South American Comp Inquiry

ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
edited May 2016 in eSports
Back in the AA2 days, there were SEVERAL South American team involved in their own competitive scene. Now days, the teams are less in numbers but still out there. From what I've seen, the active ones are :
  • A*A*E
  • CDN
  • [GwA]
  • aWb
  • R]
  • ~vG]
  • -=ME=-
  • ^SuR

In fact, CDN and AAE host their servers in Chicago and provide great pings to East Coast NA players. I was wondering if any of these teams would be interested in having a tournament amongst themselves. In the past I've asked some members from these teams (in Spanish), but it seems I could never speak to the correct individuals.

For those of you Spanish players who may be interested in competition, is this something you'd want to try? I'd be happy to help.
@TrIn@dOr^SuR
Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
FGNL Season 1 Champions
FN Season 2 & 4 Champions

Comments

• TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    edited May 2016
    Yeap, lately our AA community have been a little bit sleeping, playing other games, but still playing AA a couple of days a week.

We have a server in Chicago also, 216.105.171.113:8777 is close to renewal and i don't know if I'm renewing it (low activity).

You are welcome (and whoever Spanish speaker interested) to join our Facebook Latinamerican community, to talk about the idea.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/aaargentina/

Thanks bro.
    Plus don't forget Brazil, they have a lot of teams and they are real skilled too.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    edited May 2016
    @TrIn@dOr^SuR , about a month ago I entered every above team's server to briefly discuss competition. Some were up for the idea, but most were not because they mainly think i'm a "cheese eater." If a friendly face such as yourself scheduled a game against one of these teams, we'd be happy to cast it and put it on youtube. Maybe that youtube video would inspire other SA teams to get involved.

One of our team members is actually from Brazil and still speaks Portuguese. I'm fluent in Spanish.
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    what do you guys ping to a dallas server and a chicago one too.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    edited May 2016
    Their best bet is Florida/CA since sea fiber runs from Sao Paulo to Miami.
    And Chile to West coast.

http://www.submarinecablemap.com/
    They are still looking at 160ms + I think

Yes, I speak Portuguese Fluently. I am pertty hated among the SA players though. Cheese eater.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
    edited May 2016
    Our server hosted in Chicago gives them without lag 160/180.

For some strange reason, from Argentina, Florida is higher than Chicago.

Then other server that works nice is 312 at Texas, they have more ping, but does not harm performance.

At least, that's what my mates say, I constantly hear complaints from Americans about Argentinean pings...

So, after years and years playing this, and having had servers in Argentina and USA, the best choice for a local tournament could be to find server in the south of Brazil. That could be the best balance for all SA teams.

Let me add, we feel that the game is not massively played as before, and a lot of players are "passive" players.
    edited May 2016
    Yeah funny thing I managed to get 150 ping on a EURO server today usually I have 130-140 and I had zero lag and got 3 golden hawkeyes with m16 was fun. Then my ping dropped to 135 and I started to lag or before if I were to go into a SFO official my ping would be 90-120 and when it would hit 110-120 I would lag like crazy not the first time I witness this either I played in a euro server before with 160 ping lag free and then other time I go EU server 130 ping tons of lag. I mean its understandable there has to be a reason why all these Europe players would come play in NA server when they got a bunch more of their own location to play in. Interesting thing to why do europe players tend always be prone sitting still somewhere in their spawn?

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,186Player
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    Interesting thing to why do europe players tend always be prone sitting still somewhere in their spawn?

I'm moving to Canada so I can lose the stigma.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,121Player
    [Gen]Adzic wrote: »
    Interesting thing to why do europe players tend always be prone sitting still somewhere in their spawn?

I'm moving to Canada so I can lose the stigma.

Well, you're going to have to deal with Colts and Doba in Canada. What a group :lol:
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited May 2016
    Back in cK when we played some matches against NA teams we always made fun of them proning across the map so tactically. Guess EU got infected lol.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 676Player
    Open up NA comp to SA as well?
    edited May 2016
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Back in cK when we played some matches against NA teams we always made fun of them proning across the map so tactically. Guess EU got infected lol.

You must of been playing some noob teams. What matches? Was this a ladder?

Don't remember what it was exactly, psycho singed us up. Played 4 or 5 games for 1st place then stopped because it wasn't worth staying up til 2-3 am for that.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    doogle! wrote: »
    Open up NA comp to SA as well?

No, at lest not for a while. This is more to test the waters and see if any SA teams would be interested in getting competitive. I've added Trinador to see what we can workout, even if it's a single day tournament using challonge.com

CDN, GwA, and AAE have terrific Chicago servers that many NA players frequently join.
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    edited May 2016

Don't remember what it was exactly, psycho singed us up. Played 4 or 5 games for 1st place then stopped because it wasn't worth staying up til 2-3 am for that.

Must of been that fragged nation ladder no teams joined or played. http://www.fraggednation.com/standings.php?ladderID=11287

If you judging by this ladder than that would be the exact same as if I was to judge the Europe competitive scene based on a pub on an Official EU server.

Had you of joined a TWL NA ladder if allowed before twl shutdown a little after the game released to open beta. You would of had a much different experience.

Must of been that fragged nation ladder no teams joined or played. http://www.fraggednation.com/standings.php?ladderID=11287

If you judging by this ladder than that would be the exact same as if I was to judge the Europe competitive scene based on a pub on an Official EU server.

Had you of joined a TWL NA ladder if allowed before twl shutdown a little after the game released to open beta. You would of had a much different experience.

I couldn't care less about NA comp, I'm not even playing anymore. Just since you brought up EUs proning on pub, I thought it's funny how those NA guys were proning in comp.
    Another possibility is to create an NA Latin (Spanish speakers located in NA) flavored tourney... ALL SPANISH and with real flavor... ;)
    edited May 2016

I couldn't care less about NA comp, I'm not even playing anymore. Just since you brought up EUs proning on pub, I thought it's funny how those NA guys were proning in comp.

Holy Balls! Even the euro uses i couldn't care less correctly and Americans can't.
    iNv|roKis- wrote: »

Holy Balls! Even the euro uses i couldn't care less correctly and Americans can't.

How would you use it incorrectly?
    edited May 2016
    iNv|roKis- wrote: »

How would you use it incorrectly?

I could care less is incorrect. It implies to caring a little when you're attempting to show that you don't care. People don't understand this. It's also probably a habit, it's an annoying one though.