[Tutorial] The quickest way (that I know of) to make a BDX copy of your FLO map

4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,156Player
edited May 2016 in Mission Editor - Support
Here's how you do it.

A couple notes:
1. This only works if you're making a mirror of your FLO map. If your BDX map is different than the FLO, it obviously won't work.
2. Make sure that all of your maps have their own folder in the Saves directory.

Process:
1. Go to your America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Maps\MissionEditor\Saves directory (or wherever you save your maps)
2. Copy and paste a copy of the folder that your FLO file is in. Then rename it as BDX_MapnameBDX_XX (or similar). I like to add the BDX at the end of the map name so it's easier for it to not get mixed up. It's probably optional.
3. Go into your new BDX folder and rename the map to BDX_MapnameBDX_XX. Also delete the Mapname.metadata file. If you don't do this, the publisher will try to overwrite your FLO map in Steam.
4. Open up the Full Editor and open your BDX map.
5. Go to View -> World Properties
6. Under World Info change the title to MapNameBDX
7. Under Fire Team Manager -> Per Team FTSetups change the amount of available roles to your BDX setup
8. Under Mission Info change Mission Name to MapName BDX
9. Full package name should match your file name BDX_MapnameBDX_XX
10. Short Package Name just make MapnameBDX
11. Map Type change to BDX
12. Next find your Insertion Points and change the number of players to 6 (I'm not sure if this is actually necessary).
13. Now when you publish, check the BDX box and you should be good to go.

Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    To be clear, this is making a copy and reconfiguring it. Any time you do this, Steam will accept it as new...as long as the map name is different, and the old metadata file is not in that new folder.

Why do you say this only works for a mirror of your FLO? Once you have your copy, you CAN change the map and tweak it for BDX in any way you want....close entrances, add or remove cover, whatever.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,156Player
    To be clear, this is making a copy and reconfiguring it. Any time you do this, Steam will accept it as new...as long as the map name is different, and the old metadata file is not in that new folder.

Why do you say this only works for a mirror of your FLO? Once you have your copy, you CAN change the map and tweak it for BDX in any way you want....close entrances, add or remove cover, whatever.

Because copying and pasting = mirror :p. Obviously you can change the BDX after that. I just don't want people to get confused and think that this would be the method when you want your BDX map to be really different and you're working on the BDX and FLO simultaneously.. or something.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Heh. Roger that... :)

Honestly, I think what you've posted is the best way to do it. Just having a switch you flip in the editor/publish process wouldn't give enough flexibility to make the maps unique to the team size.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.