because they find bugs in the asset which due to a change in the game code, crash the game or break certain functions. Alternatively, they may replace it with an improved asset, which happens to require a slightly different name, so the editor can't automatically update your map.

It would certainly help us map makers if lists of removed/modified assets were included in patch release notes, so that we know that our map will have to be rebuilt.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,594Beta Tester
    edited May 2016
    I lost a beautiful sky on AllTerrain that I had all the lighting and colour matched to... :(

In its place I got one with junk on the horizon that was gross.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    High Class Cars package has not changed in a long time. There are two meshes there:
    StaticMesh'Czervanian_HighClass_Car.Czervanian_HighClass_Car_SM'
    StaticMesh'Czervanian_HighClass_Car.Czervanian_HighClass_Car2_SM'

They have been there for 3.5 years. The only noteable change to the package is Car2 had its material changed from yellow to blue about 9 months ago.

CzSam Launcher facing he sky is still there:
    StaticMesh'Props_CzSAM_System.Mesh.CzSAM_Radar-Launcher01_NK_SMesh'

If you are wanting the radar to be tilted, use these two separate assets to create the effect:
    StaticMesh'Props_CzSAM_System.Mesh.CzSAM_Radar-Tracking-Base_NK_SMesh'
    StaticMesh'Props_CzSAM_System.Mesh.CzSAM_Radar-Tracking-Body_NK_SMesh'

There are also skeletal mesh versions that you can set to stay in any position they animate to:
    SkeletalMesh'Props_CzSAM_System.SkelMesh.tracker.CzSAM_Radar_Tracking_SKEL'
    SkeletalMesh'Props_CzSAM_System.SkelMesh.launcher.CzSAM_Radar_Launcher_SKEL'

The assets in that package (other than some minor UV touchups) haven't been touched in well over a year.

Thanks for the response rawrster,
    I don't seem to have StaticMesh'Czervanian_HighClass_Car.Czervanian_HighClass_Car_SM'.
    There used to be a CzSam launcher that was tilted to the sky, the one you referred to lies flat, which was the one I used to use for a map.
    Hmmm.... If I had to take a guess I would say we aren't using that car in any of our official levels and, as a result, it isn't making it in to the full build. I will write up a bug on it so we can look in to correcting that.
    Thanks Rawrster, does that meant we have other goodies in the mystery bag?
  • ModtoolsModtools Posts: 280Player
    hey snom do you want the car, perhaps i have it somewhere on my computer :-)
    then you can implement it as custom asset :-P
    I also notice alot of the new assests won't let you load them. i.e. 'foliageNew03' for example. Am I missing something?
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,594Beta Tester
    I'm noticing situations in the editor where I select and place an object which isn't visible, just the widget is there, yet I can hit 'Delete' and whatever didn't seem to be there.......deletes.

(No this isn't an accidental setting change either, because other assets place just fine...)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.