Optin 3 Lacking players

.dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
Its 6:00pm EST time and there is nobody playing on North American servers lol. Just 3 EURO servers. Going FLO 12v12 only probably wasn't the best idea. Where is everyone? lol
Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

Comments

• -PPaaxx--PPaaxx- Posts: 1,576Player
    edited May 2015
    Less and less join Opt-in, I don't why.
    I think it's interesting to see what future will bring and maybe be a part to participate and maybe change it.
    My original nick is -Ner0-
    It's now banned after the
    latest update.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I'd love to join in but I don't feel like downloading the opt-in just to play for a hour or so then have to re-download AAPG to play back the default Beta. Maybe this is why there is a lack of players, or a misunderstanding of what I understand about the opt-ins?
    googley avatar aapg

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    u dont have to redownload if you back up the game folder...Just copy the america's army folder in steam folder common/americasarmy/ and when your done with opt in...Opt out delete everything in the common folder from the optin. Move everything back from where you copied the current open beta and then install AAPG and it will verify the files and your good to go, no downloading needed.

• iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    memorial day weekend
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • =IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
    I opted-in, played each map, played with each gun, opted-out. There wasn't much of anything seriously wrong with it, either, so not much reason for extensive testing. Sound was better, gun play seemed better, the two new maps were fun to play around in but I have no experience with any kind of map design so I'm not much help there.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    memorial day weekend
    Ah I forgot about that because I am in Canada thanks ek, I had victoria day/long weekend last weekend :expressionless:

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    I'm guessing the Opt-ins are suffering from the same things the Open Beta suffered from: people expect a finished product and don't really want to take the time to help chip away at the problems by giving useful feedback. Once the novelty wore off, most people just want to play what they are used to.

In the time I've been playing AAPG, there have been nearly 60,000 changes made!!! (That number in the top left is the Changlog reference number as well as the Build number).

Can't say the Dev's haven't been busy. What you CAN say, is most people have no interest in software development.

:)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited May 2015
    i know for a fact the audio in the first opt in scared off a very large group of regular pubbers, and so they didn't even consider downloading the 2nd and 3rd opt-ins...
    -
    you can go into open beta pubs and ask them about the opt-in and they talk about it like omg no, contagious cooties.
    -
    indeed, they aren't interested in beta testing...

• SSKoVieSSKoVie Posts: 54Player
    i know for a fact the audio in the first opt in scared off a very large group of regular pubbers, and so they didn't even consider downloading the 2nd and 3rd opt-ins...
    -
    you can go into open beta pubs and ask them about the opt-in and they talk about it like omg no, contagious cooties.
    -
    indeed, they aren't interested in beta testing...

Personally I don't like the sound. That's the reason I'm not playing it.
    But I have nothing to add to what has been said on the forums about sound.

1306.png
    SSKoVie
    SHU wrote:
    It is our server, we pay for it. So if we think or want to ban, we do it, no need for explanation there are more then 400 other servers, go and have fun.
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    Just don't try to use the textchat, it will scarr you and make you not want to play.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I quit the opt-in mainly due to the sound but also because of the colors. Everything seems yellowish/brownish and dirty overall, might have been better with other monitor settings but didn't want to change them just for the opt-in.
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    edited May 2015
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I'm guessing the Opt-ins are suffering from the same things the Open Beta suffered from: people expect a finished product and don't really want to take the time to help chip away at the problems by giving useful feedback. Once the novelty wore off, most people just want to play what they are used to.

In the time I've been playing AAPG, there have been nearly 60,000 changes made!!! (That number in the top left is the Changlog reference number as well as the Build number).

Can't say the Dev's haven't been busy. What you CAN say, is most people have no interest in software development.

:)

People might be interested if there's potential and it goes in the right direction. I don't think most people were impressed by the new sound system after 2 years of a public beta... i played the first opt-in, didn't play the second one, and i downloaded the 3rd one to see what it was like but i only explored all the maps offline. The new maps are not interesting to me (they're also kind of small) and i think there are plenty of more interesting ones among the UMMs (not necessarily AA2 ports). The new "dirty" look is a bit over the top for me. Still, the game performs a lot better.

Derob6.jpg
  • t[F]s.ARTAQt[F]s.ARTAQ Posts: 46Player
    u dont have to redownload if you back up the game folder...Just copy the america's army folder in steam folder common/americasarmy/ and when your done with opt in...Opt out delete everything in the common folder from the optin. Move everything back from where you copied the current open beta and then install AAPG and it will verify the files and your good to go, no downloading needed.

great, thanx! i gotta tell this to other players.
  • -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 104Player
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    I quit the opt-in mainly due to the sound but also because of the colors. Everything seems yellowish/brownish and dirty overall, might have been better with other monitor settings but didn't want to change them just for the opt-in.

the yellow is absolutely disgusting. However you can change all the ingame friendly icons, killfeed, and scoreboard colors.

Type this command in the console

nameplatecolor 100 200 255

I have found that code above looks best. its kinda a soft blue

U could also try 100 200 300 which gives you a green.

Move the numbers around and find a color that works best
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    @devs, nameplatecolor 100 200 255 is great. light blue color. it should be the game's default color setting imo.
    -
    @-hyperlite.iog- , remember i told you 300 is an invalid value. if you input something over 255 then it just doesn't compute and just replaces the invalid value with a zero. so that puke green color is 100 200 0 (not 100 200 300).

• Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    Yeah I was trying to play yesterday only found 1 euro server and 1 NA server. Finally found a server and got some gaming in, couldn't get many points with hyper on my team, hoggggggg

• -=TPA=-Mikgau-=TPA=-Mikgau Posts: 19Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    I'd love to join in but I don't feel like downloading the opt-in just to play for a hour or so then have to re-download AAPG to play back the default Beta. Maybe this is why there is a lack of players, or a misunderstanding of what I understand about the opt-ins?

Exactly! I played it once, now I'm fine with waiting for the devs to fix stuff until the release
  • ProceduralPolyMathProceduralPolyMath Posts: 96Player
    The lack of players and the type of new maps made me revert back to main beta. I guess there's a snowballing effect...
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I'm thinking it's advisable to make the most of the op-ins while we can.. since they are a closer resemblance to what were going to end up getting pretty soon :)
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player
    Played the first and second but not the 3rd.
    My honest opinion is leave it to the beta testers they miss so much give them a chance to learn
    how to spot the obvious. It amazes me how they manage to miss so many bugs :p
    gKQ6BB2.png