Game Update Notes (31 MAR 2016)

Comments

• [B.O.B.]MatusPL[B.O.B.]MatusPL Posts: 7Player
    JoGary wrote: »
    Any port you want I believe. Should update clients automatically. it explained in the change list :awesome:

HMMM, I can't see any section in Game.ini responsible for teamspeak, can't find any tutorial on how to configure this...
    devs are making good job only for people being familiar with game development as they are not issuing manuals...
  • ^AWA^Tesku^AWA^Tesku Posts: 21Player
    Vote-kick has been disabled on Official Servers
    So official servers are now a safe haven for hackers....
    next thing... nades are blocked by flag and leaves... nice update :pleased:
    |PhilBax| wrote: »
    what is the new port?

In AAEngine.ini, under the [TeamSpeakDefaults] section, the setting name was changed from "DefaultPortPrimary" to "TeamspeakPort". It defaults to port 8765, but you can now change it to whatever you like. (Previously, if you changed it, VOIP wouldn't work)

If you want to preserve old settings during an update, I highly recommend doing a "diff" against the new ini's using a tool like WinMerge. When the inis change, it's often because we're adding, removing, or changing settings that are important.

For example, if you're using an old AAEngine.ini and you're hosting a server with User Made Maps, you'll want to make sure to grab the change to "NetConnectionClassName" under the [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver] section.

If it would be helpful to server hosters, I can try to make sure we better document changed/added/removed ini settings in our change notes.

thank you :) I changed port name and it works now.
    Would be nice if changes were described as "for dummies" or made in the way that everything works after update :)
  • Thank you for the update, also I am very curious about

"Added a check to the vault & mantle system to insure enough overhead space is available prior to attempting to vault or mantle"

does this mean I wont accidentally vault over something when I intend to slide near it or around it?

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Thank you for the update, also I am very curious about

"Added a check to the vault & mantle system to insure enough overhead space is available prior to attempting to vault or mantle"

does this mean I wont accidentally vault over something when I intend to slide near it or around it?

There were situations where you'd start to vault something (like a box near a ceiling) but then get knocked down when you were too tall to stand on top. That situation is what this is probably meant to address.
  • [SWISS]Merlin[SWISS]Merlin Posts: 172Player
    first of all - THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR FIXING THE TS PROBLEM!!

"can not vote on invalid map"
    if i try to select a mapvote map on MY umm server, this message appears.
    to start the ts3, i did that:
    start /MIN "[EW]AAPG_ClanServer 01" AAGame.exe server FLO_UrbanAssault2$76561198023160450_th /GLOBAL /AuthServerUserName=xxxxxx /AuthServerPassword=xxxxxx /AuthServerIP=92.107.22.140 /STEAMSERVERIP=192.168.1.61 MULTIHOME=192.168.1.61 /NOPAUSE /NOHOMEDIR /CONFIGSUBDIR=AAHostAServerConfig9 /SAP=7771 /SGSP=7769 /SQP=27019 /INST=10 /voipport=8777
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    Wait, why is the Snakeskin skin for the M24 no longer rewarded for M24 Elite? It shows it as under Arctic, in fact. Is this the new default? Snakeskin > Arctic > Jungle?
  • SG1][Teal'cSG1][Teal'c Posts: 76Player
    edited April 2016
    Snakeskin is Veteran Reward, and that was the same 2 days ago as I made the Shoot House challenge. I dunno what it was before that, but that's no change from the newest patch.
    "SG1 wrote:
    [Teal'c;37597"]Snakeskin is Veteran Reward, and that was the same 2 days ago as I made the Shoot House challenge. I dunno what it was before that, but that's no change from the newest patch.
    I know it's a new change, because I was using the Jungle Skin yesterday, and now it's locked for Elite. Snakeskin was Elite before this. Always has been.
    That's weird. I remember it in that order cause I was like "Oh really? Well I gotta stick to the default till later" (I don't like that skin *g*).
    The official "Weapon Challenge" site tells same as you do so w/e..ignore that.
  • =[101st]=Muzza455=[101st]=Muzza455 Posts: 1,101Player
    Confetti grenades and no pistol . I know it's hard work devs but some fixes undo things . It's fun trying to scope with thumb lol
    "SG1 wrote:
    [Teal'c;37626"]That's weird. I remember it in that order cause I was like "Oh really? Well I gotta stick to the default till later" (I don't like that skin *g*).
    The official "Weapon Challenge" site tells same as you do so w/e..ignore that.
    It's cool, no big deal. :)
    Confetti grenades and no pistol . I know it's hard work devs but some fixes undo things . It's fun trying to scope with thumb lol
    I got the finger pistol thing...I know the devs are just trying to be funny, but I really don't like the joke because it makes the pistol harder to use. The pistol is weak enough as it is...
    edited April 2016
    Finger pistol and confetti nades
    Try to switch to the M1911? I'm curious if it works the other way around than that one the game refuses to let me do ^.^

EDIT: In explore mode, there is no M9 at all to pick in the loadout menu. Only M1911 and CZ-2 :D devs you're funny people =)
    edited April 2016
    "SG1 wrote:
    [Teal'c;37632"]Finger pistol and confetti nades
    Try to switch to the M1911? I'm curious if it works the other way around than that one the game refuses to let me do ^.^

EDIT: In explore mode, there is no M9 at all to pick in the loadout menu. Only M1911 and CZ-2 :D devs you're funny people =)
    That does fix it, but the 1911 has so little ammo. So, please, no more jokes that mess with guns...
    Wait so you can change from M9 to M1911, but I can't switch from M1911 to M9? xD
    Oh dear...
    now, also the UMM part is working fine. teamspeak as well. thanks a lot for this!
  • CollateralDMGCollateralDMG Posts: 4Player
    • Maybe revoke the actually Sound and replace the old Sound. Ask the community. the actually Audio sounds like a tin canister and you cant locate the foot steps are left or right, top or bottom from your Body.
    • Hotfix Notes (10 MAR 2016) •Eagle Eye correctly requires a single long distance head shot Let me say: "NO" it does NOT. Fix it please and don t post wrong Hotfixes.
      in Eagle-eye Comment by CollateralDMG March 21 Let me say: FIX IT PLEASE!
    • Dont disable the "kick Players" button and make it able to kick "E-1" ranked Players. You ask why? Because a lot of cheaters went the last month always with new accounts rank "E-1" on official Servers. The community was not able to kick "E-1"-cheaters and so the official Server get empty. You like empty official Servers with cheaters?
    • My personal opinion: You can classify "Homestead-Map" into the Mapvote Rotation. A lot of Players like the map. And maybe make it able to use the sniper scopes for the M14 EBR-RI like in the Beta.