Mismatch

Created a map. uploaded it to workshop put on server.

Its to dark, added more lights, saved. Hit publish, yes to overright current file.

Now every time I go to play on server, I get a mismatch error. This is the second time I had this problem with 2 different maps. Help!

Comments

• (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    client or server hasn't updated the map , most mappers have found that sometimes you have to re-subscribe to your own map after a publish
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    There are certain things that can make it look like it updated when it didn't. I've had times where I opened the updated map to play, and it was the old version!

I have gone to a "best practices" workflow where my development (WIP) and my publish (the actual map) folder are different. I work on multiple versions in the WIP folder but save as the proper name in the publish folder right before publish.

Therefore in the publish folder there is always only two files, the consistently named umap, and the metadata.

Then, the only way you can mismatch is if the file hasn't downloaded yet.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    What lobo said
  • =-EbU-=^FireManDan^=-EbU-=^FireManDan^ Posts: 21Player
    Lobo it was everyone, not just me. So Im assuming that the client auto updated but the server wasn't. Any idea how to fix so server updates?
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    What I do for server update problems is go to Binaries\Win32\Steamapps and look where that map is stored for the server. I delete that map folder in there, but keep the ID number in the UGCmanager.ini and it redownloads for sure when I restart the server! Just don't try to start the server on that map until it says it downloaded. (Just watch the log file in real time - the black window.)

The other issue to watch for is whether the map updated properly from the publisher, as I outlined above.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.