All of the AA2 maps

Comments

• ELiZ_SwedenELiZ_Sweden Posts: 32Player
    Here is a update with some screens from the map called SF Courtyard.
    1zg7omd.jpg

2mp0mxx.jpg

2mgl195.jpg
  • ModtoolsModtools Posts: 282Player
    nice ELiZ,
    looks great.
    Hope we can play if you have released the maps :awesome:

I completed porting Airfield now :-)

Keep hanging on :+1: :+1: :+1: HOOOOOOOAAAHHHH
    Gz Modtools

I felt a bit of my soul dying when I ported Airfield myself, it's a such a ugly map, and the Assets/Content is really messed up as well. But I'm really glad you are doing the AA3 Maps.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    That makes me WEEP! I know pretty much nothing about making maps. I'll never get enough knowledge to do that . . the limits (and ravages) of time!

Beautiful work, Eliz!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • GoA]z!o[N]cya[GoA]z!o[N]cya[ Posts: 109Player
    edited April 2016
    Nice Eliz. SF Cortyard Good old memory's I wonder if you got the original "objects style" working? :'D I's sad that we lack doorbreachers... maybe we could use the shotgun or the bomb for a workaround? Would be so funny blasting the whole room away open more than the little door. ... hehe
    Did i spot some normalmaps on the pictures? I'm doing the same for steamroller. Hard to be limited to dx9.... normals only are pretty hard to do them "right" and/or noticeable.
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    please continue, I would love to see some of these maps put into competition to be honest, I feel a lot of these could play very well in it, and give more maps in general for it. Looks good though man
    Ye's I've added Normal maps to all materials.
    Some of them just looks silly, or plain wrong, so I will clean up those before the final release.
    But they add another level of detail that makes the material look more real.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 733Player
    <3
    I've now set my deadline date for the first public version.
    It will be downloadable in 4 weeks, the 13:th of May.
    Hope the fact that is a Friday the Thirteen will not jinx the release.

The first version will be far from perfect, but you will be able to spawn on all maps, and there will be some kind of objective on the map. Other than that there will be a ton of errors.

Hopefully I will be able to do a limited private test to test the spawns/objectives.
  • =[101st]=Wolverine=[101st]=Wolverine Posts: 1,169Beta Tester
    My advice would be, put a small group together for testing them before release. Try and get as much done as possible before releasing them with bugs. That was one of the biggest reason why some of them didn't get played. And people did want to play them, but they were broke!

I'm sure people would love to volunteer to help with the AA2 map testing.
    CAN I JOIN THE GROUP :-)

For The Record - i finally finished AIRFIELD

http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/4910/airfield-aa3-port-incoming-t-h-and-extract-versions#latest
    LINK UP TO DATE

Gz Modtools
  • -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    edited April 2016
    My advice would be, put a small group together for testing them before release. Try and get as much done as possible before releasing them with bugs. That was one of the biggest reason why some of them didn't get played. And people did want to play them, but they were broke!

I'm sure people would love to volunteer to help with the AA2 map testing.

i agree with this 100%, releasing something with a ton of errors is just hurting your work and the game . When did racing to be the first to release maps become a higher priority then releasing a nice polished playable map, for a long time now the maps that have been coming have been awesome with only minor errors , Lets not start stepping backwards
    You guys are miss understanding, when I speak of public release, it only means that anyone that wants download the files and try them out will be able to do it. I want to get it out there as soon as possible to be able to get feedback as soon as possible. There is no need to get the content perfect before release of fear that it will push away players, the AA2 crowd, past and present will still be loyal.

My goal with the convert of all the maps is to safeguard the legacy of the older version(s) of this game.
    :+1: :+1: :+1:
    I actually managed myself to add a sound today. I've been grinding away on fixing up lightmaps UV's in 3DS Max. I've also added all the doors to all the maps. I've started adding spawns and objectives as well. 13:th of May is still the date to wait for,
  • GoA]z!o[N]cya[GoA]z!o[N]cya[ Posts: 109Player
    edited April 2016
    I actually managed myself to add a sound today. I've been grinding away on fixing up lightmaps UV's in 3DS Max. I've also added all the doors to all the maps. I've started adding spawns and objectives as well. 13:th of May is still the date to wait for,

Is this practically doable with 3ds Max? I tried every automatic or semi-automatic way with blender and some other tools but the resulting lightmaps uv's were even worser than before.
    I taught the only solution would be to manually edit every "broken" seem.
    ELiZ it s kinda annoying-.- i know the UV and Soundproblem.
    The UV's will be editable over the ingame staticmesh settings there is a generator
    The new soundsystem messed up some nice soundmechanics from the old ones.

Gz Modtools
    I've though several times that I would post a video of me fixing up the secondary uv map in 3DS max. Not just to show how I do it, but also a verification from others that I do it right.
    I think I will post a video this weekend of my pipeline when it comes to ligtmap UV's.

About the sounds, will I be able to use the Sounds Waves, Sound Cues and Ambient sounds of the AA2 Sounds, or did the implantation of the new sound system break something, if you are using 100% custom sounds.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    edited April 2016
    custom sounds ,don't seem to work as they used to
    Here is a video where I add a second set of uv's that will be used for the lightmaps. It's a simple object, and I was able to make the object in the default 32 resolution
    I'll admit that I'm not really an expert.