Official Servers

cK^.Ca$HcK^.Ca$H Posts: 7Player
Still don't get the devs why are all Official Servers still at Client Hit detection when that is the worst [TOS Violation] I have ever experienced. You get behind the wall and get shoot one second after, some lower skilled players or which are new to the game thing it are hacks, but it ain't it just just stupid CSHD, change all this [TOS Violation] to SSHD otheerwise it is unplayable. Once I was choking one guy in CSHD, 1 second after he killed me with a gun, not a bleed out but m4 shot, allthought in my screen he never fired a bullet, and i was giving him a hug, so tell me how retarded is that? Devs need to change this [TOS Violation] asap, cause the game will only loose players, and the new ones that come what can they think about the game when such as things are happening.

Comments

• Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited May 2015
    i don't know if you are new or not to the discussion of the topic you opened but do a search for SSHD on the old forums,where 30 pages+ topics report how much false/missed hits SSHD generates than CSHD no matter what tick rate the server is on.The debate lasted for months,official test servers were set to SSHD and converted back shortly after because it was worse.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited May 2015
    It's your toaster Cash, I told you.. CSHD>SSHD in general, even though both are bad.

Shooting players behind a wall is a game issue for example, happens on SSHD as well.
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    That's compensation and happens regardless because the idea behind this game is to reach out to players around the world. It's much harder to accomplish that if the player with a 200 ping can't have fun. Maybe if there were more of a developer interest in a SSHD model where all the other code was tailored to SSHD it might be different, but so far for me CSHD is the most consistent we've been given.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
    I wonder what kind of compensation they need on SSHD with good pings. Shooting people behind walls just shouldn't happen.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    I wonder what kind of compensation they need on SSHD with good pings. Shooting people behind walls just shouldn't happen.

The point is that, on their screen, when they shot, you weren't behind that wall.

On SSHD, the server is still going to be guessing at what the player saw when they took their shot. SSHD is like a kind of simulated, remote client side in that respect.

I should probably start shooting at walls where I saw an enemy earlier then. Can the really not be prevented somehow?
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    I should probably start shooting at walls where I saw an enemy earlier then. Can the really not be prevented somehow?
    On shooting where an enemy was -- that's not going to get kills, the system doesn't work that way.

On prevention -- the surefire way to prevent death behind corners is to require server confirmation before allowing you to move client-side. The issue with that is there's huge delay involved and everything ends up feeling sluggish. (And even then you're going to run into issues.)

Consider what happens when a low-ping player shoots somebody with a massive ping, say 500ms. You, the low-ping player, get a clean headshot. Meanwhile, on his screen, he's running behind that wall. 250+ms later, when he gets the server message "you've been shot", he thinks he's well behind a wall.

Go here:
    http://www.gabrielgambetta.com/fpm_live.html
    and try moving around with 200ms lag, no prediction, no reconciliation, and 30 updates/sec. Then compare how smooth that feels to playing with prediction and reconciliation turned on.

Really, that entire guide is a good overview of FPS networking overall.

If nothing else, read this page:
    http://www.gabrielgambetta.com/fpm4.html
    and the section on Lag Compensation and why it's considered the best modern solution. Reading the entire site in order, though, wouldn't take too long and gives more context.
    BCPull wrote: »
    On shooting where an enemy was -- that's not going to get kills, the system doesn't work that way.

On prevention -- the surefire way to prevent death behind corners is to require server confirmation before allowing you to move client-side. The issue with that is there's huge delay involved and everything ends up feeling sluggish. (And even then you're going to run into issues.)

Consider what happens when a low-ping player shoots somebody with a massive ping, say 500ms. You, the low-ping player, get a clean headshot. Meanwhile, on his screen, he's running behind that wall. 250+ms later, when he gets the server message "you've been shot", he thinks he's well behind a wall.

Go here:
    http://www.gabrielgambetta.com/fpm_live.html
    and try moving around with 200ms lag, no prediction, no reconciliation, and 30 updates/sec. Then compare how smooth that feels to playing with prediction and reconciliation turned on.

Really, that entire guide is a good overview of FPS networking overall.

If nothing else, read this page:
    http://www.gabrielgambetta.com/fpm4.html
    and the section on Lag Compensation and why it's considered the best modern solution. Reading the entire site in order, though, wouldn't take too long and gives more context.

Thanks for the info, seems like my eyes are just bad. Rewatched a scene of gameplay and realized the enemy wasn't actually behind the wall, just looked like it when I played. Here's the video so you don't call me a noob:
  • feldeX^feldeX^ Posts: 59Player
    This bad hit detection forced me to quit the this game.The last ridiculous moment was,i get killed by a &$*§)" M24 i die suddenly without hear a shot after 1 sec. i hear the shot...awful
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    DoGo+ wrote: »
    This bad hit detection forced me to quit the this game.The last ridiculous moment was,i get killed by a &$*§)" M24 i die suddenly without hear a shot after 1 sec. i hear the shot...awful

How far away from you was the sniper? could be quirks of the new engine, a 'speed of sound' kinda thing.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• feldeX^feldeX^ Posts: 59Player
    DoGo+ wrote: »

How far away from you was the sniper? could be quirks of the new engine, a 'speed of sound' kinda thing.

I dont know didnt see him after this situation i quit
  • -PPaaxx--PPaaxx- Posts: 1,576Player
    It's still beta. Report it by using bug report.
    My original nick is -Ner0-
    It's now banned after the
    latest update.
  • Yato^Yato^ Posts: 103Player
    SSHD is complete [TOS Violation], alas you're entitled to your own opinion but you should know, if your opinion on the matter is that SSHD is better than CSHD; you're wrong.