Is there going to be Coop anytime Soon For American's Army Proving Grounds?

Hello saw in the old games of AA that there whas Coop. So i whas looking if Coop whas coming back for this one as wel. But cant find anything about Coop for AAPG. So i thot ill ask it my self maby anyone knows or the staf of the game can give me the anser. Wil there Be Coop again?

Greetings all and happy gaming! Hooah! Thizel.

Comments

• KodenKoden Posts: 282Player
    Some people from the community were trying to get AI to work on UMM, but custom maps may still have some sound issues, I guess...I don't think there's going to be an official cooperative mode featuring AI. Although, it would probably helped a lot if the game was to feature some sort of usable AI, but then again...there are other issues in the game that need to be sorted out earlier, unfortunatly.
    Derob6.jpg
  • -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 151Player
    Bring back Snake Plain and Interdection. Even Border was a blast. I feel like it would be a great feature for people who are new to the game to start playing Co-op. They can get a feel for the game mechanics before they have to play against real people and get possibly frustrated with not doing well, and never play the game again.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    While we would like to add AI and Co-Op at some point, it's not currently part of the plan.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• frankoffrankof Posts: 995Moderator
    Hooah!!

(no, i dont like AI and CO-OP, but i have to admit, snakeplain was fun at times)
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    FunPolice wrote: »
    While we would like to add AI and Co-Op at some point, it's not currently part of the plan.

You don't have to just do enemy AI, but add civvies as collateral damage to avoid. That might prove very interesting gameplay.
    googley avatar aapg

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,181Player
    edited March 2016
    Or another idea is they could make it work in the editor and then hold an AI map comp (I believe they asked for competition ideas?) thereby negating the need to make them themselves :mrgreen:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• KodenKoden Posts: 282Player
    Koden wrote:
    Although, it would probably helped a lot if the game was to feature some sort of usable AI, but then again...there are other issues in the game that need to be sorted out earlier, unfortunatly.
    Or another idea is they could make it work in the editor and then hold an AI map comp (I believe they asked for competition ideas?) thereby negating the need to make them themselves :mrgreen:
    Yes. But, still...thats not even going to be Coming Soon™ .
    Derob6.jpg
  • Pvt.OsamaPvt.Osama Posts: 3Player
    any news on upcoming coop missions? are there any plans now? would like to see them. just joined back into AA. was inactive for quite a long time. the coop were always a nice relaxing scenario
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    Pvt.Osama wrote: »
    any news on upcoming coop missions? are there any plans now? would like to see them. just joined back into AA. was inactive for quite a long time. the coop were always a nice relaxing scenario

There are no plans for coop anything in the current AAPG as far as I know. AAV might be different, but way too early to know anything there.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,093Player

There are no plans for coop anything in the current AAPG as far as I know. AAV might be different, but way too early to know anything there.

Even in the original AA coop didn't come until really late versions. I can't imagine it being a priority in the early releases.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!

AAV ? Americas Army Veteran? Or what does it stand for? Is it going to be available to play for all?

I loved AA 2.6 back in the day. Only the COOP missions made me switch to the latest version back then.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    AAV ? Americas Army Veteran? Or what does it stand for? Is it going to be available to play for all?

I loved AA 2.6 back in the day. Only the COOP missions made me switch to the latest version back then.

It's what we're calling the next AA title, which we haven't even begun design on yet.
  • {!T!}LordDamian{!T!}LordDamian Posts: 713Player

It's what we're calling the next AA title, which we haven't even begun design on yet.

Hmm, I like the sound of that.. AAV could possibly be AA: Veterans, and the style Afghan/Iraq. That would be a great way to honor those who been over there for us, and it would attract a lot of players.
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 186Player

I have visions of MS Paint diagrams stuck on a wall.
    35d2uec.png
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,181Player

V is the roman numeral for 5 :lol:

AAV = AA5 :+1:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

edited August 2018
    yea ok. so as i understand with aav there will be no aapg no more! its basically the next version.

please let there be coop :awesome: