WIP - BDX_Hostile_C4

Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
edited April 2016 in Mission Editor
On Steam in ALPHA stage of development at
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=664306947

BDX_Hostile_C4 will force the Army to get through locally hostile territory to disable a Czervo SAM site that's been operating on one of the taller buildings in the area. Working up the building, which may be hostile controlled, will be a challenge.

:)

BDX_Hostile_C4
MiQKiqU.jpg

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.

Comments

• ModtoolsModtools Posts: 282Player
    sounds interesting :-)
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    edited April 2016
    Since I have no clue how to BSP, I'm roughing in "Hostile" using meshes. Besides, I can move them around easier. I've been really liking the AA2 look and feel, so eventually, this will be a walled village with a mix of old and new buildings, with walled courtyards and a market, and junk and laundry and ..... if I could have dogs and chickens, they'd be in there!

Anyway. Since the Czervo's have taken up shop too near to the civvies in the village, an airstrike on this facility is a no go. Your team will have to fight your way in and disable the SAM launcher.

Try and squint....it ain't done yet....these buildings are just to test the layout.

WdFR3Ya.jpg
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    Till its published all name are up for grabs :expressionless: (im kidding before you blow a valve)
    Honestly, Flops, I'm not fool enough to take this THAT seriously! :D

Welcome to BDX_MyLittlePony_RB.umap

(* Rainbow objective)
    ______

Keebler750 wrote: »
    Honestly, Flops, I'm not fool enough to take this THAT seriously! :D

Welcome to BDX_MyLittlePony_RB.umap

(* Rainbow objective)

i know your not , but there certainly are some people on these forums who would lol
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    yeah , map names a [TOS Violation] was doing a night raid , doh someone published 1st
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,159Beta Tester
    My next map, flo_blowavalve. umap and not an employee. :p
    lol something amuses me about flo_blowavalve
    edited April 2016
    Having crazy probs with publish, but anyway....the rough in is complete for now, and it's on to testing routes and timings. All of this stuff is a place holder for custom buildings later. Still needs market and fences and clutter and stuff after the gameplay gets ironed out.

On Steam in ALPHA stage at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=664306947

MiQKiqU.jpg
    ______

Keebs, If I may suggest..... Change your terrain elevation, it looks and feels too flat from the picture.
    Well....YA....It's just in mock up.... :)

Regardless of what it looks like right now, this might end up being the older outskirts of a port city on an ocean where the Czervos decided to commandeer a taller building for their threat detection and mitigation. Who knows?

Yes, I have great plans for this, but I learned my lesson on AllTerrain. I got WAY too far into it before testing the gameplay. Typical newb!

Thanks, though. I agree. I just wish I could figure out how to have goats and chickens wandering around!
    ______

Hit up lobo or Flops on the Chickens and goats. Being a CUBS fan I hate the word goat...lol. Anyways if all fails you can have dancing skeletons..lol
    ...that skeleton terrorist ventriloquist puppet maybe!!! What's his name again? Achmed?
    ______

lol yeah. Have you played lobo's Catacombs map? He's go dancing skeletons in that [TOS Violation] thing..lol
    That night time AA2 or 3 map with the one skeleton caused me serious bowel evacuating difficulties one evening when I was exploring the map offline!!!!
    ______

This map is heavily in process. Doesn't even look like the pics above. This stuff ain't easy!!! :o

I'm working on a concept I call "hostile territory" in which the defense spawns BETWEEN Assault and the Objective. They both have to fight their way through the same routes, chokes and alternates, so it ought to be a slugfest. I didn't want defense to just take the building and lock it down. Might not work, but I'm trying. While typing this just now, I was thinking how Defense can get well ahead of the obj on Downtown.

Anyway, the latest version on Steam is quite a few versions behind right now. Trying to tighten the map up.

I've pretty much backed off on any useful detail while I move stuff around. Once routes are close, I'll get more serious about adding stuff.

Hey, I learned how to load MICs into Decal Actors! Wooo!
    ______

I would really appreciate somebody hammering on this map and picking apart the chokes and routes. My most un-favourite areas are still just blocked in while I figure them out.

Map now has two C4 locations and .... secret tunnels....oooooooh!

KDdzWa4.jpg
    ______

Hey, it's not just you guys that have all the fun....

Still have A LOT of work to get everything proper, but it's a start. I think I like Kismet....! :o

dvNwtbA.jpg
    ______

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Really impressed with how far you have come with the map editor :+1:
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

Thanks, man. I really appreciate that! The art stuff is way easier than the gameplay though. I'm still a little baffled. :(

It's really hard to coordinate enough play tests to design it properly.
    ______