Game Update Notes (29 Feb 2016)

Comments

• iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    Interestingly, I've found myself with pretty good performance on homestead. But I am me after all.

i5/660Ti going strong
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Promising update, too bad it's a little late..
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Our goal was a Feb content update, and it was.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

edited March 2016
    Was referencing my team moving to other games. Probably no more comp for us but really hope it's going well for the other guys still playing.

Not really a believer of comp mode saving the game and similar claims but I hope comp will at least change for the better.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,575Beta Tester
    Is everyone else seeing this as a 2.3 GB update?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Is everyone else seeing this as a 2.3 GB update?

2.2GB for me.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    It was 2.2 for me, as well
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    Beautiful new map!!!

vj1KtUi.jpg

7bDHNG4.jpg
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    `xinoN wrote: »
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    @Doba, no those are the blocking volumes that we need. And it's very frustrating at the moment moving forward without them. The boundary volume is something new. It more for like oper terrain. It warns the player to return to playable area of the map. All in all it's a good tool for mappers to put in their maps, this way when people get out of maps they die rather than run around the unintended areas.

Like battlefield?

AA2 had it too.

Yeah only in CO-OP mode.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

edited March 2016
    i9.revert- wrote: »
    Do you somehow have vaulting set to something else on accident i can slide all over the place all i want and it never vaults. i can slide right at a concrete barrier and it won't vault it?

Yeah the only way to encounter auto-climb is by hitting your jump button they lowered the distance on how far it works in the past and it helped but its still possible but much much rarer now. Never had an issue sliding and it vaulting me.
    iNv|eKComm wrote: »
    Interestingly, I've found myself with pretty good performance on homestead. But I am me after all.

i5/660Ti going strong

I get bad performance when shooting in the grass/plants/trees areas. When I am running through the map doing nothing its constant 122fps. But the minute I start shooting in near plants and other things it lags down to 90-100fps. Using default.ini atm as well.

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    When I was using HD4600, Coldfront and Overload had the same white snow everywhere for me or on the snow it had black specks/noise. I believe it is a driver issue, as I updated one day and the issue was gone. Have you tried rolling back one driver or so to see if it cures the problem? Also, if you have an OC on your iGPU, that can cause problems as well.
  • RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    The new map is really awesome and funny.Good job devs. Comp guys....there are many umms ready for comp....
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    edited March 2016
    @Mickeythegolfer, how is that you have fps issues?

This is my pc https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Trinador/saved/B48j4D and I don't have any issue at all, playing with all at max.
    edited March 2016
    Well, I can top mikey I guess. Same CPU, GTX980 instead and having microlags and contant drops on bigger maps (drops from solid 150 to about 90, never have bad drops to 30 though). Feel like that setup should be enough to give me solid 150 FPS but it doesn't.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    I have the 970/4790K combo and on new map I see from what normally is 160fps locked, lows of 110ish.

Killing newbs in bushes is fun for max 2 games.. map creates bad habits for bad players
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 999Moderator
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Killing newbs in bushes is fun for max 2 games.. map creates bad habits for bad players
    Its about the same fun as watching a corner, its what you make of it.

The new map is really awesome and funny.Good job devs. Comp guys....there are many umms ready for comp....

Breeh there is also this map called homestead that can potentially work for comp.

• JoGaryJoGary Posts: 220Player
    Has Gurney in Red Hall on inner been moved out from the wall??? not sure if this is new or always been that way???