Pause

iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
You guys dow to ask for a working PAUSE button where it freezes everyone in place? We can set timer in the ini?

I feel like pauses would be great to ice a team on a winning round streak or to figureout what is going wrong. 1 per side. and even if a pause is voted middle of the roud it only kicks in when players are behind the barriers of a new round
Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.

Comments

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    you looking for a time out.. maybe a coaches challenge too with video replay on hit reg :expressionless:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Nah for real we need a Pause future desperately.

- If player drops in the middle of a match you can pause the round time/entire match from moving forward until that player gets back into the game. (Instead of how it is currently the match continues going forward and then you gotta keep score now and when the match ends you got to restart the map to finish the match out - a pause feature would prevent annoying things like this as well as save everyone a lot of time)
    - You would then also be able to pause the match to bring in substitutions.

Pause can come in handy for many different situations. It is something that is definitely needed to have a successful competitive side for the game.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Will investigate how big of a deal with will be to add.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I guess the flag bug with the current pause is still in the game?
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    why not just a function to discard the round and resume match without effecting scores and restarting the same round?
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    why not just a function to discard the round and resume match without effecting scores and restarting the same round?

This is a good solution as well, but I think timing out a match has other beneficial sides to it.
    When we INV were getting murdered on by DC I wish I could've voted a single time out to compose ourselves and work out the kinks we couldn't. This could be used to ice DC from a huge momentum causing them to lose few rounds because they cooled off. It can be used for regrouping as i mentioned. Then there's the opbvious stuff. players lagging, players dropping and so on.

The best pause solution would one like csgo. We know AAPG can be modded.

So adding commands such as = .pause or !pause would allow us to time out the game for NEXT round. IF a player dropped mid round, we can then use !discard to restart that one round over. Because we do not have to deal with economy this should be a pretty straight forward addition.

However a pause cannot pause mid round. If a player is lagging, well that round counts, this would depends on league rules.

Discarding would allow us to do pistol rounds as well.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
  • iDK.ArkeiroiDK.Arkeiro Posts: 775Player
    They will look into it...

Over 2k Golden Hawkeyes.
    edited April 2016
    Yes discarding would be good too. Over on the N/A side we have started doing pistol only round for side choice in the beginning (which has been rather fun so far) then restarting the match to get 0-0 score. Would be nice to just discard the round and start match at 0-0 with a command. Good idea rokis.

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 733Player
    Comp mode in game complete with a user interface.

-Option to toggle support (svr admin)
    -Customize/restrict load outs (svr admin)
    -etc

Players have the ability to select "Captain" or "Co-Captian" roles.

Captain and Co-Captain:
    -Ability to "PAUSE" once/twice per match, before a new round (decided by svr admin in UI)
    edited April 2016
    Restart match vote, or admin restart already takes care of the discard feature request for now when it comes to a warmup/pistol round. If a player drops mid round, he's dead...no need to discard that round. The pause feature to wait for him to reconnect is more useful in this case.

Maybe a feature to restart the match to 0-0 w/o reloading the map can be implemented in the future, but it should be considered low on the totem pole of comp requests at the moment (IMHO)
    edited April 2016
    doogle! wrote: »
    Restart match vote, or admin restart already takes care of the discard feature request for now when it comes to a warmup/pistol round. If a player drops mid round, he's dead...no need to discard that round. The pause feature to wait for him to reconnect is more useful in this case.

Maybe a feature to restart the match to 0-0 w/o reloading the map can be implemented in the future, but it should be considered low on the totem pole of comp requests at the moment (IMHO)

discard feature is not just for when someone drops mid round. It would be most used after a pistol only round for side choice. Would come in handy if a player drops a both teams agree to discard round. (Would obviously depend on at what point in the round - but most of the time its beginning of round player will be idle and you will know hes crashed then you would ask for discard round and vola start back where you were before player crashed instead of restarting the match which can be very time consuming and then you have to keep track of score and make sure you switch sides at the proper time. FGNLeague also has stats which I have to manually enter for each player in each match they play. Going through and getting all the screenshots for the matches if its been restarted is a huge pain.

Its been almost 3 years, good enough for now is 3 yrs old... Lets get the necessary stuff in now so when new players come to play the game or try comp its already there. The devs have been doing a great job with this lately slowly giving us great server side settings with each new patch to better support the competitive aspect of this game. I know maps like spring street, breach, harbor assault, etc... are already so much better and more skillful with no supported fire being in them.

A discard round feature is more important than one might think. It's all about whether or not the devs have time at this moment for it or not. But I would definitely not throw it off the table. I would definitely keep it in a list of things to do in near feature.

Never said throw it off the table, but in no way should it be any of the next few features added for comp mode. Discard round after pistol round is achieved just as well with the existing restart match command. The only benefit to a discard round feature right now is when a team calls for a dead round, and then we're forced to keep track of rounds manually.

It took 3 years to get to this point. Judging by the snails pace we've seen changes occur, I'd hope they wouldn't waste their time implementing such a feature when there's a plethora of other good ideas that should take precedence.

On a separate note, if leagues try to enforce a "discarded" round when a player disconnects, say anything beyond the first 10 seconds, you're going to see some abuse. Gone are the days of dial-up and frequent crashing. Connections in 2016 are stable enough to enforce this. Player D/C's after 10 seconds (or first death of the match), and he's considered dead.

Separate separate note, the no supported feature is good mostly because we no longer have the jacked up animations. I'm going to rattle the chains a bit and venture to say some of those who championed adding this feature wanted it implemented because if they supported, their macros would pull their mouse down/left when it didn't need to be. ;)

TLDR: pause > discard
    iNv|roKis wrote: »
    You guys dow to ask for a working PAUSE button where it freezes everyone in place? We can set timer in the ini?

I feel like pauses would be great to ice a team on a winning round streak or to figureout what is going wrong. 1 per side. and even if a pause is voted middle of the roud it only kicks in when players are behind the barriers of a new round

Or maybe a "Half Time" for comp mode with a 3-5 minute wait...and players can "ready up" to begin the next half if they choose to skip the remaining time during half time.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    edited April 2016
    doogle! wrote: »
    iNv|roKis wrote: »

Or maybe a "Half Time" for comp mode with a 3-5 minute wait...and players can "ready up" to begin the next half if they choose to skip the remaining time during half time.

Half time for comp can already be arranged by server setting as below for 3mins
    SwapRoundDelay=180

There is also a game pause mode already in admin panel for cases like waiting for a dropped player to connect.
    The problem is the missing restart of the round function. Even if you wait for the player, after pause you need to play the running round to the end for the player to join match next round. And score needs to be followed manually plus you need to restart the match to play the missing round.

Discard round option is IMO the most important missing function for match management currently.

I would also like to see customize load outs option, which would be great even for the pub game play.
    Alright, you've changed my mind. The team can just continue to call a dead round until there player returns, which makes the discard round option just as functional as a (between round) pause function.

Also, completely forgot about the side swap timer.
  • n1]CeparSo^n1]CeparSo^ Posts: 60Player
    edited April 2016
    would be definitely be a fan of that feature!!!!