Comp Map input

iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
Alright boys, @-Flops- is willing to get us rolling for a comp only type UMM..perhaps for future implementation into the game.

In my opinion the map should be dual c4 with at least 2-3 types of entrances. Rotation between sites should be ~15 seconds through all routes connecting both sites. Sites should have defensive positions unlike crossfire where you're butt naked to defend. Walls should be low enough flashes can be effective as an entrance means due to entrances being choke point like.

This is your moment to shine Doba

Please keep it clean, no attacks. The only thing FLOPS wants it collaboration in order to get this done. We will disagree for sure, but i need inputs in order to create a sketch/layout to start with!
Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.

Comments

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    - Def. dual C4
    - Each bomb location in a courtyard like fashion (large area with multiple entrances) as pointed out 3 entrances min even 4 will work
    - must have rotation availability
    - bomb sites gives defense a place to defend that doesnt blend into the environment and not too many places.
    - use elevation, high low areas for entry
    - choke points half way in maps are good if attacking team chooses to push up
    - urban setting aka, concrete playground

the tricky/creative part is designing paths.. dont finish the map.. let us scrim the map once routes are created before adding any details.. etc..

good luck

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    - Def. dual C4
    - Each bomb location in a courtyard like fashion (large area with multiple entrances) as pointed out 3 entrances min even 4 will work
    - bomb sites gives defense a place to defend that doesnt blend into the environment and not too many places.

the tricky/creative part is designing paths.. dont finish the map.. let us scrim the map once routes are created before adding any details.. etc..

good luck

So basically any CS map?
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    - Def. dual C4

good luck

So basically any CS map?

The concept is from CS. We are not denying that.
    edited May 2016
    Not denying that, they have great level designers.. doesn't mean it has to look like any of their maps.. other games also use this kind of design

I think it's what makes CS fun. Grest maps..

Just wanted to point out how great CS maps are. Also their small mapchanges are usually good work.
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Just wanted to point out how great CS maps are. Also their small mapchanges are usually good work.

They are indeed. Mirage and Cache are really good maps.
    edited May 2016
    Alright, I sketched something out.

We are looking at a 5v5, 3 entrances max per site. Entrnaces are going to be wider than csgo style entrnaces due to the nature of aapg shooting style.

I am guessing pushes will consist of 5 players to 2 or 3 defending players. This will depend on possible fakes, pushes, splits and so on. Bomb spotting is difficult in AAPG.

Rotation wont be longer than 15 seconds through the fastest route. Defenders will have the upper hand at all times, unlike shadow step.

Use of smoke will go up significantly, and flashes even more.

This is far from ideal, but it's to get the minds flowing.
    • this is highly based of mirage.

http://i.imgur.com/BAvPWsC.jpg

BAvPWsC.jpg
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,121Beta Tester
    Flops, if you need anything just let me know. Good luck.

Btw rokis, you just drew my new map layout. ;)
    Go in spectator mode fly over the assault side and look at the map and your layout. ;)

Anyways good luck with this, any help needed, just hollah! ;)
    Flops, if you need anything just let me know. Good luck.

Btw rokis, you just drew my new map layout. ;)
    Go in spectator mode fly over the assault side and look at the map and your layout. ;)

Anyways good luck with this, any help needed, just hollah! ;)

Decerpt?
    edited May 2016
    omg its Mirage.. but seriously, you could make the same layout map in AA with our styling and it will be totally different .. as we play we could also decide otherwise and make certain changes.. Rokis just gave someone a starting point.. Pathways as mentioned are wider.. with use of cars, boxes whatever..

its a start

I always thought taking the good areas from certain CS maps and blending them into one AA map for instance B site Mirage with A site Dust2 with a twist

Messaged Flops gave him the starting layout. I did mention it's highly based of mirage and sure as heck it will play way different than csgo.
    A main difference is gotta be smokes, especially since we are talking mirage.
    Did you give him a week timeline >:)

• =IK=Wonkss=IK=Wonkss Posts: 92Player
    I personally like the idea of 2 objectives but would rather them be take and hold like harbor assault. (forces teams to move and less camp it out) 2 c4 objectives works as well I just like the take and hold more. rest like doba and rokis pointed out.
    edited May 2016
    =IK=Wonkss wrote: »
    I personally like the idea of 2 objectives but would rather them be take and hold like harbor assault. (forces teams to move and less camp it out) 2 c4 objectives works as well I just like the take and hold more. rest like doba and rokis pointed out.

With our timing scheme currently, no. it's 2:30 and people are talking about lowering it. FN's 3min was just horrendous. Although Harbor is butt clenching fun.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,121Player
    Mirage is probably my favorite of the newer CS maps. Would be a good one to emulate.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    Harbour shows it can work.. need some variety

• Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    What about something like watchdog with the TH that only assault can take but you must take all the OBJ to win, none of this take 2 and camp the rest crap.

OR...(Not sure if AAPG can support it) set it up like pipeline where you can either take 3 minor OBJ's to win or one major OBJ (CP)

Just gives assaulting and defending more options and can make the matches more interesting.

edited May 2016
    .dc-gRon^ wrote: »
    What about something like watchdog with the TH that only assault can take but you must take all the OBJ to win, none of this take 2 and camp the rest crap.

OR...(Not sure if AAPG can support it) set it up like pipeline where you can either take 3 minor OBJ's to win or one major OBJ (CP)

Just gives assaulting and defending more options and can make the matches more interesting.

I think pipeline we tried, it was really awkward. There is a video somewhere because it was casted and
    with a 2:30 timer taking all objs would be extremely difficult. You're working 2 different objs. 1 is already incredibly hard, and you lose half of your team doing it if you can get it at all.
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    Yeah with a 2:30 timer you'd almost have to look at a map like collapsed tunnel. Multiple routes, multiple levels and 2 OBJ. Either pick the lock or kill everyone lol