Multiple map versions - can we stream levels?

Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
I'm building a BASE version of a map from which several other maps will have minor changes to become FLO and BDX versions of the same map. Things like closed routes or different objectives, etc.

Does streaming levels handle this, and can we actually use this? It seems Steam wouldn't support this with the publish process, but I'm just trying to expand my horizons a bit.

I figured Streaming might clean up my workflow so I don't have to hop between the different versions...?
______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.

Comments

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,121Beta Tester
    It can, but I wouldn't suggest it. It can cause problem using steam. So stay away from it. If you are distributing the file all together as a download, it would be ok, or they were part of the core game.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    Okay. I wondered about that. I just don't want to move stuff back and forth between versions any more than I have to...

:p
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    Streaming is exactly for things like this.... for us. We stream levels all the time. I can't imagine it going well for UMM stuff, though. You'd have to essentially package maps together when you publish them and I'm not really sure the best way to do that.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    Gotcha. Thanks, Rawrster.

:s
    ______