Minimum Server Requirements

ChucklefaceChuckleface Posts: 25Player
edited May 2016 in Server Support
Just our curiosity, what are the minimum and recommended specs for an server?

I'm assuming people are using their home computers to set up their servers?

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    I tried to run a dedicated server on a Vista box. Didn't work. It seems to me the AAGame.exe still requires the basics for gameplay in order to run as a server. After all, it is the same exe.

However, I haven't explored all the possible options.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • ChucklefaceChuckleface Posts: 25Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I tried to run a dedicated server on a Vista box. Didn't work. It seems to me the AAGame.exe still requires the basics for gameplay in order to run as a server. After all, it is the same exe.

However, I haven't explored all the possible options.

Well, that would make sense. However, they do say you can run AA:PG on Vista.
  • GunR|DrerexGunR|Drerex Posts: 65Player
    It doesn't need much since it is running in cmd line. I am running a Pentium G3258 on a Z87 chipset and don't have any hiccups at all.
    Untitled_zpsqiypm7mn.png

• ChucklefaceChuckleface Posts: 25Player
    It doesn't need much since it is running in cmd line. I am running a Pentium G3258 on a Z87 chipset and don't have any hiccups at all.

Well, and feel free to laugh at me, I was thinking it would be cool to run use my Raspberry Pi 2 Model B as a server....

However, I really doubt that's possible. Unless, all it is is a command line. Even though, I don't suppose the Pi would have enough power to use as a server.