m24 accuracy cone

One major complaint with the m24 is the reg. I think that a lot of the issue has to do with the split second accuracy cone that is added to the weapon when scoping in. This has to be the only game that has this feature and I'm not sure that I like it. Quick scoping is not as easy as people complain about and it gets pretty frustrating at times when I'm scoped up on an enemy and there is no hit because I did it too fast. I think that if its removed a lot of the casual community will not even notice and the comp/veteran players will appreciate the better registration.

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    iNv|mikE wrote: »
    Quick scoping is not as easy as people complain about and it gets pretty frustrating at times when I'm scoped up on an enemy and there is no hit because I did it too fast

You answered your own question, It's not easy because the game don't allow you to do it :lol:

Back when it was 100% accurate from the moment you hit mouse two (yep it used to work like that).. nearly everyone complained like crazy.. I think it was changed to stop them complaints. So, I doubt that's something they would change back.

When I think back soo much has changed in this game, Anyone remember hitmarkers and killcams? thogh I have to say.. Laser gun patch was my favorite, hip firing across the map with no cone and next to no sway was a real hoot. That didn't last long either.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    edited March 2016
    It wasn't as easy as people complained about (I meant that in a past tense referring to when it was patched). It seems kind of dumb to be penalized for placing your reticle on an enemy too quickly. I've played this game from the start and have never had an issue where I thought the m24 was too OP. In fact I've always thought that its harder to snipe in this game than any other that I have competed in. It seems kind of cal-o to have to sit and wait a second for the cone to deactivate and then take your shot. Especially when you're in a situation when you're the last man standing and have the opposing team closing in on you.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    No quick scope....no problem. The M24 is a sniper rifle, and frankly MOST people would be happy if even MORE was done to make it less of a CQB death ray.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    what else could be done? Give it more of a cone when scoped in?
  • -{x.X.x}-Him.Self!-{x.X.x}-Him.Self! Posts: 23Player
    I have no problem with the m24. I think its fine the way it is.
    you eighter upgrade your skills by learning to handle the weapon or you pick an m4

I easely get 100 kills with m24, with other guns I suck.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,018Moderator
    iNv|mikE wrote: »
    One major complaint with the m24 is the reg...
    No, its the ridiculous "killer wrist shot", that's the major complaint.

ss_4_frankof.png
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,123Player
    edited March 2016
    I think there should be some indication as to when the player is fully scoped up. It can probably be done through the way the animation works.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    Or at the very least get rid of the cone halfway (or 3/4ths) through the scoping up animation. Currently many yell REG because they didn't fully sight up. On their defense, it becomes problematic having to focus on being 100% fully sighted-in when you're trying to shoot others.

Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I think there should be some indication as to when the player is fully scoped up. It can probably be done through the way the animation works.

Not bad of an idea.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • JoGaryJoGary Posts: 220Player
    edited March 2016
    How about a cone that starts of large and reduces over a second or so?? longer you wait more accurate it will be for first couple of seconds.. Sure that how it would be in real life? if anything it needs to be even longer as I have seen guys owning darkroom with a sniper rifle. Granted it needs lots of practice to do this but once they put the hours in the sniper can be OP.
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    How does practicing for hours upon end to get good with something make it op? that's called skill.
  • -VI-#Sunvon.--VI-#Sunvon.- Posts: 47Player
    Ofc random cone in reallife
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Disagree, I'm an excellent quickscoper irl.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Easy kills with the M24. Why am I not surprised. Click... Kill... Repeat. You can't make it any easier.
    googley avatar aapg

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    66 kills in beta, 59 in release. I'm sure you know that gun inside out. It might look easy when getting killed by it but it's actually not that easy (the current one that is) ;)
    IO_i_OI is 2 good
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 551Beta Tester
    edited March 2016
    I have a little bit of experience with the weapon, it's definitely harder to get those [mod edit] kills than it looks. But the weapon should not be made more powerful IMO. I think it's fine as-it-is, there is not much to be done with the current damage model.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    edited March 2016
    As soon as you can ID your target through the scope you should be able to shoot and get the kill without any cone effects. That doesn't mean its like BlackOps2 where you can hit the sight button and immediately shoot without penalty. It just means as soon as you can see your target through your scope you should be able to shoot!

Basically it takes me till about 3/4 the full scope up time to see what i was aiming at before sighting up. At that point i should be able to get the shot in without penalty. With the current system i need to force myself to wait.

The m24 was never as OP as the m14 was.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    What you are saying is that a scoped (non-red dot) weapon shouldn't be properly aligned before firing. That's "Star Wars make it up as we go."

As far as I understand it, it was done to hamper quick-scoping.

Wait till the weapon is ready to go...or pay an accuracy price. It's easy...
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    Easy kills with the M24. Why am I not surprised. Click... Kill... Repeat. You can't make it any easier.

Remember to aim too.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • -{x.X.x}-Him.Self!-{x.X.x}-Him.Self! Posts: 23Player
    its about how fast can u find a target and move on his body

2016-02-07_00001.jpg
    2016-02-21_00001.jpg