Can't enable simulated munitions after opting out

=IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
tmha1No.png

This is what I get when I go to my settings to try and enable it. Can't enable/disable text, either. I've tried restarting the game, verifying file integrity through steam, etc. I was able to turn them on/off before opt-in and was able to do it while I was opted-in, but since opting out I can't.

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Had the same issue, after a couple of restarts it magically worked.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    It suspect it's the .ini files clashing between versions.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited May 2015
    I got a fix for this issue now that I did myself actually without really thinking about it. When getting back to normal version I also made a change to my HUD that I wanted to test in "explore offline" mode. In this mode you should be able to activate your simulated ammunition and after restarting your game it should work online as well.
  • =IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
    edited May 2015
    Still having this issue, have talked to a few others in game who are having the same issue.
    -
    Edit: Just now see Kill@'s fix..lemme go try that..
    -
    Edit2: This did indeed work, so big thanks to Kill@. With that said, the selector for it in the settings is still locked in online play, so not sure what's causing that, but all is well now that I have my paint back.

V8EXnXz.png
    edited May 2015
    Have you tried removing your config files? when the game is not running go to..

\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Config

Delete/remove the config folder from that location, then launch the game and it will make shiny new fresh ones.

I have a feeling this may work.

Delete/remove the config folder from that location, then launch the game and it will make shiny new fresh ones.

I don't have that folder in my documents anymore for some reason. Kill@'s fix did work, though it's still locked online in-game.
    -
    I have an Americas Army folder and an Americas Army 3 folder in My Documents, but no AAPG folder. This is what's inside the Americas Army folder:

rBufXFL.png
    edited May 2015
    That’s the wrong one, in Documents you should also have a folder called My Games.. in that folder will be America's Army Proving Grounds..

In that folder will be an 'AAGame' folder and inside that folder will be a 'Config' one, the 'Config' folder is the one you need to delete.

That’s the wrong one, in Documents you should also have a folder called My Games.. in that folder will be America's Army Proving Grounds..

In that folder will be an 'AAGame' folder and inside that folder will be a 'Config' one, Config is the one you need to delete.

I totally missed the "My Games" folder part...my mistake. Even more embarrassing considering I had to go through this process in trying to fix the first opt in not working for me.
    -
    Just tried this, still is locked(and all my other config settings reset/there's a new config folder so I know it redid it).

Bummer.. I thought that may have helped :(

Bummer.. I thought that may have helped :(

All is good. Killa's fix works to enable it which is all that matters. I'm sure the devs will get around to fixing whatever the issue may be in due time.
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited May 2015
    By the time you posted this topic had the same problem after a fresh install of the game,i enabled it in the server browser under settings,could not do it in game.Never played or installed the opt in.

wIKnHjfh.jpg
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited May 2015

that doesn't work.
    -
    as the opt in expired, steam automatically updated my files to the open beta version. first thing i noticed was i had this same bug as in OP's picture... i then (before coming here to look for a solution) completely uninstalled and deleted all files and folders. after reinstalling i still had this bug.
    -
    also, since i deleted my old files completely, i seem to have an issue where my ini file is missing a TON of settings. i am unable to change my framerate to 120 with framerate smoothing true, because that portion of the ini file is completely absent... until you go into offline mode???
    -
    i hope the devs fix this.
    -
    1. we shouldn't have to boot up offline mode to get core settings to function like this... why are these ini files not fully generated without having to go into offline mode???
    2. yes you can go into launcher settings and turn on the simulated munitions from there, but that is broken... we should not have a launcher menu hijacking the in-game settings menu... that little button on the launcher that opens up the game settings is completely missed by most players. just get rid of all that junk from the launcher and let the in game setting menu work as intended... right now this is broken.

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    Same here as OP after Opt-in 3. Never had that issue before. Can only enable when offline.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    Can't enable text chat after I disabled it in The Launcher. Text chat setting is 'on' in the online settings but chat has disappeared.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    After reinstall the game chat is ok. But in-game menu for Simulated Munitions and Text Chat are still unresponsive. Have to use Launcher Settings offline.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.