Publish doesnt update map?

Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
edited April 2016 in Mission Editor - Support
Anyone having an issue in which a publish results in a different map, or older version of your map, comes up when you check in Explore or in the editor (by viewing the umap from the workshop folder?)

I know it has accessed Steam because the preview image shows my latest changes!!!

This has happened twice recently, and it was so bad that someone giving me map feedback was seeing a map that I took off Steam! Pretty hard to discuss a map when one map has ten buildings and he's seeing a build with one structure in it!!!

I just published some changes to a map, and although Steam sent me back the typical update to my Content/203290 folder...it didn't update!

Anyone else seeing this?
______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    What I'm finding is that I have to, if necessary... unsubscribe, check and/or edit the ACF manifest, delete umaps, metadatas, folders in Workshop\Content\203290 and MyDocs\\MissionEditor\Saves\"mapFolder" and then it will publish with the changes made.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    have you an old published copy somewhere in your folders ? ,and made sure that you have separate folders for all maps in your save folder ?
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,473Player
    I found the same problem all I did to fix was save the work I had done to the map
    then close everything down including steam.
    Then I restarted editor and published map and it worked fine.
    Not sure if this will fix your problem but its worth a try.
    I do it this way all the time now.
    gKQ6BB2.png
    edited April 2016
    EDIT: Whooops, I was typing this while you were posting Delton, and didn't see your post...

----
    Ya...I've been watching this. Used to be the package you publish generated the metadata and ID, and as long as those two files were there you could do map version/work flow naming no problem. I'm wondering if the other map version files I save in the home folder of the map are now confusing the publish process.

So, if my new map is BDX_Hostile, stored in the \Hostile subdirectory of Saves, then there should be a file named "BDX_Hostile_C4.umap" and "hostile.metadata"

I've always numbered my workflow and then renamed to my proper package name only on publish. So, the folder might have hostile001, hostile002, etc in there and I keep notes of changes.

So on publish, I save hostile015A_blahBlah as BDX_Hostile_C4 and then publish and update.

This used to work on AllTerrain, etc....

Not anymore?
    ______

Delton, that shouldn't be necessary. Is this an editor bug, or a Steam issue, do you think?
    ______

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,473Player
    Not sure I used to do the fixes to my map and publish all was ok now I have to do this every time I make changes to my maps if I don't it publishes the old version.
    gKQ6BB2.png
    Okay. Well...at least I'm not going crazy. Like the Host A Server problems, I always wonder if I'M doing something wrong!
    ______