Making A Map Lighter

I created my first map, but a lot of players say it is too dark. Could anybody give me advice on how to lighten my map. Also I have a problem with the spawn barrier, could anybody tell me how to make it bigger. I can add barriers but I cant remove the original ones.

Comments

• [G]old{F}^Animus[G]old{F}^Animus Posts: 10Player
    Spawn barrier can be resized same as other objects I believe.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    There are many ways to make your map brighter, most obvious one would be altering your dominant directional light's brightness, alternately if its somewhere like an alley, that would be unaffected by such a change to global light, you might need to add in some more dedicated lights to them types of areas.

Spawn barriers are tricky to explain as sometimes to get what you want exactly you have to make changes in either the Command/Insertion Points properites (cant remember off the top of my head which), which would allow you to add/change any existing barriers, but you can resize them as [G]old{F}^Animus said as long as you don't need anymore barriers than whats there by default you needn't make any property changes, just move and resize them wherever you want them.

This all assumes that your using the full editor. if your using the basic one, your options are limited.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    One of the quickest ways to banish shadows without adding a bunch of lights is to drag in a "skylight" actor from the content browser "Actor Classes." That and the Dominant Directional Light goes a long way toward getting the general lighting set up. Obviously, there are more creative options, but this is a good start.

Both of these lights are adjustable for brightness etc, and the skylight will light the insides of buildings all over the map!

As a photographer, one thing I've learned to watch out for is if everyone says your image (or map) looks too dark and you think it looks fine, your monitor may be too bright! I calibrate mine to a standard setting.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.