What if some players are using Spectator to ghost?

Was playing with a friend on the same team, and I became a Spectator. I could see everyone on the map, through walls, etc. Now what if some players are ghosting using this feature? I could easily let my friend know the enemy positions via TS or Skype?

Comments

• CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    Some may be. Nothing we can do about it unless we have proof that they're pulling off impossible stuff.
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    Just hope your playing with people with integrity. Its usually fairly easy to tell if someone is ghosting though
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Revert ghosts in matches

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    well ghosting with friends is bad enough but there are other lovely ppl out there who actually make another smurf account run it on another pc or laptop and ghost per spectate..
    thanks to TGF we caught one recently.. visit our forums to laugh a little
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 355Player
    I think this "issue" is older than the FPS genre itself. It's either that or have no spect mode at all. I prefer spect mode.
    Oh well.
  • zmB-.-zmB-.- Posts: 82Player
    Back to AA2 ghosting was a big problem...
    solved since the kiddies swaped to cod4 :P
    index.php?soldier=zOmbi-
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Revert ghosts in matches

Who is revert? Revert is a ghost.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited February 2016
    I've caught some clans members who have ghosted in TS but almost all of the time it was unintentional and their clan mates would immediately let them know about it. Players in game do it all the time accidentally because they forget they are dead. So it is common to forget your status. Unfortunately, anyone can get on a TS channel and ghost intentionally all day long. This problem will never be resolved. At least we get to see the Spectators.
    googley avatar aapg

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    I've caught some clans members who have ghosted in TS but almost all of the time it was unintentional and their clan mates would immediately let them know about it. Players in game do it all the time accidentally because they forget they are dead. So it is common to forget your status. Unfortunately, anyone can get on a TS channel and ghost intentionally all day long. This problem will never be resolved. At least we get to see the Spectators.

I don't think you quite understand the term ghosting, at least not how it's commonly used for online gaming.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »

I don't think you quite understand the term ghosting, at least not how it's commonly used for online gaming.
    It's a milder form, to be sure, but it's still unfair in pub gameplay.

It's a milder form, to be sure, but it's still unfair in pub gameplay.

Yes, black screens please.
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    I thought I knew what ghosting was, but to be sure, what is it exactly? Teammates reporting your position to their friends/clanmates on the opposite team, right?

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,036Moderator
    I thought I knew what ghosting was, but to be sure, what is it exactly? Teammates reporting your position to their friends/clanmates on the opposite team, right?
    Right.
    Can also be dead players on your own team helping you.

First one is down right cheating, other is engagement

ss_4_frankof.png
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    edited February 2016
    Free map see through roaming while in spectator mode should be disabled at least. That's a minor thing for that matter anyway.
    Derob6.jpg
    Ghosting is commonly used for people sitting in spectator calling positions, being dead and calling positions isn't really considered ghosting. Good old topic of people needing excuses for getting owned.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    A ghost..

ghost-06.jpg

Because at this point I think we need to see one.

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,140Player
    Ghosting will always exist to an extent in any round based game. It's part of the territory.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • I've seen clans use ghosting to speed up the ending of matches so that they can get into a full server sooner.

I know this happens because a mediocre player will, mid-game, rise to the best of their team (Rambo style) on the same round a clan member of that player becomes a spectator.

OK, sure correlation does not equal causation but... I've seen it happen so often in that exact same circumstance that it aren't just be a coincidence.

I think I have a solution for this, although I think some people would consider it an unfair/rough solution.
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player

I know this happens because a mediocre player will, mid-game, rise to the best of their team (Rambo style) on the same round a clan member of that player becomes a spectator.

You can't just assume their ghosting.. sometimes people do go on a hot streak.. you can't just automatically assume their ghosting..

I never ghost but almost instantly get accused a lot if I join a server and have to wait to get on a team when my team member is playing.. People are quick to accuse and make excuses rather then face the facts.
    Not saying everyone accuses but still. Also not saying everyone is like me
  • [Nomad][Nomad] Posts: 15Player
    ...Good old topic of people needing excuses for getting owned.
    Honestly I don't get owned much. I'm not pro but I'm a good player and that's because I don't play a lot. And getting owned doesn't bother me at all :)

Anyways...
    In Spectator Mode we should only be able to see our own team mates view, not the enemy players & thru walls. It would reduce the amount of ghost cheating. But obviously we can't stop people from joining opposite teams or have a second PC. But it's ok if that's how it's going to be. I was just wondering.

Your squad's been Lemonaded! - Get The Door! loved those doors :P