Flashes / nades

=IK=Wonkss=IK=Wonkss Posts: 92Player
Why when I throw a nade/flash my character makes like he throws it but doesn't and I walk away and he throw it a second later. Usually into a wall or at my feet? this is not a new game anymore yet these little issues still persist. come on can we get a fix or at least a reason why this happens?

Comments

• Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 328Beta Tester
    Can you post a video? Also, which map, server, when, what was your ping etc. would all be very helpful.

I've had this happen once on a test UMM. I thought I was just slow to release and turned to fast because I was in the open and taking fire.
    556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Flashes and grenades are handled server-side. This is a network/latency issue and doesn't really have anything to do with the quality of the game's code. Talk to the ISPs and interconnect providers.
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 328Beta Tester

Ah, thanks for that info Saccho. That confirms what I’ve thought all along. When an OpFor tosses a nade my way and I can’t run away it’s because the server has already counted me dead.

DANG! Wish I was able to have high speed like those close to major centers or communication corridors. :(
    556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg
  • JoGaryJoGary Posts: 220Player
    happens now and again. i even seen it once where it lagged soo much that frag left hand late but game didnt register that i had thrown one and i had a frag still left in my inventory :awesome:
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    Blowing up your battle buddy because you went to quick throw a nade in an exact spot but it didn't leave the hand until you'd moved an inch to the right which made that hot potato bounce back, then hearing them slaughter you over VOIP for being a popularly used four letter word.

Love it.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• =IK=Wonkss=IK=Wonkss Posts: 92Player
    its a game issue it used to not happen and then a couple patches ago it happens. please devs chime in on this and lets us know you have a fix. its not a certain server or a certain time it happens and we need a fix please and thanks. This is a game of seconds and inches and this is unacceptable.
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    Wonks, do a video. It only ever happens to me due to high latency.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    iNv|roKis- wrote: »
    Wonks, do a video. It only ever happens to me due to high latency.

Same, I have only had it happen if I've a high ping to the server. I'm talking anything 250+. In which case it's my own fault for not going more local.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

yeah I don't ever play on servers over 120 ping so not sure what your talking about?
    What is the video going to show what we already know happens? you throw nade/flash it shows like it throws it but it doesn't and a sec later it throws it no animation just fires out from body. everyone has had this happen.
    =IK=Wonkss wrote: »
    yeah I don't ever play on servers over 120 ping so not sure what your talking about?
    What is the video going to show what we already know happens? you throw nade/flash it shows like it throws it but it doesn't and a sec later it throws it no animation just fires out from body. everyone has had this happen.

aight guy. then it's ur broken pc.
    yup my broken pc yet everyone has had this happen? okie bud
    edited May 2016
    =IK=Wonkss wrote: »
    yup my broken pc yet everyone has had this happen? okie bud

That was me being sarcastic bc despite the inputs of help, you don't seem to want the help.

The idea for a video is...can you replicate it? Do you warp after you throw the flash? Why does it throw at your feet and not at the wall some times, and so on... Did you try running that nifty graph people run to find FPS inconsistencies? What are your computers specs?
    Driver updates? stutters?

Won't take two seconds to do a shadow play with the netgraph thing.

As far as we know this is only caused by lag, youre saying otherwise. So show it to us.
    I'm not saying its not cause by lag. I'm not lagging when it occurs it doesn't come out of my feet it comes out of my body and does hit the wall in front of me but 9 out of 10 times it lands back at my feet. it is very random when it happens. I can not just make it happen and its not server dependent happens in pubs as well as scrims/matches. once again randomly. I do not warp when it happens although I do get warping other times (love running ahead of the group cause of warping) specs ; all updated drivers win10 64bit ,amd fx -8320 @ 4.5ghz .asus gtx 770 oc. 8 gb 1866 ram .g510 keyboard .deathadder. steelseries hp. asus 24" @ 120 hz 1920X1080.

HooaH
    edited May 2016
    Turn off shadowplay. See if that does anything. I've been having issues with shadow play lowering frames drastically.
    rgr will try that ty.
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    did it work? I almost feel bad when your sprinting into walls shooting cause you blinded yourself lmao

edited May 2016
    seems to alright now. not sure if its cause of the patch or the shadowplay. I don't play as much as this game is getting rather boring.
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    Ofc it's boring look at the 'new maps' they pump out lol

edited May 2016
    shadowplay not even installed and I still get this. ping was 80's fps was at 122 and it seems to happen more with flashes then nades but does also happen with nades.