Is it possible to use a custom IP adress to host a server?

I don't have a static IP address but however I do have a custom IP address that works.
If not when would AA add in custom IP support?
Almost Every single Game out there has support for a custom IP.
example would be minecraft,Unturned, and some others I don't know about.

Comments

• Also Yes it results to my Router/Modem's IP address
  • weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 147Player
    I'm no expert in this but I'd say we will never see this game work in global mode using a dynamic ip address. I'd say the main reason would have to do with the game and steam using some type of security certificate between one another to make sure the user accounts logging into to the game are validated. Valid Security Certificates would normally not be verified over a dynamic ip address. You could however run your server in LAN mode, but your in game stats would not be added to your account.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    edited March 2016
    I've been running a Global AUTH server from home. My dynamic IP from Shaw has been the same to my modem for 4 months...

Don't know how unique that situation is, but it's working so far!!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 147Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I've been running a Global AUTH server from home. My dynamic IP from Shaw has been the same to my modem for 4 months...

Don't know how unique that situation is, but it's working so far!!

Just pray you don't have to reset the router for any length of time.... :)

Believe it or not, I've shut the router OFF for three weeks recently, and I've even reset the Modem.

I don't know how they can charge for a Static IP when mine is so static....

:p
    :)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,049Moderator
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Believe it or not, I've shut the router OFF for three weeks recently, and I've even reset the Modem.

I don't know how they can charge for a Static IP when mine is so static....

:p
    :)
    Thats a YMMV situation, i had the same ip for years at times, even through power outs, then all of a sudden you lose that ip and get a new one a couple of times in a couple of months.
    If you get the same ip for a extended period of time, you can use that for register a server, but i dont think you should expect the aacm's to change your ip weekly.
    ss_4_frankof.png
    True!
    ______

• [SWISS]Merlin[SWISS]Merlin Posts: 156Player
    edited March 2016
    i guess, that the aacm's dont change the ip address anymore. once registered, its running, even whan your ip did change.

EDIT: not true, you have to register the servers for new ip