Game Update Notes (29 Feb 2016)

124»

Comments

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited March 2016
    I guess I have to download and see what the humabug is all about.

Took less than 1 minute!

Then I got a second download window for 5 minutes??
    googley avatar aapg

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Is everyone else seeing this as a 2.3 GB update?

2.3 here too.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,185Player
    FunPolice wrote: »
    Our goal was a Feb content update, and it was.

Last day of every month is now my new measuring stick.

-Ner0- wrote: »

2.3 here too.

It's all that foliage :lol:

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Just played the new map and liked it a lot. I only get about a 10 fps drop so not noticeable. This was one of those type of maps I had been waiting for. Sort of like Vietnam. The foliage is great. I like the how the blocking boundary works.
    googley avatar aapg

• DOMINATION.DOMINATION. Posts: 83Player
    edited March 2016
    Nice update, totally changed stuff for the better, playing better games while this one is uninstalled. Somehow the game (and the players playing it) just gets worse and worse at every update.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=572363791
    4) Gtx 970 ftw and i7 4790k and I have fps drops from 140 to 30. Thank you game.
    GTX970, I5 4690K and an extremely stable fps on the new map for me, with settings maxed.
  • {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 206Player
    The new map is great. I like to play it....Finally something different compared to other maps.
  • [ACH]GOFIO[ACH]GOFIO Posts: 26Player
    Good update !! Thank you Devs !
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 327Beta Tester
    SSKnecabo wrote: »

2.2GB for me.

Steam showed it as 2.3 gig update for me. However, it was closer to 2.5 gigs.
    The difference may be that I also received a Steam Client update at the same time.
    It's fuuny though because any other time the Steam client updates happen before Steam will load. This time I was 1 1/2 hours into the download when I lost my connection. Luckily for me, I was able to re-establish it without losing any data. It was a little while after that I saw a flashing notice on my task bar. I clicked on it and read the message, Steam client successfully updated. You must restart Steam for changes to take effect. Do you wish to restart Steam now? Yes No.
    Heck NO! and I finished the update, I hope.
    I will verify it tonight.
    556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI--[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI- Posts: 373Beta Tester
    edited March 2016
    When I was using HD4600, Coldfront and Overload had the same white snow everywhere for me or on the snow it had black specks/noise. I believe it is a driver issue, as I updated one day and the issue was gone. Have you tried rolling back one driver or so to see if it cures the problem? Also, if you have an OC on your iGPU, that can cause problems as well.

I have the latest drivers Dell had on their site, I will try to roll back and see what happens.
    But forgive the tech retard here lol what is OC on your iGPU meam? lol

Thanks... By the way I am hearing a lot of people saying they see the white stuff, (all of us low end pc players I guess) on the new map that is, and what I noticed is it is only in the play area, outside the play area it is not there and also all other graphics are sharp clear and very nice!!

Update!~ I rolled back the graphics driver and no change!! There was only one roll back..
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• Thanks!!!!

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    OC means Overclock...whether you sped up the graphics cards with a tweak.

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 438Player
    I came back after a long hiatus (it's probably worth checking out every 3 months) to try this out and there is nothing really impressive that has changed since I've been gone. Congrats on 2 new maps I guess. I'm pretty sure that they've stated that they are satisfied with the core, but the whole gameplay experience all around still needs a lot of work. There isn't a large thrill factor in playing this game. I would gather that the only thing holding this project together from a community perspective is nostalgia.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    I came back after a long hiatus (it's probably worth checking out every 3 months) to try this out and there is nothing really impressive that has changed since I've been gone. Congrats on 2 new maps I guess. I'm pretty sure that they've stated that they are satisfied with the core, but the whole gameplay experience all around still needs a lot of work. There isn't a large thrill factor in playing this game. I would gather that the only thing holding this project together from a community perspective is nostalgia.

The more changes than just 2 new maps that your probably not aware of

http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/4515/game-update-notes-11-feb-2016/p1
    http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/4406/game-update-notes-28-jan-2016/p1
    http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/4131/game-update-12-17-15/p1
    http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/3890/game-update-11-19-2015/p1
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,185Player
    I came back after a long hiatus

Welcome back dgodfather :wink:

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,108Player
    edited March 2016
    I think his point is that it's been a while since something substantial was added to the game. If you ignore UI, bug fixes, ROE (which only impacts trolls), sound (which still needs work), and maps, I can't think of any major in game changes in quite some time. Weapons, game modes, weapon attachments, roles (e.g. medic), some other new features that I can't think of... Things that when you get into the actual game, you actually notice something is new or different. That's what he means.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    Whiplash is on to something. Also there is the fact that very few people are happy with the core mechanics of the game. You could argue that there are many people in the community who like it a lot, but this game suffers from a thriving/growing community, not the one that exists. Is it because the game doesn't advertise? I don't think so. You don't open AAPG and go "wow". You go "bleh". I believe a lot went into making the game play like AA2, but that hasn't hit the mark, nor will it with a larger market. It isn't going to. It's not the same game.

Side note: I'll be interested to see how Insurgency ports over to UE4. I hope it doesn't nose dive like AAPG has.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,108Player
    Part of me wonders who much new features would impact the game. I know we've been going on about core gameplay for a long time, but I do wonder just adding things like medic system, front attachments, map specific attachments, etc. would change how the game plays.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 151Player
    edited March 2016
    Whiplash is on to something. Also there is the fact that very few people are happy with the core mechanics of the game. You could argue that there are many people in the community who like it a lot, but this game suffers from a thriving/growing community, not the one that exists. Is it because the game doesn't advertise? I don't think so. You don't open AAPG and go "wow". You go "bleh". I believe a lot went into making the game play like AA2, but that hasn't hit the mark, nor will it with a larger market. It isn't going to. It's not the same game.

Side note: I'll be interested to see how Insurgency ports over to UE4. I hope it doesn't nose dive like AAPG has.

What kind of changes do you think would make the game turn the corner from a "bleh" game to a awesome game?
    I would love to go and accumulate a massive amount of feedback, but I have better things to do. Instead, I'll just point here - http://archive2.forum.americasarmy.com/
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!