Sound and Anims Tutorial + Map + example anims

ModtoolsModtools Posts: 280Player
edited May 2016 in Mission Editor - Support
Hey Guys i did figure out how to set up custom sounds properly.
Also i made some little animations to demonstrate what you can do out of that knowledge.

Here first how to set up the sounds (if you do not want to download a map)

IMPORT SOUND AS .WAV
import_wav_sound.png

SETUP SOUNDCUE #1
set_soundcue_up.png

SETUP SOUNDCUE #2
setting_up_soundcue.png

IMPLEMENTATION INGAME Variant 1 (gamestage setup)
gamestage_settup.png

gamestage_settup_with_object.png

IMPLEMENTATION INGAME Variant 2(gamestage setup)
c4explosion_kismet.png

Alternativ if there are sounds already implemented from aapg (AK BANKS / AK EVENTS)
use_ak.png

HERE THE LINK TO THE TUTORIAL MAP
LINK: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=685559679

Hope i could help you
HAVE FUN
Gz your Modtools

Comments

• CPT-A.Cantu[3rdID]CPT-A.Cantu[3rdID] Posts: 93Player
    Thanks, this looks great. Now I can get my pacman sounds working!
    PLevlex.jpg
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    I can't get sounds that are outside to occlude when I'm in a building that I've changed audio properties on the meshes. It will occlude game sounds like nades and stuff, but not ambient...EVEN when I have "allow occlusion" set on the sound properties...

??

When I go inside I want to here the outside sounds less. I'm not talking about the ones that have Start and Stop sounds either..........the other kind. According to the Wwise guide, this should work.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • ELiZ_SwedenELiZ_Sweden Posts: 30Player
    Does this mean that if you want a Custom sound to be played(Cue+Wav) you will have to add them to the game event Round in play?

• CPT-A.Cantu[3rdID]CPT-A.Cantu[3rdID] Posts: 93Player
    Keebler750 I have had this same issue for a while now, I even made a test map just with a building, trigger, and akpost event, but could never get the sound to work properly. Even set up reverb volumes and such, but it never works right.

ELiZ, I'm not sure I understand your question. If you make a cue to play a wav, yes you will need some sort of trigger, either touch/toggle placed in map, or through gamestage events.
    PLevlex.jpg
  • ModtoolsModtools Posts: 280Player
    edited May 2016
    yeah you can add the sound to a object in the map and if you want that it is a ambient you can start it via gamestageevent

if you want a triggered sound you can take a trigger placed in map

in my testmap are some examples , i think that will answer you your question
    if you have more question write me a PM here or on steam or here

Gz modtools
  • -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    Does this work on the server , i had set ups similar to this and they worked nicely in the editor , but once we got it on the server was back to the same old thing . Let me know if it works server wise and thanks for taking the time
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,121Beta Tester
    Yeah they are still bugged online. My Decerpt map is set up the same way, and it works good most of the times and it screws up other times. It's fine in beer me server, but the sound was jacked up in other server. Thanks for sharing MT.
  • ModtoolsModtools Posts: 280Player
    edited May 2016
    so look at my server.
    i have made a tutorial map so only try out on my server
    i tested it today if the sounds are working every time and they do and did 15 rounds in a row :awesome:
    the difference is that i am using soundcues and toggle them referenced to an object ingame :-)

Gz Modtools
  • =R*C=-snom-=R*C=-snom- Posts: 88Player
    I can't get sounds that are outside to occlude when I'm in a building that I've changed audio properties on the meshes. It will occlude game sounds like nades and stuff, but not ambient...EVEN when I have "allow occlusion" set on the sound properties...

??

When I go inside I want to here the outside sounds less. I'm not talking about the ones that have Start and Stop sounds either..........the other kind. According to the Wwise guide, this should work.

Same here. More seems broken than before. I think i'll have to join the worlds greatest army to become a graphic artist map maker.
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,054Player
    If it's custom or non wwise sounds check my reverb volumes in submarine base for inside / outside sounds or watch one of wolverine tutorials .