Editor Crashing

Hello,

Hoping I am posting this in the right area...

I decided to try the mission editor. It loads up and allows me to put in a map name and select the various options. Then I click ok and boom.... crashes...

Any thoughts as too why?

Currently running a Laptop,
ASUS Republic of gamers, Nvidia Geforce 980 m, 24 GB ram. All drivers up to date.

The only thought I have is that steam is installed on E drive?

Comments

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,159Beta Tester
    It's broke at the moment. You can use the advance editor, if you want. That works.
  • CDN_Medic_HSDWGCDN_Medic_HSDWG Posts: 3Player
    edited May 2016
    Well darn. Ok that explains that lol. Thank you for the reply. as for the advanced I got confused just opening it. Guess I will wait.
  • K0$H3RK0$H3R Posts: 57Developer
    I can confirm at this time, that the basic mission editor is facing this issue of crashing upon launch. We have this in the support queue and currently are working to resolve the issue.

The full Mission Editor is still working properly if you wish to work with it. We will keep you all posted as a fix is crafted and submitted. Thank you for your patience and your dedication to AAPG. We truly have the best community and appreciate each and every one of you!

Cheers!
  • CDN_Medic_HSDWGCDN_Medic_HSDWG Posts: 3Player
    Thank you.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Kosher, I can confirm that your post is the most official sounding post I've read in 14 years on these forums. Just sayin'

:)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited May 2016
    Some randie told me this (new?) Kosher fella is like Red from Shawshank Redemption, he's a man who knows how to get things :+1:

There once was a gent named Phoenix who did a pretty good job of being official too. He did all the announcements and stuff for a LONG time, I thought he was a 'big boss' type. Back in AA3 days seeing a post from Phoenix was like winning a few $'s on a lottery scratchcard.. always a welcome pleasure.

Granted, he never posted the kinds of announcements I was most looking forward to though, things like opening up all them MOS tiers and unlocking all that "Coming Soon" ya know.. all the cool looking/sounding stuff. It's been a long while since I've seen a Phoenix post come to think of it..
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,574Player
    Phoenix was last active 7 months ago.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    I'll take that as a complement gents!
    Anything I can do to help, just let me know!
    Look forward to playing with you all someday soon!

Cheers,
  • -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    K0$H3R wrote: »

Cheers,

Fix the editor ?
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    K0$H3R wrote: »

Cheers,

I will crush you like an ant.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

Sounds like we found out the issue with the Basic Editor. Should be pushing out something within a day or two. I'll keep you all posted.

Cheers,
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    :+1: !!!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • DrakenardDrakenard Posts: 2Player
    I'm having an issue with the full editor crashing when i open a saved map. Any thought as to why that might happen?
  • |-OSG-|Eladd|-OSG-|Eladd Posts: 34Player
    Basic editor was working fine a couple of days ago (I believe it was working fine after the post stating the basic editor was broken).

It now crashes on startup every time but Advanced Editor is working fine.

Is there any other way to upload changes to a map in Steam Workshop other than through the basic editor?

I have been adding a lot of maps lately to see how other community members have made there maps. Can too many custom maps cause editor crashing issues?
    Just unsubscribed from heaps of maps - still crashes on startup.

As I have visual studio installed it asked me to debug. I am not a programmer, so have no idea how to use this program but it provided the following message:
    A buffer overrun has occurred in AAMissionEditor.exe which has corrupted the program's internal state. Press Break to debug the program or Continue to terminate the program.

I don't know if this helps or not?
    edited May 2016
    I have found out why my editor was crashing. It was caused by me putting maps in a folder I created that the editor did not like.

I had created a NIGHT folder and copied some of the Custom Night maps I had downloaded into the unpublished MAPS folder. I moved this folder out of this location and map editor worked.

The only reason I did this was to try and minimize having to browse between AAPG maps folder and the Customer maps folder which is located under Documents/My Games/Americas Army.

ps: apologies for the triple post