Assist System

2»

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I don't think stats or anything like that makes a casual game, maybe it supports it but that's about it. Stats are a thing since the beginning of online gaming and even before that I guess. I never understood the impression of good players "farming noobs" for achievements and why does it change anything if I kill people with an ironsight m4 instead of the aim point? All the challenges are easily achievable by just playing normally. What causes this game to be so casual is mainly movement imo like sliding and jumping around corners without penalty.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Well, quite simply Necabo, it's a lot easier to get golden hawkeyes against players who are .......defenseless....
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 346Beta Tester
    Keebler wrote: ...despite what I said above. It doesn't jive with what I've said prior about pushing toward Objective-only scoring and kills only providing the auxilliary means to an end (a la the ACTUAL Army.)

If there is one thing that has pushed this game toward the supposed "Run and Gun" genre, it's the kills and stats and achievements and challenges instead of focusing on objectives, comms and teamwork. This has also led to an atrocious level of "newb farming."

Keebler, sorry but... “ACTUAL ARMIES” (to paraphrase you) for centuries, looked at KIA’s and injuries as “objectives”. Perhaps what is needed to “push” objective oriented play is to award double points to the team that wins via objective over wins by elimination of opposing force.
    015c0ab623b454cffe80c9c007fbb62f21aeac80.jpg
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,157Player
    edited April 2016
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    There is one thing I WILL say about this discussion and the accounting of it: It does put the focus back on the Incaps instead of on the teamwork toward an objective.

For that, it gives me second thoughts, despite what I said above. It doesn't jive with what I've said prior about pushing toward Objective-only scoring and kills only providing the auxilliary means to an end (a la the ACTUAL Army.)

If there is one thing that has pushed this game toward the supposed "Run and Gun" genre, it's the kills and stats and achievements and challenges instead of focusing on objectives, comms and teamwork. This has also led to an atrocious level of "newb farming."

That's FPS and gaming in general. Nothing you're going to do is going to change that. People expect their KDR to be tracked in today's gaming world. No matter how you score the game, as long as that stat is available people will care about it. I will say that there should be many more challenges that should have more of a team play basis. Challenges based on objectives taken and things of that nature.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I just don't agree with how you make it sound like good players are purposely joining servers to farm noobs instead of focusing on objectives. Maybe it's like that on your servers but in eu comp players usually play each other (with people like me and arkeiro being an exception I guess cause we enjoy FLO a lot and most comp players don't). And how many golden Hawkeyes do you need again? 1,3,5? You surely have those before getting the 750 ironsight kills regardless of server you play on and opponents you face. The only people that would "need" to do as you proposed to get their Hawkeyes are bad players picking on new players, really don't believe this is an issue at all.