How is the game about cheats?

2

Comments

  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    There had been a little bit of a surge in cheaters recently, but it was the obscenely obvious kind...No recoil, aimbot, even speedhacks. Things seem to have cooled down now, though.

    If I'm suspicious of someone, I might mention it to a level headed friend or two, but I try to avoid voicing anything else without real proof. If you're suspicious, spectate...If you're still suspicious, report, or get some smart friends to spectate. It's easy to do it right. Some people really are a lot better than you, or, heck, even lucky sometimes.
  • -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 151Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    In my perfect world every ban should be documented with screenshots and/or videos etc. and visible online to everyone. The banned player has the opportunity to see what he did (or did not) do wrong and other players get some insight on how that clan is handling the server. Admins at the same time can refer to it rather easily, it's a win - win in my eyes.

    +1 A few clans really need to think like this. I am not the greatest player when it comes to this game, but i have seen plenty of people unfairly banned just because of pure speculation.
    image
  • -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    There are not to many people that i have seen cheating in servers but i tend to stick to private servers not official as they are much better policed . There are plenty of servers like this you can play on in a legit enviroment . Dont listen to some people here, The reason they get removed is because the more mature player base of this community dont want to listen to their loud mouthed constant dribbling idiocy. It is not because admins think they cheat
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,608Beta Tester
    LOL
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    edited April 2016
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    I don't think the facebook group is a good place for everyone. After all I'm in it and there are no mild salsa warnings..
    What i heard of this fb group, the only thing what happens there is witchhunting

    Yeah, yeah, there is a lot of witchhunting. But at least its a way to keep up with the list of blatant ones that get past punkbuster no matter what (given that videos get posted at the very least).
    Derob6.jpg
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    -Flops- wrote: »
    There are not to many people that i have seen cheating in servers but i tend to stick to private servers not official as they are much better policed . There are plenty of servers like this you can play on in a legit enviroment . Dont listen to some people here, The reason they get removed is because the more mature player base of this community dont want to listen to their loud mouthed constant dribbling idiocy. It is not because admins think they cheat

    You shouldn't go around assuming stuff if you can't possibly have an idea about it, generalizing is always the wrong approach, just saying.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    -Flops- wrote: »
    There are not to many people that i have seen cheating in servers but i tend to stick to private servers not official as they are much better policed . There are plenty of servers like this you can play on in a legit enviroment . Dont listen to some people here, The reason they get removed is because the more mature player base of this community dont want to listen to their loud mouthed constant dribbling idiocy. It is not because admins think they cheat

    You shouldn't go around assuming stuff if you can't possibly have an idea about it, generalizing is always the wrong approach, just saying.

    and as if you do not generalize at all when talking about admins or fb groups ;)

  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    -Flops- wrote: »
    There are not to many people that i have seen cheating in servers but i tend to stick to private servers not official as they are much better policed . There are plenty of servers like this you can play on in a legit enviroment . Dont listen to some people here, The reason they get removed is because the more mature player base of this community dont want to listen to their loud mouthed constant dribbling idiocy. It is not because admins think they cheat

    You shouldn't go around assuming stuff if you can't possibly have an idea about it, generalizing is always the wrong approach, just saying.

    and as if you do not generalize at all when talking about admins or fb groups ;)

    Actually I don't. You are just focussing to much on me hating you which I'm also not but I don't think that belongs here.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    edited April 2016
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    -Flops- wrote: »
    There are not to many people that i have seen cheating in servers but i tend to stick to private servers not official as they are much better policed . There are plenty of servers like this you can play on in a legit enviroment . Dont listen to some people here, The reason they get removed is because the more mature player base of this community dont want to listen to their loud mouthed constant dribbling idiocy. It is not because admins think they cheat

    You shouldn't go around assuming stuff if you can't possibly have an idea about it, generalizing is always the wrong approach, just saying.

    and as if you do not generalize at all when talking about admins or fb groups ;)

    Actually I don't. You are just focussing to much on me hating you which I'm also not but I don't think that belongs here.

    actually you are the one who is talking about hate.. i didn't even mention anything.. its just when I read your comments I often see that you do not follow your own advise.. specially in generalizing things.

    Lets take the recent argument for instance. you claim that flops is generalizing the bad behavior some "good or better" players show on private servers. I can only second that cos the number of bad behaving ppl getting banned on our servers are far more than the ones are banned for alleged cheats.
    Yet you with your very little experience as server admin (compared to mine) claim otherwise calling most admins decisions as bad.

    Hence my reply to you :)
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    -Flops- wrote: »
    There are not to many people that i have seen cheating in servers but i tend to stick to private servers not official as they are much better policed . There are plenty of servers like this you can play on in a legit enviroment . Dont listen to some people here, The reason they get removed is because the more mature player base of this community dont want to listen to their loud mouthed constant dribbling idiocy. It is not because admins think they cheat

    You shouldn't go around assuming stuff if you can't possibly have an idea about it, generalizing is always the wrong approach, just saying.

    +1 .. nice try Flops
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited April 2016
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    -Flops- wrote: »
    There are not to many people that i have seen cheating in servers but i tend to stick to private servers not official as they are much better policed . There are plenty of servers like this you can play on in a legit enviroment . Dont listen to some people here, The reason they get removed is because the more mature player base of this community dont want to listen to their loud mouthed constant dribbling idiocy. It is not because admins think they cheat

    You shouldn't go around assuming stuff if you can't possibly have an idea about it, generalizing is always the wrong approach, just saying.

    and as if you do not generalize at all when talking about admins or fb groups ;)

    Actually I don't. You are just focussing to much on me hating you which I'm also not but I don't think that belongs here.

    actually you are the one who is talking about hate.. i didn't even mention anything.. its just when I read your comments I often see that you do not follow your own advise.. specially in generalizing things.

    Lets take the recent argument for instance. you claim that flops is generalizing the bad behavior some "good or better" players show on private servers. I can only second that cos the number of bad behaving ppl getting banned on our servers are far more than the ones are banned for alleged cheats.
    Yet you with your very little experience as server admin (compared to mine) claim otherwise calling most admins decisions as bad.

    Hence my reply to you :)

    Yeah, whatever your personal feelings about me are, not gonna argue that, it's boring.

    Did I deny there are good players being disrespectful and arrogant? I don't think so. A lot of that is just anger because of admins not doing their jobs properly anyway. I don't really see how I would need experience AS server admin to claim that most admins are bad, I feel like having experience WITH server admins should be good enough for that, I've had plenty of that and it's not looking good for you guys. I've even said multiple times that you are not the worst of the worst admins, I even said it in this thread that you have been the only admin taking your time for me and providing a solid reason that actually makes sense. Just unlucky you made the wrong call, no hard feelings against you personally. I don't know what it is that you have to try and critize everything I do but to me it seems like you are taking things way too personal.

    I don't think it's fair to have players come in here sharing opinions on how servers should be run just to have some random guy coming in saying "oh well, don't listen to these kids, they just can't behave so they get banned. They are just delusional thinking it was because they are super skilled".
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    A lot of that is just anger because of admins not doing their jobs properly anyway..

    I stopped reading here.. because nothing more needs to be said!

    Funny how badmins can ruin our game then blame us for being disrespectful.. lawl
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • ^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^ Posts: 768Player
    Flops never got banned so he thinks its about respect and not skill, for some reason he might think himself as a super high skilled player.

    Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    -Flops- wrote: »
    There are not to many people that i have seen cheating in servers but i tend to stick to private servers not official as they are much better policed . There are plenty of servers like this you can play on in a legit enviroment . Dont listen to some people here, The reason they get removed is because the more mature player base of this community dont want to listen to their loud mouthed constant dribbling idiocy. It is not because admins think they cheat

    You shouldn't go around assuming stuff if you can't possibly have an idea about it, generalizing is always the wrong approach, just saying.

    and as if you do not generalize at all when talking about admins or fb groups ;)

    Actually I don't. You are just focussing to much on me hating you which I'm also not but I don't think that belongs here.

    actually you are the one who is talking about hate.. i didn't even mention anything.. its just when I read your comments I often see that you do not follow your own advise.. specially in generalizing things.

    Lets take the recent argument for instance. you claim that flops is generalizing the bad behavior some "good or better" players show on private servers. I can only second that cos the number of bad behaving ppl getting banned on our servers are far more than the ones are banned for alleged cheats.
    Yet you with your very little experience as server admin (compared to mine) claim otherwise calling most admins decisions as bad.

    Hence my reply to you :)

    Yeah, whatever your personal feelings about me are, not gonna argue that, it's boring.

    Did I deny there are good players being disrespectful and arrogant? I don't think so. A lot of that is just anger because of admins not doing their jobs properly anyway. I don't really see how I would need experience AS server admin to claim that most admins are bad, I feel like having experience WITH server admins should be good enough for that, I've had plenty of that and it's not looking good for you guys. I've even said multiple times that you are not the worst of the worst admins, I even said it in this thread that you have been the only admin taking your time for me and providing a solid reason that actually makes sense. Just unlucky you made the wrong call, not hard feelings against you personally. I don't know what it is that you have to try and critize everything I do but to me it seems like you are taking things way to personal.

    I don't think it's fair to have players come in here sharing opinions on how servers should be run just to have some random guy coming in saying "oh well, don't listen to these kids, they just can't behave so they get banned. They are just delusional thinking it was because they are super skilled".

    I did not bring a singular personal argument against you rearding our past or encounter. I also know who you mean when you talk about 1 solid reason earlier. So my argument is not because of personal reasons as you suspect necabo. I am just stating the fact how some so called pro players come and talk about server admins in general. I also do not really care about this or that pro players thoughts or feelings how I personally run our servers.

    The fact is, the majority of ppl posting here (from the comp scene that is) always bluntly attack and accuse server admins as being bad and what not. Yet when a server admin or a player who has a different experience with the community and the game shows up and argues otherwise, suddenly he is the one who generalizing or has no idea what he is talking about.

    And your experience with server admins is a special case as you know in EU so I wouldn't reflect this as general experience. But my argument was this, since you claim to be banned on most private servers, I do not understand how you can offer your opinion about how the other players behave on private servers. I can offer that opinion from the perspective of a server admin who does the job on daily basis. Fighting against kids who troll, tk, insult ppl, brake server rules, insult admins when they get warned, insult ppl when majority votes a map they do not wanna play, etc etc. I also kick daily ppl out of server for calling ppl cheators on public chat and voip. So the story has 2 sides to be told.

    I am also not denying there are bad admins who decide to kick/ban players just because they play better than them. But my experience is this, far more good players with faul mouth get kicked or banned from private servers than the ones who actually get accused of cheats.
    Now you can argue, as DOBA does, that the bad mouthing wasn't there in the first place or the anger came because of the accusations (this would be most likely chicken and egg question). In my experience this was the other way around. And some servers like ours stay popular, because its a mature environment, without insults or excessive trash talk (that some call fun) and any player who likes to play in such environment is welcome including the so called top players. And as you are very well aware over 95% of EU comp players are not banned on our servers. And less than 1% is actually banned due to cheats or linked accounts.

    About the number of cheaters. There is no denying that there is surge of cheaters lately (and I am not talking about the ones that are hard to catch) as you can see how many ppl are getting caught daily on 3 servers alone in EU. Since you know a bit about statistics, just think of the ones that we miss (since the server is never under surveillance 24/7)

  • -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    7.Arkeiro wrote: »
    Flops never got banned so he thinks its about respect and not skill, for some reason he might think himself as a super high skilled player.

    Actually i dont think im this " super high skilled " player at all , i have never once said that anywhere , i was simply referring to certain people who say they are banned because they " think" they can shoot when that really wasnt the case at all . it is because they act the same way in the server that you can see them behaving here in the forums . Then you have some dumb dumb telling me i should not go assuming stuff . then assumes that i have no idea , ermm....Enough said .
  • -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    edited April 2016

    Lets take the recent argument for instance. you claim that flops is generalizing the bad behavior some "good or better" players show on private servers. I can only second that cos the number of bad behaving ppl getting banned on our servers are far more than the ones are banned for alleged cheats.
    Yet you with your very little experience as server admin (compared to mine) claim otherwise calling most admins decisions as bad.

    Hence my reply to you :)

    +1

    Its funny how the actual server owners and admins are telling the OP the real reason people are banned yet there is still people in here claiming its because of skill . Time to wake up.

  • ^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^ Posts: 768Player
    -Flops- wrote: »

    Lets take the recent argument for instance. you claim that flops is generalizing the bad behavior some "good or better" players show on private servers. I can only second that cos the number of bad behaving ppl getting banned on our servers are far more than the ones are banned for alleged cheats.
    Yet you with your very little experience as server admin (compared to mine) claim otherwise calling most admins decisions as bad.

    Hence my reply to you :)

    +1

    Its funny how the actual server owners and admins are telling the OP the real reason people are banned yet there is still people in here claiming its because of skill . Time to wake up.

    Exactly you never got banned and are either an admin, so wh ykeep opening your mouth about something you don't know. If im telling you what happend to me why you saying otherwise? I'm not the one spreading wrong info here...

    Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Scenario I've often seen:

    > Player accused of cheesery by non-admin
    > Accused player starts insulting non-admin and causing a scene
    > Admin bans the player being offensive over global TS
    > Accused player assumes admin banned because of cheese, not because they were a foul-mouthed jerk making the game worse for others

    Was it correlated with being called a cheeser? Yeah, but it wasn't really the cause.

    I'm not saying innocents are never banned for the wrong reasons, but it's definitely true that the above case also happens.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,608Beta Tester
    When I was younger, which was a LOOOONG time ago, parents used to throw the kids into the playpen, which was basically a small wooden-barred corral with toys in it, or maybe a blanket. Wasn't really a good place for a time out 'cause the kids would just immerse themselves in play. Nope. For time outs, you'd sit in the corner with your nose an inch from the wall, not making a sound, for an LONG time, and if you made a peep, you might end up getting a good whipping on top of it all. Heck, back then kids even knew what it was like to scrape solid chunks of soap off the back of their teeth if they said something they shouldn't... which of course would be preferable to the whipping. That was called "getting your mouth washed out with soap." It was surprising how many clean-mouthed, respectful children there were compared to the few troublemakers who always sat at the back of the class going nowhere in school. Now, I'm not admitting one way or another whether I know anything about anything, but I suppose I've been around the block. It would be interesting to debate whether our kinder, friendlier society has actually bettered what came before. Back then, you take the play pen you're given and keep your mouth zipped!

    ** This blast from the past is brought to you by Hey I Should Get Out Of Bed And Do Something With My Day laundry and hygiene products, Walla Walla, Washington **

    :p
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    -Flops- wrote: »
    There are not to many people that i have seen cheating in servers but i tend to stick to private servers not official as they are much better policed . There are plenty of servers like this you can play on in a legit enviroment . Dont listen to some people here, The reason they get removed is because the more mature player base of this community dont want to listen to their loud mouthed constant dribbling idiocy. It is not because admins think they cheat

    You shouldn't go around assuming stuff if you can't possibly have an idea about it, generalizing is always the wrong approach, just saying.

    and as if you do not generalize at all when talking about admins or fb groups ;)

    Actually I don't. You are just focussing to much on me hating you which I'm also not but I don't think that belongs here.

    actually you are the one who is talking about hate.. i didn't even mention anything.. its just when I read your comments I often see that you do not follow your own advise.. specially in generalizing things.

    Lets take the recent argument for instance. you claim that flops is generalizing the bad behavior some "good or better" players show on private servers. I can only second that cos the number of bad behaving ppl getting banned on our servers are far more than the ones are banned for alleged cheats.
    Yet you with your very little experience as server admin (compared to mine) claim otherwise calling most admins decisions as bad.

    Hence my reply to you :)

    Yeah, whatever your personal feelings about me are, not gonna argue that, it's boring.

    Did I deny there are good players being disrespectful and arrogant? I don't think so. A lot of that is just anger because of admins not doing their jobs properly anyway. I don't really see how I would need experience AS server admin to claim that most admins are bad, I feel like having experience WITH server admins should be good enough for that, I've had plenty of that and it's not looking good for you guys. I've even said multiple times that you are not the worst of the worst admins, I even said it in this thread that you have been the only admin taking your time for me and providing a solid reason that actually makes sense. Just unlucky you made the wrong call, not hard feelings against you personally. I don't know what it is that you have to try and critize everything I do but to me it seems like you are taking things way to personal.

    I don't think it's fair to have players come in here sharing opinions on how servers should be run just to have some random guy coming in saying "oh well, don't listen to these kids, they just can't behave so they get banned. They are just delusional thinking it was because they are super skilled".

    I did not bring a singular personal argument against you rearding our past or encounter. I also know who you mean when you talk about 1 solid reason earlier. So my argument is not because of personal reasons as you suspect necabo. I am just stating the fact how some so called pro players come and talk about server admins in general. I also do not really care about this or that pro players thoughts or feelings how I personally run our servers.

    The fact is, the majority of ppl posting here (from the comp scene that is) always bluntly attack and accuse server admins as being bad and what not. Yet when a server admin or a player who has a different experience with the community and the game shows up and argues otherwise, suddenly he is the one who generalizing or has no idea what he is talking about.

    And your experience with server admins is a special case as you know in EU so I wouldn't reflect this as general experience. But my argument was this, since you claim to be banned on most private servers, I do not understand how you can offer your opinion about how the other players behave on private servers. I can offer that opinion from the perspective of a server admin who does the job on daily basis. Fighting against kids who troll, tk, insult ppl, brake server rules, insult admins when they get warned, insult ppl when majority votes a map they do not wanna play, etc etc. I also kick daily ppl out of server for calling ppl cheators on public chat and voip. So the story has 2 sides to be told.

    I am also not denying there are bad admins who decide to kick/ban players just because they play better than them. But my experience is this, far more good players with faul mouth get kicked or banned from private servers than the ones who actually get accused of cheats.
    Now you can argue, as DOBA does, that the bad mouthing wasn't there in the first place or the anger came because of the accusations (this would be most likely chicken and egg question). In my experience this was the other way around. And some servers like ours stay popular, because its a mature environment, without insults or excessive trash talk (that some call fun) and any player who likes to play in such environment is welcome including the so called top players. And as you are very well aware over 95% of EU comp players are not banned on our servers. And less than 1% is actually banned due to cheats or linked accounts.

    About the number of cheaters. There is no denying that there is surge of cheaters lately (and I am not talking about the ones that are hard to catch) as you can see how many ppl are getting caught daily on 3 servers alone in EU. Since you know a bit about statistics, just think of the ones that we miss (since the server is never under surveillance 24/7)

    "Some so called pro players" sure, not denying it. I'm just saying it's unfair to just come in here trying to defame all of them, it's the same with admins. You see, we have the same intentions here. I mean did you see one of those "pro players" coming in here claiming to be the "more mature part of the community", that is just ridiculous.

    I can't really stand in for others on this but I know how I myself behave on servers and I don't need anyone to come in to spread lies about me. The one time I played with DOBA he didn't say a single word, same for the times I played with Arkeiro, yet they keep getting banned. It's not about different experience here, it's about sharing them in a respectful manner. Claiming to be more mature seems immature to me.

    I still don't get how my experience would be a special case and why it shouldn't count. I didn't offer my opinion about players, I'm talking about admins. I don't deny some players don't behave but I can assure you that this isn't all the "pro players". Again you talk about your server, I respect you kicking people for accusations and you actually warned a guy who was accusing me but this is not about your server at all, it's about my experience with MOST admins.

    Well, tough topic but most people don't realize that kicking and banning people can hurt their feelings. Yes, those tough comp player guys are actually human beings and being kicked a lot is frustrating and you can and probably will get angry about it. I can only speak for myself and I have to admit that it took me some willpower a couple of times to not just insult people. We don't need to talk about popular=good administration again, I already showed you a server higher rated than yours that is just banning everyone playing above average.

    That's what I said in my post. It was great in terms of cheaters a year ago (his reference point) and it increased (thank god with the super obvious kind of cheaters only).
This discussion has been closed.