Why Punkbuster Kick Me? Help Plz! :(((

[owg]Albo[owg]Albo Posts: 1Player
HI, MY PROBLEM IS THAT PUNKBUSTER KICK ME OFF WHEN I TRY TO PLAY AA... THE MESSAGE ABOUT THE CRASH IS:
Verifying service authenticity ERROR

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO... I ALREADY UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED AA... HELP ME!

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    edited March 2016
    First...take a deep breath....this happens to lots of people :)

Now...do a game file integrity check from Steam Library (Right click AAPG > Properties > Local Files ....Verify Integrity of Game Cache) and it should redo Punkbuster when you try to start the game.

It will say a few files were wrong but that's just PB reinstalling.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Bonus tip: From time to time you should take out the keys of your keyboard and clean it in order to prevent keys from getting stuck.
  • DeathloonDeathloon Posts: 2Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    First...take a deep breath....this happens to lots of people :)

Now...do a game file integrity check from Steam Library (Right click AAPG > Properties > Local Files ....Verify Integrity of Game Cache) and it should redo Punkbuster when you try to start the game.

It will say a few files were wrong but that's just PB reinstalling.

Well I tried this and it did not work. Tried to join another server and said same thing kick/ban...
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,448Player
    edited March 2016
    Deathloon maybe you should take a look at your steam profile top right hand side.
    This will give you the reason why your getting kicked from most protected servers.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Deathloon, I'll be more straightforward than Delton: many (most?) private servers prohibit players with VAC bans from joining, even if it is more than 5 years old.

You should still be able to play on "official" servers and some private servers.

ACI chooses to take an extremely hardline stance that isn't always in everyone's best interest. ACI punishes players for keeping the same Steam account in spite of past bans because the more often players switch accounts, the more admins feel they need ACI.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,448Player
    Just want to make it clear its a server owner choice to enforce VAC bans ACI does not force server owners to use it.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    ACI (as well as its counterparts) are deeply flawed. They create player confusion (as has frequently been seen in these forums), subvert the way the a/c clients are intended to function by game publishers, enable antisocial behavior from admins that don't understand how to interpret the data, expose player IP information, and more.

Their database isn't even trustworthy. It's been proven that false data and records can be injected, including reporting bans that never happened or player logins that never occurred. This is because the way ACI collects and uses logs from PB as authoritative information was never designed for by EvenBalance. Nothing is encrypted and their entire system is vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks.
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    edited March 2016
    Saccho wrote: »
    Nothing is encrypted and their entire system is vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks.

Which they still haven't fixed... don't even know that they can
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,125Beta Tester
    Ok guys, flawed or no flawed, wrong or right, good or bad.... It doesn't matter. The fact is the guy has a vac ban, which means he cheated, and it's possible he can cheat again. I don't think this is against one organization, group or something. The fack the guy cheated is good enough in my book, he is banned or being banned. And please don't feed me this crap about it was long time ago, or it was my cat who installed the hack. You cheated and that's the fact! Thread closed! Move along nothing else to see here.
  • m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 634Moderator
    The question from the OP has been answered. The rest of this discussion can take place at ACI, where it belongs. They alone control what is sent to their members.
This discussion has been closed.