force servers aci

why dont you force the servers run aac?

Comments

• |FOX|kozini.pl|FOX|kozini.pl Posts: 92Player
    aci, sry
  • ~Gorilla~~Gorilla~ Posts: 793Administrator
    Most servers run ACI or Punk Buster. It is up to the server owner to take care of that. However as far as I know all servers still get PBSS streaming to their server so they can check them and submit if needed to ACI. I understand what you are saying but there is Punk Buster too, and you would have both streaming till the game allows people to go to the server.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    Every server can stream to ACI but if you wanna use LiveSecure to protect the sever with ACI, then the server owner/admin has to apply for streaming admin membership. You can read the application requirements here http://www.anticheatinc.net

• Theodore_BundyTheodore_Bundy Posts: 68Player
    Most servers run ACI or Punk Buster. It is up to the server owner to take care of that. However as far as I know all servers still get PBSS streaming to their server so they can check them and submit if needed to ACI. I understand what you are saying but there is Punk Buster too, and you would have both streaming till the game allows people to go to the server.

Servers without Punkbuster won't have screenshots - as that's a feature of Punkbuster. Servers without Punkbuster cannot stream to ACI - as that's a feature of Punkbuster. Servers that haven't streamed to ACI or PBBans cannot submit screenshots because there's no logs (specifically the streamed MD5 hash) to prove they haven't been tampered with.

Servers should run Punkbuster and stream to ACI/PBBans. However, not everyone knows how to do that, and not all hosts offer scripts by default.
    Steam: usdod14
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    I'll point out here that ACI is vulnerable to MITM attack or rogue servers. False information is easily injected, including falsified hashes, login records, or ban history.

Server security should depend on am effective a/c client, not paranoid admins and players hunting for linked accounts.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    Saccho wrote: »
    I'll point out here that ACI is vulnerable to MITM attack or rogue servers. False information is easily injected, including falsified hashes, login records, or ban history.

Server security should depend on am effective a/c client, not paranoid admins and players hunting for linked accounts.

Do you actually have 1 incident in the history of AA Brand where a MITM attack or rogue server was used to falsify hashes? Just wondering

Also since punkbuster is the only a/c client we have, ACI does a lot more good then harm.
    Every other option atm is wishful thinking
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited April 2016
    I like how they are an elitist group of people and were trying to force me into streaming on our match server. Let alone privacy aspects.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    No need to discuss ACI's "personal" preferences, either you use their service, or you dont, simple.
    And its highly unlikely that ACI streaming will be forced up on anyone.
    ss_4_frankof.png
    edited April 2016

Do you actually have 1 incident in the history of AA Brand where a MITM attack or rogue server was used to falsify hashes? Just wondering

Yes. A white hat sent info to them. For a very long while there were false records in the database. If I remember right, the white hat later issued a fake global PB ban on one of the admins when they didn't really respond. The ACI admins then removed the falsified info from their database, something they've said in the past would never ever be done.
    Also since punkbuster is the only a/c client we have, ACI does a lot more good then harm.
    Every other option atm is wishful thinking

Players can freely create accounts and VPNs are free or extremely cheap. Live protection is always better than hoping to find linked accounts.

ACI leads to players making accusations based on dynamic IPs, banning players that have a VAC ban from 8+ years ago, and a general sense of paranoia -- the attitude is very much one of "everybody cheats... or is, at very least, suspect".
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester
    ACI Does a fantastic job for a dedicated group of volunteers who have one goal in mind, help keep gaming clean!! They do the absolute best they can, it's also the server owner/admin's job to help in this process. IS it a perfect world? Nah, even target stores get hacked and have customers credit card info stolen.

You don't have to use ACI it is your choice.. I chose to use their help!!

End of story!!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

The truly good admins and workers were forced out. There is tons of backstabbing politics in ACI's recent history. Avoid ACI at all costs; there are alternatives with better track records and much, MUCH better communities and especially leaders. They don't deserve support.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player
    edited April 2016
    I remember seeing a video some months ago of a AAPG player in a server with an ACI admin. Apparently the admin was getting slaughtered by this particular player and said something to the extent of "you're banned." The player was immediately ACI banned simply for doing very well on a game.

EDIT: Found the video, it was a Punkbuster admin
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
    I remember seeing a video some months ago of a AAPG player in a server with an ACI admin. Apparently the admin was getting slaughtered by this particular player and said something to the extent of "you're banned." The player was immediately ACI banned simply for doing very well on a game.

Unless something else happened since, that was an EvenBalance staff member.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player

EDIT: Found the video, it was a Punkbuster admin

Was it by any chance Naver.ek getting banned? Because that was indeed a PB admin.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    The truly good admins and workers were forced out. There is tons of backstabbing politics in ACI's recent history. Avoid ACI at all costs; there are alternatives with better track records and much, MUCH better communities and especially leaders. They don't deserve support.

+1
    As a community they are pretty much dead due to their behaviour towards their members. Traffic on their site is almost zero compared to 2-3 years ago but birthday wishes are a very popular section in the forum.
    AAPG is good!
  • -=[USA]=-rubberboot-ACI--=[USA]=-rubberboot-ACI- Posts: 126Beta Tester
    Hi Dragon,

First off, that wasn't ACI that banned that person. that was someone with Even Balance, and it was not on a server that streamed to us. I do know the name of the individual that it happened to (I think there is a youtube video on too), but I am not going to post it due to TOS. Please don't cart blanche blame us for all bannings as it doesn't work that way. Hopefully that helps clear that up.

Hello everyone else,

As for the ability to inject a bad screenshot into the stream, yes an individual chose to do that to prove a point. We had contacted Even Balance to tell them about the hole, yet their stand is that server security is the owners responsibility. As the person involved in this event had server admin rights, he was able to inject the bad screen shot. Not exactly how I would have gone about it, but to each their own. Due to this event, our membership requirements changed significantly to the point that some of the people who had access to our site lost access to the tools and majority of our services. For the most part, we have gone to supporting server owners and their clans that have undergone background checks. If we come across an owner that wishes to hurt the integrity of the game and all the players who play it by injecting a bad screen shot, then he will be shown the door, and the ban overturned.

Nothing is perfect, except the religious deity you believe or don't believe in...

We are a free service, by people who volunteer there time for the games that they play and would like to see succeed. To actually state that we ban due to personal differences or due to "losing" in game is accuracy challenged. To state that "The truly good admins and workers were forced out" is not an accurate statement either, and quite offensive to this ACI Staff Member. I am glad that there is a high respect for former ACI staff members, yet statements that the current staff are not as committed to keeping games fair for all is just insulting. Please be aware that there is no requirement for Admin or Staff at ACI to coddle or pad anyones ego, so if the response that was received in a post or PM hurt some feelings, then maybe it is time to review why the response escalated outside of the realm of politeness... Just saying. As for attitude that ACI breeds "everyone cheats", do you think when a police officer pulls someone in for questioning that his/her attitude is not "he's guilty"? Same rule applies though, innocent until proven guilty. For any Anticheat Org, it is the same - PB violation or screenshot. If you think it is any different, then keep your head buried deep in the sand.

GGC, PBBans, and ACI are just tools to assist server owners in maintaining the server that they pay for. All 3 of these Anticheat Organizations are voluntary and you don't have to join any if you don't want to, yet each one has services that are there to help. I'm biased, obviously, but I think ACI provides the most support to AAPG, although you can't go wrong with any of them. This is the reason was why I agreed to step up and do what I can to assist the community as a whole, and contribute in a positive way. ACI has Livesecure, which is like a silent partner for all owners that subscribe. This means that if PB Kicks someone for an violation 51111 on a K!Dz server then the -[U|S|A]- ban list is already updated without requiring an input. As part of this service, is an option to kick for VAC bans. Should that owner chose not to play with someone with a VAC ban from 8 years ago, then that is their choice. It is a check box on a program. No different than selecting leather seats in a car instead of cloth - personal preference. No one is forcing them to click the box.

If you choose to belong in either PBBans or GGC community that's awesome. If you want to get involved in ACI you are more than welcome too as well. You will find a community that is dedicated in trying to keep the game fair to play.

Respectfully
    -=[USA]=-rubberboot-ACI-
    Proudly AntiCheat Inc.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    I think this is a good place to end this discussion. Further questions for ACI can be directed to their website.

It will always be up to the server admins to decide which additional security layers they want on their servers, we are not going to force someone to use ACI or PBBans or a similar service.

I just want to add that AAPG really appreciates the work ACI (and other 3rd party sites) put into the game. These are volunteer groups putting in hard work simply for the love of the game, let's not forget that.

The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

This discussion has been closed.