Editor crash on full load of packages

Hi everyone,

Recently I came accross the problem of editor crushing when I try to fully load packages. Has anyone come accross this type of the problem and does anyone know how to fix it? My package loading time has also increased signifficantly.

Thanks for assistance and your time

Brg

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    This is usually a memory issue. Were you able to do it fine in the past?
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Are you running the 32bit or 64bit editor and what Windows version/architecture? Also, how much RAM? Lastly, is there an error message?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • EJtheKEJtheK Posts: 105Player
    This will also happen if you saved any changes to the stock .upk files.
  • [G]old{F}^Animus[G]old{F}^Animus Posts: 10Player
    Thanks for quick responses.

System specs:
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise
    Processor: Intel core i5 M540 @ 2.53 Ghz
    RAM: 8 GB
    64 bit system.

Two days ago it was working normally with fast loads and everything else.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited May 2016
    It's a weird one because any accidental saving of stock packages usually results in a completely broken, un-launch-able editor, up until you removed the offending package. I would have said RAM too but since you've had it fully loading, that's unlikely the case.

Time to check your AAEditor log after a crash occurs and copy/paste it up here on the forum..

you can find it here,

C:\Users\Games\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Logs\AAEditor.log

NOTE - its only potentially good if you copy/paste straight after the crash occurs. Otherwise it wont show an issue.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

I initiated a fully load a while a go (1:48:10) and still processing. I will keep on running it and then when it comes up, I will post a log.
    Finally done and with complete success. I guess the problem was ARCTIC package I have downloaded from some tutorial and copied it straight to the directory. I just deleted it and now process was OK. II just hope next time will be faster like it used to be not 3 hours. :)
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,159Beta Tester
    Usually the first time you load the editor it takes bit longer, because it has to cache all the files. 2nd time shouldn't be as bad. However, in your case 3 hours is way too long.
    I will run it again in about an hour and check the logs for some errors. I have noticed also that it did not load up Devs helicopter...also quite many other static meshes are missing

• -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    edited May 2016
    This used to happen to me alot when i first started because i was saving upk when i should not have been . When it saves then the AAPG editor for some reason can save them in a random location on your computer . you will need to search your pc and look for the out of place UPK . This can sometimes be hard because if your a big gamer other games will have UPK files saved to them as well, It usually saves them in "My Documents" somewhere , just look for the out of place one and delete it , Reinstalling will not help because the UPK is still there you need to find it .