m24 Sniper hit reg bug

.shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
@devs, still seeing this bug in the opt-in.
-
m24 sniper fires bullets.. wonders why he isn't getting any kills... spectator says "hey bro your bullets aren't making any sounds. i see the recoil as spectator and bullet count going down but not making any noise... those are signs of m24 bullets not registering... you gotta reload or drop weapon to fix it i think.."
-
this bug has existed since the day the m24 was added to aapg. can the devs repeat and fix this bug?
-
@community, discuss. how many of you have witnessed this? what conditions is this happening? found any way to repeat it?
-
i can't recall what fixes it, either reloading or dropping weapon... i just know when i spectate a sniper with no gun sound i tell him asap his gun is bugged and he won't be hitting anything until he fixes it... you can unload an entire magazine and none of the bullets will make a sound or reg on target.
-
and yes. i'll bug report this again... i've seen it repeatedly for the last month or so since i came back to the game. including the opt-in.

Comments

• Yato^Yato^ Posts: 103Player
    edited May 2015
    There are 2 ways of fixing it when it occurs. Throw it on ground and pick it up, reload it, shoot once and reload again. is the easiest one. The other way is to take out another weapon, fire a shot and reload that. Then reload your sniper, shoot 1 shot and reload.

One way to tell if you're suffering from the bug when you're alive is to try reloading the sniper without doing the above, if the bullet count goes from to 11 and then bounces back to what you were on previously, you're bugged. So if you had 6 shots left, try to reload, it will quickly go from 6 to 11 to 6.

Now about recreating this bug, it's easy. It only occurs when you fire a shot at someone and die just before it registers. Once you get revived your m24 will be shooting hot air.

Everytime I die with the sniper in hand I reload it to make sure it works, hence I do encounter the bug but I dont suffer from it.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited May 2015
    if that's the case, and i assume you've all reported these details for reproduction in a proper bug report.... then why haven't the devs squashed this bug by now?

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    If someone knows about that bug it's pillow or some other ig. They didn't even discover the other weapons yet I think :p
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited May 2015
    after getting revived and notice that you are bugged /nothing dies what you shoot,switch to pistol shoot a couple switch back to m24 reload,good to go.

Death - getting revived triggers it,no matter if you had the sniper from the start of the round or you picked it up from the ground.

Never had the bug while beeing alive the whole round.While everyone else thought it's bad hit reg and missed shots i was the first to discover it a year ago /bug report it just nobody cares.
  • Yato^Yato^ Posts: 103Player
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    If someone knows about that bug it's pillow or some other ig. They didn't even discover the other weapons yet I think

at honor 29 I think I'd have found other weapons other than m24 if there were any.
  • Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    Wow I thought Killa's post to be a bit odd so I checked it out and had a laugh. Pillow has fired more shots and registered more hits with his single fire M24 than any other weapon.

Never seen that before lol, mental note made

• ProceduralPolyMathProceduralPolyMath Posts: 96Player
    edited May 2015
    I had issues where I would press fire and nothing happened. But not no sound. Not enough in the opt-in to figure if it was me or the game...
    Wow I thought Killa's post to be a bit odd so I checked it out and had a laugh. Pillow has fired more shots and registered more hits with his single fire M24 than any other weapon.

Never seen that before lol, mental note made

Macros on weapon selection time. Good luck picking up M24 with Pillow in your team.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    I had issues where I would press fire and nothing happened. But not no sound. Not enough in the opt-in to figure if it was me or the game..
    the "no sound" isn't experienced by the player affected by the bug. only someone spectating the bugged player gets the "no sound" evidence...

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Pillow has fired more shots and registered more hits with his single fire M24 than any other weapon.

That @-[iG]-Pillowpants guy.. hate being the recipient of his snipes. He's on my top 20 players to one day T-bag list, If I can ever get close enough :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• .Bull3tproof.Bull3tproof Posts: 1Player
    I feel the sniper rifle acts weird lots of times. Sometimes clear headshots have no effect. Torso hits dont take any HP off, etc. It also happens the other way around, when you "miss" the enemy (as in, cant get a good aim but what the heck I am gonna shoot anyway) you end up killing the dude. Sometimes makes me wanna pull my hair out..