Game Update Notes (5 May 2016)

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
edited May 2016 in News & Announcements
We have a huge content update today! All three winners of the Great Outdoors contest are now on the Official servers and in the standard map rotation.

Great Outdoor UMM Contest Winners
  • The three contest winning maps are now live! These are all 12v12 outdoor themed maps
  • Stone Ruins by RedBaron64 is a foggy fight through some ancient ruins
  • Cabin Fever by =groundhog= offers a great hilly indoor and outdoor battle across a frozen landscape
  • Rocky Road by Keebler750 puts you in a tug-of-war style battle in a rocky landscape

Login Moved
  • Logging in to the game and account creation will now happen in the game and not the launcher
  • Launching to the Editor will bring up the launcher and all it's associated functions

Map Fixes
  • Adjusted the fog density on Bridge to be consistent for both sides
  • Fixed a spot on Bridge where players could stand on a tiny collision lip
  • Closed a crack on Bridge where players could fire on the extraction point from one of the towers
  • Out of bounds area on Homestead tweaked slightly
  • Wooden ceiling beams near the Homestead forge no longer intersect with soldier's heads
  • Players may no longer jump on several light poles in Slums
  • Blocking an area on Slums where players could leave the intended play space
  • Blocked a spot on Siege where players could leave the intended play space
  • Closed an area on Coldfront where players could, yes, leave the intended play space

UI/HUD
  • Overload author plaque added to the map
  • Fixed an issue where map images in the Training menu could vanish
  • "Rank Up" animation now displayed correctly on the AAR
  • Activity feed spacing tweaked
  • Deploy menu now appears by default when the game is in warmup mode
  • Fix for the round start timer appearing incorrectly after opening the server browser from within a game
  • Size of confirmation dialogs increased

Mission Editor
  • Mission Editor Help function works once again
  • Fix for shoot house templates in the mission editor causing a crash

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
  • Fix for issue where removing a map from the workshop could cause a server with that map to experience problems
  • Pacifist and Clean Sweep achievements are no longer awarded when the opposing team leaves
  • Fix for scoreboard becoming stuck during a demorec playback
  • Fixed a bug where VOIP was being re-enabled at the start of each match even when disabled in the settings
  • Players may no longer pick up a second pistol, should one somehow be in the world to be picked up
  • Fix for the occasional distorted soldier in the end of round cam
  • Client and server logs cleaned up a bit
  • Matches ending due to not enough players will no longer trigger a map change
  • Prone performance improved significantly on the server side
  • Fix for movement stuttering during posture changes and at the end of sliding when playing online
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Ehh nothing in terms of adding to comp.. and why 12v12 on those maps only ? Why no bdx support

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • ElijhaElijha Posts: 22Player
    Thought my game had screwed up when it was updating and I could not see any posts about an update. New maps - can't wait.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,093Player
    edited May 2016
    It's nice to get new maps, but it'd be nice to get some new features. I strongly doubt that the Dev team has been exclusively working on maps and bug fixes for the past 7 months. I know we got a hint about VIP coming at some point, so I'm sure there are tons of goodies in the closed builds that are being worked on.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    No doubt Whiplash. . Like the hinted VIP mode.. or those gun attachments we spoke of many times..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 620Player
    No sharks with laser? Uninstalled!
    AAPG is good!
  • PhilBaxPhilBax Posts: 43Developer
    As many people like to save and reuse their old inis, I highly recommend diffing your saved ini against the new one to see the changes. Here are some of the bigger ini changes you'll need to be aware of:

AAGame.ini:
    • Added AAMaxPlayersAllowed (defaults to 32) to AAGameInfo block.
    • Added new maps to MapVoteList and MapRotationList

We also renamed several variables for the sake of clarity and consistency:
    • bDefaultReduceFriendlyFire -> bDefaultScaleFriendlyFireDamage
    • bDefaultDisableROE=false -> bDefaultROEEnabled=true
    • bDefaultDisableAutoReload=false -> bDefaultAutoReloadEnabled=true
    • bDefaultForbidShadows=false -> bDefaultShadowsAllowed=true
    • bDefaultForbidAnchoring=false -> bDefaultAnchoringAllowed=true
    • bDefaultHUD_ForceInWorldEnemySpotsOff=false -> bDefaultHUD_ForceInWorldEnemySpots=true

Also, for those who are having issues with the Host a Server tool not saving configurations: unfortunatley, we're working on some major updates to HaS but they weren't quite ready for this update. Hopefully they'll be ready to go next update cycle. Good things are coming! :)
  • weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 143Player
    Does this update address any of the Host A Server GUI bugs recently reported like INI files being overwritten and the per server pb config?
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,422Player
    Fix for the occasional distorted soldier in the end of round cam
    just seen this on server but missed getting screenshot.
    How do we use mission editor now launcher has gone.
    Does this update address any of the Host A Server GUI bugs recently reported like INI files being overwritten and the per server pb config?

I'm not aware of the INI files being overwritten issue, though it sounds like that *might* be intended behavior. Can you PM me a link to that report please?

The per-server pb config fix is in, though it still uses the "pbsvgame" filename. The file name change will be in a future update.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,562Beta Tester
    Philbax...overwritten by the defaults can appear like "not saving." I did bug this.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    How do we use mission editor now launcher has gone.

When you start the game, you should see an option to "Launch Game Editor". Select that, and the launcher should come up.

(If there's an error, try restarting Steam. The launcher was named incorrectly; it's fixed now.)
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Philbax...overwritten by the defaults can appear like "not saving." I did bug this.

Ah! It should be in the bug queue then. Thanks!
    Yes working now.
    Just for anyone that's not sure right click on game in steam library and then click launch game editor.
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 351Player
    Let's all appreciate the fact that the launcher is gone.
    Oh well.
    PhilBax wrote: »
    Keebler750 wrote: »

Ah! It should be in the bug queue then. Thanks!

:o !!!!

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,093Player
    `xinoN wrote: »
    Let's all appreciate the fact that the launcher is gone.

:+1:
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    edited May 2016
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Ehh nothing in terms of adding to comp.. and why 12v12 on those maps only ? Why no bdx support

I just ran around on one of the new maps and sliding seems nerfed.
    wrote:
    Fix for movement stuttering during posture changes and at the end of sliding when playing online
    I would imagine this has something to do with it. It seems like the length of the slide is shorter and slower, correct me if i'm wrong.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
    I haven't actually done this, so I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the Devs for the absolute honor of having my map chosen and put into the game. I dare say it took a bit of work to polish up. Sorry about that.... :)
    ______

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    You are still moving the same distance. The stutter would cause you to rubberband slightly, but that's it.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.