-SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,472Player
edited December 2016 in Mission Editor - Support
gKQ6BB2.png

Comments

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,159Beta Tester
    Yeah I posted it some where else. Just go to your program files folder in and binary 32bit folder, make a shortcut of the aalauncher exe and you should be good. This will allow you to use it the old way. Have option for both editors and game.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    edited May 2016
    Should be able to link right to the Editor.exe as well...

Just remember that publishing can't work if Steam doesn't know where to put your map....in the Workshop under your name. THAT requires Steam to be running.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,472Player
    Can you guide me to it WoLvErInE I cannot seem to find it.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    drive:\\"Steam folder"\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32 and run AALauncher32.exe

It will give a message about running Steam first, so if not running close the launcher, run steam and then run the launcher again.

Once the launcher is open, run the editor the way it used to be.
  • StackEmUp!StackEmUp! Posts: 145Player
    If you use a direct shortcut to aagameeditor.exe, make sure to put this in the target field, under the properties of the shortcut: editor -cookededitor -nogadwarning

It should look similar to this:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32\AAGame.exe" editor -cookededitor -nogadwarning
    {NWO}Hawk wrote: »
    If you use a direct shortcut to aagameeditor.exe, make sure to put this in the target field, under the properties of the shortcut: editor -cookededitor -nogadwarning

It should look similar to this:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32\AAGame.exe" editor -cookededitor -nogadwarning

This should be fine, but just make sure the correct version is loaded.

I made a shortcut versions of the aagameeditor and aamissioneditor from the 64bit folder and added the extension you posted to the end of the target line. This way I have both 64bit editors available to me. I still use the launcher shortcut though. I feel it works better for me, and that reminds me to be logged into steam.
    Did this it works until I open map then crashes strange.
    gKQ6BB2.png
    Make sure you didn't save stock assets again.
    It works fine using launcher but the new short cut it crashes.
    gKQ6BB2.png
    edited May 2016
    Are the links outlined above for the 32bit or 64bit editor? Why are you linking to the AAGame.exe instead of the AAGameEditor.exe?

For 64ibt full editor, the path in shortcut should be something like:

"E:\Steam\SteamApps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win64\AAGameEditor.exe" editor -cookededitor -nogadwarning
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Are the links outlined above for the 32bit or 64bit editor? Why are you linking to the AAGame.exe instead of the AAGameEditor.exe?

For 64ibt full editor, the path in shortcut should be something like:

"E:\Steam\SteamApps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win64\AAGameEditor.exe" editor -cookededitor -nogadwarning

When placing a desktop shortcut to aagameeditor.exe, everything in the target field is stock, except everything outside the quotation marks. Basically aagame.exe with the command "editor" turns the game into the editor.
    I use the 32bit shortcut, and then use the 64bit through the launcher.

If this makes any sense. =)
  • DrakenardDrakenard Posts: 2Player
    My editor crashes when i try to open a saved map. Any thoughts as to why that would happen, and what the fix might be?

You may have accidentally saved a stock asset.

Try looking for a folder named "Assets", or "Packages", in this directory, if you find any, and they are not something that you have made delete those folders:
    "C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Unpublished".

Can you be more specific please. Which stock map file are you trying to open? Where is it located? Are you crashing when playing stock map...etc.
    Hawk....ya, makes sense. I'm just surprised. The file AAGameEditor.exe is almost the same size as the game exe. Why is it even there then??
    ______

Must have been easier for the Dev's to make separate executable's. =)

I've seen other games with included editors, do the same:)