Classic: mini map overhaul... to replace/remove all floating 3d icons.

what i propose is suggestion for "classic mode" but i'd welcome this as a universal change.
-
1. make the mini map twice as big and move the bird's eye view much higher so you can see most of the map instead of 1/6th of it. (option to zoom if desired)
-
2. then we get rid of all the friendly floating 3d icons from the game. and 3d spotting. and use the mini map for intel and comms...
-
3. and give your mini map compass markers to guide players to the OBJ locations. no 3d floating markers.
-
4. and no red dots when enemy shoots.
-
5. for team assist, you press a button, and a colored marker shows up in the mini map in that spot. that marker means "hey guys, this location here..." be that you think you saw an enemy, or you want a teammate to move there to cover you, whatever...
-
make these changes and we won't need to rely on 3d icons to see friendlies through walls. we won't have floating hud getting in your way of seeing the enemies on the screen. etc.

Comments

• -vortex-vortex Posts: 188Player
    -
    1. make the mini map twice as big and move the bird's eye view much higher so you can see most of the map instead of 1/6th of it. (option to zoom if desired)
    -
    3. and give your mini map compass markers to guide players to the OBJ locations. no 3d floating markers.
    -
    5. for team assist, you press a button, and a colored marker shows up in the mini map in that spot. that marker means "hey guys, this location here..." be that you think you saw an enemy, or you want a teammate to move there to cover you, whatever....

I like the idea of making the mini map a little less mini.
    -
    Yes, yes, and yes.
    -
    I feel like this is how spotting enemies should work but I don't see it being practical for telling random pub players where to go to cover you. The only thing we lose with 3d is which level of a building/space an enemy is on.
    Quick shadow step example: If he is spotted blue at window running down and I run out of construction to flag, I'm fine; but if he is upper blue/planter watching construction, I'm dead. This new minimap will only show he is somewhere in blue/show the same spot for both of these locations; however the old spotting would give me an idea of what level he is on.
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    1. How much more of the map do you want to see though? Some maps are pretty small and you would see all of the map.
    2. to 5. All good things.
  • =[A*A-E]=Medellin!Cannibal=[A*A-E]=Medellin!Cannibal Posts: 11Player
    edited May 2015
    2. then we get rid of all the friendly floating 3d icons from the game. and 3d spotting. and use the mini map for intel and comms...
    make these changes and we won't need to rely on 3d icons to see friendlies through walls. we won't have floating hud getting in your way of seeing the enemies on the screen. etc.

nice idea man, nice way to get rid of those 3d icons on screen

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited May 2015
    I like the idea of making the mini map a little less mini.
    -
    Yes, yes, and yes.
    -
    I feel like this is how spotting enemies should work but I don't see it being practical for telling random pub players where to go to cover you. The only thing we lose with 3d is which level of a building/space an enemy is on.
    Quick shadow step example: If he is spotted blue at window running down and I run out of construction to flag, I'm fine; but if he is upper blue/planter watching construction, I'm dead. This new minimap will only show he is somewhere in blue/show the same spot for both of these locations; however the old spotting would give me an idea of what level he is on.
    to place a marker for your team (for purposes of spotting enemy or asking for team to move there or watch that spot or w/e...) you point at an area in 3d world space. floor wall or ceiling... would all place a 2d mark on that floor nearest that mark when you press a button. that will create a colored icon in the 2d mini map.
    -
    just like all icons in the 2d mini map, elevation should be displayed with an up or down arrow in relation to the person viewing the intel.
    -
    also you could just use voip and say "above this spot" or "the alley behind this building" (which you don't have line of sight on and can't exactly create a perfect marker...) whatever.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Personally, i prefer opacity changes for showing elevation differences. There's still possibility for ambiguity on very multi-level areas, but I think that's an okay tradeoff for avoiding adding arrows everywhere that frequently wouldn't be needed.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited May 2015
    agreed. that's fine too. as long as we get the classic hud overhaul, the method of displaying elevation in the mini map is the smallest concern... i just want the classic mini map without the 3d hud. how you display elevation in 2d, we can tweak that when we get there...

• [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    I agree mostly on all points, but I don't want to see a bigger minimap.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !