Game Update Notes (29 Feb 2016)

Comments

• MaclobsterMaclobster Posts: 214Beta Tester
    edited February 2016
    I do like the new map, however I am seeing white like snow or cotton balls all over the ground, most people I talk to are not seeing it, and it is quite annoying, any one else see it??

yup i have it to, but most of the time in the air watching the trees far away, and in spectator mode sometimes when swapping from soldier
    Its like a draw distance thing i think, fading in and out when moving to it, but then i sort kind of snow effect

I seen the same thing in the editor when i make a draw distance to a tree as example, its fading in a kind of snow when you get close or away in slow movement

To be honest , i did not had it before ingame live

Could be my system
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    Implemented a server setting to disabled supported fire (bDefaultForbidAnchoring)

about time, thank you.
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI--[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI- Posts: 370Beta Tester
    Well, I have not played on my laptop in months since getting this new pc, my laptop is an HP G7 with A8 processor, on board graphics, win 10 6 gig ram.. That is all, and guess what, no black road on coldfront, no white snowy stuff on this new map!!! HMMMMM is the i5 with 8 gig ram not as good as the A8 with only 6 gig ram? LOL And I thought I upgraded!!!

Guess a new card to go into this pc is what is needed!!

Just seems weird!! Anyway great job on the new map, and great update this time!! Thanks!!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,183Player
    edited February 2016
    Love the new update, the Homestead map is fun and the new UI elements, nameplate customization outside of console and the awesome server browser right click menu, more than i bargained for tbh.. thanks muchly!

Oh and this

* Enemy spotted no longer update if the spotted player moves; the spot remains fixed to the initial spot location

Hella YES! this is a good change

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    @Doba, no those are the blocking volumes that we need. And it's very frustrating at the moment moving forward without them. The boundary volume is something new. It more for like oper terrain. It warns the player to return to playable area of the map. All in all it's a good tool for mappers to put in their maps, this way when people get out of maps they die rather than run around the unintended areas.

Like battlefield?
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 509Beta Tester
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    @Doba, no those are the blocking volumes that we need. And it's very frustrating at the moment moving forward without them. The boundary volume is something new. It more for like oper terrain. It warns the player to return to playable area of the map. All in all it's a good tool for mappers to put in their maps, this way when people get out of maps they die rather than run around the unintended areas.

Like battlefield?

Yes, I think it is extremely similar if not the same.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 351Player
    edited February 2016
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »

Like battlefield?

AA2 had it too.

Oh well.
  • VR|46.VR|46. Posts: 28Player
    tell me more about trading cards!! :smiley:

• iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    edited February 2016
    I like the updates, especially the disabling supported as said before, now one issue that still bugs me, maybe it cant be fixed or something, but vaulting.. I know im not the only person who has the habit of sliding a lot, and for whatever reason, when you slide near a lot of objects in the game, you get locked onto it in an automatic vault. for example in my video.. I aimed straight to slide right down off of upper west, but instead it locks onto the barrier to my right and it automatically turns my aim to the right and vaults me to my death.. its not the fact that I died, could have died either way, but its the automatic lock on feature that bugs me.. I've had this problem since vaulting was implemented..
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,117Beta Tester
    Yeah many games have the boundary volume.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 638Player
    new map is sweet looking best by far ,shame its not a bit bigger lol ,

some people with nvidia video cards seem to have less fps than others

• {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    i9.revert- wrote: »
    Do you somehow have vaulting set to something else on accident i can slide all over the place all i want and it never vaults. i can slide right at a concrete barrier and it won't vault it?
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 623Player
    edited February 2016
    "(Beer_me) wrote:

some people with nvidia video cards seem to have less fps than others

EVERY map 90,new map 60

AAPG is good!
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    Lots of good stuff here. Thanks, devs!
  • {DH}=CRAZYCANUCK44{DH}=CRAZYCANUCK44 Posts: 34Player
    edited February 2016
    I'm having trouble with my server ini it does not update. Can someone send me a copy of a clean one. It goes to my default ini with no update and server name doesnt change stays at default.

I put in a ticket at server supprt
  • TheChampTheChamp Posts: 3Player
    the game is lagging like it is skipping a few frames since the update. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
  • KodenKoden Posts: 282Player
    Steam cards...on a free game? I mean, thanks for the free cash, but...can't see much of a purpose in them.......
    Derob6.jpg
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Alright Wolverine, after playing a match on new map its time to edit.. similar to what Ive said before, 50% larger trees, 90% smaller foliage and we might have a decent map

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 750Player
    I like the map, its very beautiful, but one thing is true it appeals for lot of camping. I guess its a map just to get some fun instead of playing inner 24/7. So it gets my thumbs up.

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    While it looks decent conceptually, the number/density of bushes on Homestead needs to be lowered by sooooo much. lel