m24 accuracy cone

13»

Comments

• iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    edited March 2016
    Okay, thats fine. But you realize my suggestion would not allow this to happen? Its like I'm talking to a wall. I don't want people to macro either. This is a reading comprehension problem.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    "You have no clue" "Actually,he has" "OK,thats fine"
    [/thread]
    AAPG is good!
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    iNv|eKComm wrote: »
    Its like I'm talking to a wall.

Not everyone's responding directly at you and taking an attitude with people really doesn't help anything. I've suggested in the past that the cone decrease in size over the course of the scope animation. My only issues in this thread have been with the people throwing insults and invective around for no good reason.
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    edited March 2016
    I think your solution is fair.

But the macro comment was out of context for the whole thread and thus made no sense as an argument to anything.

I take attitude with people who can't read and understand another perspective. If it we're up to me i'd almost allow quick scoping. But in the interest of making a game that caters to all I'm compromising by saying that something you or I have suggested is a fair alternative.

We can have the best of all worlds here and I'm presenting an alternative of common ground which doesn't appear to be registering here. Unsurprising.

And that is the problem. People don't take time to understand a problem, look at it from all the different angles and arrive at a solution.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Flatlander wrote: »
    "You have no clue" "Actually,he has" "OK,thats fine"
    [/thread]
    illK6U.gif
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Yato^Yato^ Posts: 103Player
    edited March 2016
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    When non-ADS, you aren't aiming. When you pull up the sights, you need to take the necessary time to align the weapon and sights before you shoot. It's straightforward.

"Skill" isn't about finding and exploiting little loopholes in the code, and the Devs have every right to design a game that requires you to out-think your opponent instead of out-macro-ing him.

I've often considered going out and designing my own game if I don't like this one.

So it should be applied accordingly to ALL weapons, not just the ones people cry about. M4 you can easily start aiming down the sight and start shooting with accuracy half way through the animation.
    Devs have been far too active in this game when it comes to deciding how we play the game. Thats not how you do it, they're supposed to give us the tools and we figure out how to use them in the most efficient way.

Well to be fair, it is their toy, one that they made from the ground up.. we just get to play with it :lol:

Always makes me laugh when someone calls out the devs for anything, like they owe us something. I think they give us a pretty good deal, how about you look at the whole situation from a neutral perch, instead of that pedestal some people like to put themselves on? You might just (with a little luck) find a slither of new found appreciation for the devs and what we do have.

I have every right to criticize the game and the devs decisions. Especially when I'm proven to be right 6 months down the line.
    Saccho wrote: »
    So far, devs have been adamant in their decision making of that makes ZERO sense when you ask them about the reasoning behind it effectively turning the game into glorified garbage.
    lol?

Heaven forbid the Devs engineer short-range weaknesses into a long-range, one-hit-kill weapon. Yes, they provide the tools. That doesn't mean screwdrivers get to be effective hammers, too.

As for this quoted sentence -- giving weapons pros and cons makes a game garbage? It's ... bad that the devs are adamant about decision-making because you disagree? You're not really making much sense here (zero, perhaps?).

If you played the game with a hint of competence you'd soon come to realize that the m24 does have its own weaknesses in CQB, like. It's even the worst weapon in most categories. It has the longest time to sight, your movement is impaired the most while sighted. Slowest fire rate of all the weapons. It's scope, while having the highest magnification of them all comes at the price of having severely increased sway compared to others. Elcan and acog don't even come close even when you take the increased magification into account.

Everytime you change stance the sight re-adjusts. Everytime you ADS you'll suffer from the inconsistent placement of the sight. Also, you don't have a crosshair on the screen while using the m24. When people asked why they didnt remove the crosshairs from the game entirely, it's because it makes it too hard to find the center of the screen. Or some bogus reasoning of peoples monitors being able to pop one up in the center. It doesnt take a genius to see how they contradict themselves there.

With flinching now a thing (another bad decision) you also need to shoot first with the m24 in CQB, becomes very unlikely thing to happen with all of the other things hampering it. The whole "boohoo but people macro durr" is the weakest claim against it. People ghost too, get rid of spectator then.

Sure, m24 has the highest damage. But it needs to be clarified, that it has the POTENTIAL to kill in 1 shot. It doesn't all the time. Yes, there's a difference. Yet again, reading comprehension isnt everyones strongest but im sure yours is fine. You just tried to twist the words to mean something that would fit your agenda. So okay, I'll play along. I never did say that implenting weaknesses to weapons was bad, I said that the weaknesses they did implement were bad for gameplay. It makes for a boring and stale game that will eventually end up empty and dead that people talk about with nostalgia. " remember when we played AAPG? Yeah, too bad it turned into a such a garbage game"
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    So it should be applied accordingly to ALL weapons, not just the ones people cry about. M4 you can easily start aiming down the sight and start shooting with accuracy half way through the animation.
    All weapons already work the same way with regards to accuracy cone being in place until the weapon scope animation is very nearly complete.

If you played the game with a hint of competence
    Ad Hominem. I'm plenty competent, thanks much.

you'd soon come to realize that the m24 does have its own weaknesses in CQB, like. It's even the worst weapon in most categories. It has the longest time to sight, your movement is impaired the most while sighted. Slowest fire rate of all the weapons. It's scope, while having the highest magnification of them all comes at the price of having severely increased sway compared to others. Elcan and acog don't even come close even when you take the increased magification into account. Everytime you change stance the sight re-adjusts. Everytime you ADS you'll suffer from the inconsistent placement of the sight.

... all of this establishing the weapon's intended role as low-mobility long-distance support ...

Also, you don't have a crosshair on the screen while using the m24. When people asked why they didnt remove the crosshairs from the game entirely, it's because it makes it too hard to find the center of the screen. Or some bogus reasoning of peoples monitors being able to pop one up in the center. It doesnt take a genius to see how they contradict themselves there.
    Strawman Fallacy -- you've set up your own pretend logic for them and knock *that* down instead.

Crosshairs are on the weapons they think are reasonably used via hipfire. Crosshairs aren't on the weapons they don't want to see used via hipfire. Just because people can engineer a way around their system doesn't mean the design principles are wrong.

With flinching now a thing (another bad decision) you also need to shoot first with the m24 in CQB, becomes very unlikely thing to happen with all of the other things hampering it.
    Flinching being bad is purely your opinion. The idea that the M24 has to hit first to win in CQB is just wrong. The underlying assumption you're making -- that the M24 is meant to have a fair chance in CQB -- is also wrong (as evidenced by the game design choices that have been made).
    It makes for a boring and stale game that will eventually end up empty and dead that people talk about with nostalgia. " remember when we played AAPG? Yeah, too bad it turned into a such a garbage game"
    Don't you have something better to do than troll forums whining about how garbage you think a game is?