WeaponsCache - fixed and polished up remake of LeQueb

2»

Comments

• ModtoolsModtools Posts: 282Player
    yep the old saving format was changed from .bin to .umap files with a metadata for steam.
    the old bins got cooked -> textures and meshes saved and encoded
    the new umap can be seared -> only lightmaps and textures are encoded for faster loading

but i found a way to extract the bins and recompile / copy them to the new umaps.
    At the moment i am working on shantytown. Will look what i can do :awesome:

Gz Modtools
  • -ew.theseer!^-ew.theseer!^ Posts: 52Player
    edited March 2016
    Hug Mr. Lequeb n Modtools :awesome:
    Im hoping for a WC WCSE PIPE revival since a decade, let's see what comes ....
  • LeQuebLeQueb Posts: 7Player
    Hey ModTools, as a contributor of the republished WeaponCache, do you think i can load the map in editor to fix some probs the map now have ? like a lot of misplaced textures, also trucks and containers in the court are way too big. I would like to load it in the editor, so we can fix those probs...
    edited March 2016
    for sure no problem it was and is your map too
  • -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    I think you should hand the map back to the man now hes back as sign of good faith . he clearly loves the map and wishes to work on it and polish it up nice and clean , i say let him have full control of his map back , you have enough to do modtools fixing steamroller :open_mouth:
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,612Beta Tester
    :+1:

And don't forget the cooked maps can't be worked on....
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • (Beer_Me)Roach(Beer_Me)Roach Posts: 249Player
    edited April 2016
    The old map will not be useable at this point but if you republish your work , please let me know if you need any help
    On another note , If Modtools is ripping other peoples maps and calling them his own there can be repricussions for these actions
    edited April 2016
    '#edit**
    no LeQueb will get the source files of this map .
    Did send him the link, also uploaded the not seared map.
    And i asked him before i published the map.
    i dont call the map my own.
  • (Beer_Me)Roach(Beer_Me)Roach Posts: 249Player
    That's great , my only concern is that we all act as gentlemen and have the community work together to bring these maps forward with minimum complications.
    I did not intend to accuse you of anything at all
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,163Beta Tester
    TBH, At the end of the day who cares who's releasing these map. As long as they are released all that matters. If money was being made from this stuff then fine understand. Look at it this way, all the AA2/3 maps are stolen if you really want to look at it that way. They are all ported or remade. Yes even CSAR. I stole the layout, regardless of it looking different and being made from scratch. I think we are small enough community not to worry about who stole what, but help each other releasing fun maps. I know it takes work to do the porting, so please at least respect the person that ported the map out and at least ask them to borrow things.....nothing wrong with sharing. ;)
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    I agree that it doesn't really matter. As wolverine said, it's not like we're making money out of this. Also, while ports do take work (I have no idea how much), I can't imagine it takes anywhere near the effort of making a map from scratch. Even remaking an old map, while taking a lot of time (maybe even just as much as an original map), still is made tons easier by not requiring the mapper to come up with a good layout that they may end up tweaking endlessly trying to get it right.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    I have no problem with people porting maps the more the merrier , i do believe consent should be asked for before porting over something some built from scratch and put in the hard work . My issue lies in the rate these ports are coming out and not being polished and not being fixed or updated before the porter moves onto the next . Before you know it we have a workshop for bugs and glitchy maps and like wolverine pointed out we are a small community trying to build up and having someone come to the game and play maps with very poor performance is not a good look for the game , Release your map play with the people on a server and get feedback and find issue and fix them before moving to the next , thats all i would like to see. Because right now just seems like a race to see who can release the most AA2 and 3 maps.
    I do agree about spending time polishing the maps. Regardless port or not, time should be spent making it right before moving to the next one.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,612Beta Tester
    I guess I'm some kind of so-and-so but I wouldn't want someone taking my song/photo/map/etc and changing it from what I envisioned, ESPECIALLY if I had a lot of work into it.

I wouldn't be against collaboration or even handing stuff off, but not without some kind of discussion. I wouldn't like someone taking it and running.

: shrug :
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I guess I'm some kind of so-and-so but I wouldn't want someone taking my song/photo/map/etc and changing it from what I envisioned, ESPECIALLY if I had a lot of work into it.

I wouldn't be against collaboration or even handing stuff off, but not without some kind of discussion. I wouldn't like someone taking it and running.

: shrug :

That I agree 100%, Just to be clear, this is about the ports, not original content.
    edited April 2016
    sorry there were some points i didnt declare in the first post.

1.) I did ask the author(LeQueb) before i released the map
    (Before you ask, the groundlayout of Impact2ndwave was done by Blackburn
    and me together, he asked me to finish it and make it playable again,
    also this happens with Coloseum from =Loki= Paspertou)
    2.) The author(LeQueb) has gotten the maps sourcefile from me
    3.) Altan has done all AA2 Maps and will release them soon,
    Merlin told me this some weeks ago
    and i decided to first focus on the AA3 Maps
    (at the moment Altan has enough to work with his AA2 Maps i think)
    4.) I do release a map even in Alpha Stage. If i have enough time i polish it
    until prefinished state before the release.
    Its my hobby and i invest much time in it (even without payment and i love it :-)
    and yes my hearth bleeds too if i see that there are bugs -.- [TOS Violation] little beasts)
    5.) At the moment i focus on AA3 Maps,
    pls tell me if there are some issues with these maps
    Support and Debugging of the AA2 Maps is continueing as soon as possible
    perhaps Altan releases his maps or i finished airfield
    and have time to determine the bugs:-)
    6.) The AA3 Maps with its special Lighting and her soundenvironnement need more time
    than the AA2 Maps.
    Stronghold and Airfield and Shantytown took 4 weeks of my live away with
    daily around 6 hours work (yeah i know how much work is in a map !)

Hope i answered all question.
    If you have more questions pls shoot out.
    All who will help can join the party if you want you can help me.
    Flops you are a good mapper too, if you want you can help me.
    2 or more People will find the bugs faster than one alone.
    All helping people will be named as coauthors, so all legals are complied.

Gz Modtools
    No worries, MT. You're doing good. Just keep doing what you're doing. As long as you keep working on them to clean them up, it's good. And from what I see you're doing that.

So keep up the good work. :+1: