AA2 Nostalgia... Remember the doors? :P

Wow I miss AA2... It took me couple of years to get over it when it was done. I remember those doors. I loved them. We were able to block someone's grenade by closing the door LOL and they would get flashed and killed by their own grenades. I remember the mines XD was so funny!

Zakrivate Dvera! Granata! haha... AA2 was amazing! It was a masterpiece, it's still is. My first top best favorite FPS game ever! It was so fun!

My favorite maps were the Pipeline and the Bridge! :D I used to play those a lot! It's so classic! I don't even know if AA2 is still around? If it is I'd install it and just run around and remeber those days.

I was thinking devs could bring that back as a classic for us - fans? That's be cool. I love the current AA:PG too, it's just I have less time to play it these days. Times are different now.

I think AA2 deserves a place in this community. New players probably have no idea what AA2 is. AA2 is in my heart, bro! XD Those who know they'd understand!

But anyways, please share your memories or fun & cool things you remember from AA2. It'd be nice to refresh my memories.

I miss you AA2 :) and I love the new AA:PG don't get me wrong & thanks for making it for us for free! Cheers!

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    There's some really cool UMM remakes of old maps too! Try MacLobster's Pipeline, for instance! Good times :)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • T.AshbyT.Ashby Posts: 21Player
    AA2 was amazing. Definitely better than PG, though AAPG was a step in the right direction. And there are doors in editor, I'm not sure why they haven't appeared in any official maps. Some could really use them. Like Redline.
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester
    Yeah I sure miss AA2, a lot!!

I miss the silencer, the bipod, the medic class, the oh heck the everything!!!! I do love AAPG but would love to one day (soon) see a lot of the old AA2 maps added to the official map lineup..

The umm's are for the most part nice, but the sounds suck big time, and no map.. I downloaded the SF AA2 Hospital, my all time favorite map.. (no not for the sexy nurses lol) and it has not been worked on in a long time, its to greyish and again the sounds when shooting are not pleasant..
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 333Beta Tester
    The original game (AA1.0 thru to AA2. whatever) was a lot of fun. It’s still being played, do a search. I know I have a good version on my laptop that I have played in the last year.
    BUT... things were not all as good as our memories want us to think they were. Believe me, I did some major testing, weapon accuracy, sounds inside and out and much more.

I do have many found memories. Both of my wins as well as far too many deaths. :o

Shot00014_zpsplrgijso.png

product-image-230368610_300x300.jpg
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    edited March 2016
    Doors!

We breached this topic a while back. Discussion just revolved round and round and nothing swung our way. There's good news though, nothing was shut out.. so we can hope that there's an opening in the games future for them.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    [Gen]Adzic wrote: »
    Doors!

We breached this topic a while back. Discussion just revolved round and round and nothing swung our way. There's good news though, nothing was shut out.. so we can hope that there's an opening in the games future for them.

10/10
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,139Beta Tester
    LOL nice :+1:

In all seriousness though, I think with slight adjustment the door can work the same way. They are bugged now, I made a video and bugged it. I'm hoping it does get fixed. I also suggested few things in the video, that could possibly make them work like in aa2.
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 356Player
    edited March 2016
    Doors!

Post of the year.

Anyway, just add doors to your umms in the next contest. This way we kind of force them to fix the doors :P win win.
    Oh well.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,140Player
    I remember back in the older days of AAPG, the Devs said that they wanted to do doors right when they put them in. So instead of just AA2 style doors, make different ways to breach them, and whatever else. The other thing was that they said that they didn't fit into the current gameplay style. Most of us said, let's just have them AA2 style and worry about the other functionality down the road, but that never happened. Instead we have the buggy ones that are currently in the editor which you sometimes can't shoot through among other things.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • ModtoolsModtools Posts: 280Player
    i think it time to let my comment here :-)

i have made some AA2 / AA3 Ports yet.
    First to the quality.
    The maps cant be ported directly cuz most of them were made on older releases of the unreal engine. The soundsystem and the lighting system changed a few times.
    Some game mechanics and spawnchanges were made so the older spawn system was killed.
    Also the packaging (i hate .bin files and .dat and .cue too) and the publishing system were changed.

After a few weeks i could say i now understand the new system of mapmaking in unreal and i understand the lighting and mechanics of the wwise sound engine.(sounds sound stupid why most of the authors let the reverb oof the volumes in default mode and the unreal default is cruel...)

Here some maps already done by me (yes with doors :-P)

AA3 Impact - now aka Impact2ndwave

CollapsedTunnel aka TunnelCollapse
    soon WeaponsCache (rework of an old made version of LeQueb polished and made some additions)
    in further time Airfield...
    Ranch...
    dont know about deltathunder had fixed his map touchdown
    (@Wolverine) do you know if i can publish it ? Do you have contact to him ?

if there is the need i will make them all (have all mapfiles) if i have time

PS: Also i made a few other maps here the list MODTOOLSMAPPACK
    Gz Modtools
    I Know DT was busy with some RL things. However I'm not 100% sure if he still is. I haven't asked him about anything to do with the game, because he was busy with something more important, and I didn't want to take his concentration away from it. I'm sure once he's done, he'll be back around here posting and answering things and maybe even republishing his maps. Lots of people miss them, I know I do.
    Doors!

Doors? Their inclusion all hinges on the Dev's. ;)
    I know right, we should be slamming them for not adding in any doors yet!

Silly wabbits. ;)
    I really expected someone to include a Doors video here....
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    DOORS will save the game

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    Can't handle much more of this topic

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Make sure to close the door on the way out of this thread.
    Remember! The squeaky hinge gets the grease!!!
    ______

SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Make sure to close the door on the way out of this thread.

He can't because, wait for it... There are no working doors. :p
    (You walked into that one.)
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Remember! The squeaky hinge gets the grease!!!

That's wheel, the squeaky WHEEL gets the grease.
    Actually, it's the axle that gets the slippery lubricant but I digrease. heeh ;)