New Comp Format idea's

2

Comments

  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »

    Hes got to be talking about the shotgun necabo definitely has to be. Just mistaking the shotgun for a sniper its ok many people make the same assumption about the shotgun. Happy sniping.

    Don't misquote Mr KnowItAll or try to interject what you don't know but try so hard to convince otherwise.

    Good Competition should be that all teammates have the same weapon. NOT that they can pick and choose the one they spent a 1,000 hours trying to master. Then each succeeding round would be different weapons. So round 1 starts with the M4, then round 2 the M29, 3 M16, 4 EBR, etc. This way we will really know who the better team is.

    If you are going to have a Competition game and play it just like a normal game then it really isn't Competition.





    googley avatar aapg


  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited February 2016
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »

    Hes got to be talking about the shotgun necabo definitely has to be. Just mistaking the shotgun for a sniper its ok many people make the same assumption about the shotgun. Happy sniping.

    Don't misquote Mr KnowItAll or try to interject what you don't know but try so hard to convince otherwise.

    Good Competition should be that all teammates have the same weapon. NOT that they can pick and choose the one they spent a 1,000 hours trying to master. Then each succeeding round would be different weapons. So round 1 starts with the M4, then round 2 the M29, 3 M16, 4 EBR, etc. This way we will really know who the better team is.

    If you are going to have a Competition game and play it just like a normal game then it really isn't Competition.





    I think, I agree!!!!! then again not sure what a m29 is atm. Because what are strats right? Who uses those pfffttt.

    BTW you picked your name perfectly! Good job, i like it.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited February 2016
    You know I meant the m249... Glad you agree! That should settle it. Same weapon for one round then move to the next. The order of weapons used can be any order even a pistol only round.
    googley avatar aapg


  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    You know I meant the m249... Glad you agree! That should settle it. Same weapon for one round then move to the next. The order of weapons used can be any order even a pistol only round.

    Yes because strats don't matter. Being better shot don't matter. Out-smarting your opponent doesn't matter. Proper FOG placements don't matter. Set nades don't matter. Nothing matters but proving your better than someone by using a new weapon each round but the same as everyone else is using. That will surely prove who the better team is, I definitely agree completely, because of course that is what competition is all about who is able to use every weapon in the game effectively, nothing else matters fellas.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 291Player
    You dont see them changing the weight of the soccer ball all the time
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    these replies though.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    LOL. Looks like some of our "heated" discussions have been deleted. All for the best I guess.
    googley avatar aapg


  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    LOL. Looks like some of our "heated" discussions have been deleted. All for the best I guess.

    What heated discussions I supply you with knowledge. You supply us with non-sense.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    I'm fine with the roles bit. I don't believe NA comp is ready for 5v5. Just because teams will have trouble fielding. Teams will flock to stock their teams instead of more teams having a chance to come together.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited March 2016
    iNv|eKComm wrote: »
    I'm fine with the roles bit. I don't believe NA comp is ready for 5v5. Just because teams will have trouble fielding. Teams will flock to stock their teams instead of more teams having a chance to come together.

    If teams wouldn't bring in so many members we could have many more teams problem is players would rather sit on the bench and be on a good or somewhat decent team than get another team going in competition. (I have sent countless people towards new teams trying to form or needing help to get a comp team going and they all end up joining a team already established with a name for itself because they don't want to be on a team where they may not have the best/enough experience or they might be the best player there.

    Simple fact is these maps play better 5v5 most teams don't feel they have a solid 5th so they cry 4v4. Fragged nation has 10 teams for 4v4...I have 14 teams for 5v5 @ FGNLeague...TWL's current tournament is 4v4 atm and it has 7 teams (1 team being EURO based) but with TWL there was a 22 to 1 vote for 5v5 over 4v4 so they will most likely be switching the tournament to 5v5.

    On top of all this there is plenty of FREE AGENTS out there who are interested in COMPETITION but don't find a home because of lack of experience or lack of skill. I created DONT CARE GAMING with all FREE AGENTS. I could leave them and do it again and still have enough to play 5v5.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited March 2016
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    LOL. Looks like some of our "heated" discussions have been deleted. All for the best I guess.

    What heated discussions I supply you with knowledge. You supply us with non-sense.

    Wow. How rude!

    Can the Police block his comments for me? They are now irrelevant.
    googley avatar aapg


  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    LOL. Looks like some of our "heated" discussions have been deleted. All for the best I guess.

    What heated discussions I supply you with knowledge. You supply us with non-sense.

    Wow. How rude!

    Can the Police block his comments for me? They are now irrelevant.

    You can do it yourself. Go to his profile by clicking his name, then use the ignore button in the top right corner.
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    Well there aren't that many free agents at all. I'm not sure where you're gathering that information because I'm betting thats an assumption. My team clearly has 5 players. So i'm speaking from the perspective of someone who won't be effected by the format change. Wether the maps play better with 4 or 5 is very subjective in nature. Its not any secret that numbers in the community are low. A better competition to attract teams first would be a smart move.

    Realistically, getting people excited about competition before changing the format would be the smart move. Splitting the teams into separate divisions such that they play teams that are appropriate for them to compete against based on skill will increase the motivation of teams at all levels. It will grow the scene. After which a format change may make sense. But it doesn't make sense right now wether you think so or not.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    free agents are every where you just have to know where to look and find them. M5..GZ..DC have taken a lot of them but there is still some.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    free agents are every where you just have to know where to look and find them. M5..GZ..DC have taken a lot of them but there is still some.

    Get ready to tell teams where to find them when they cant field for matches.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • iNv|no0btasticiNv|no0btastic Posts: 12Player
    I'm a free agent.


    Hello???


    Is this thing on??


    *blank stare*




    I honestly think 5v5 is more fun but admittedly haven't played a lot of either company wise in this game. AA2 6v6 was the prestigious (lol) league / format iirc.


    I like the forced roles on one hand too.. It forces teams to be well rounded or to have more roles. CS here are rifles, AWPers, etc
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    LOL. Looks like some of our "heated" discussions have been deleted. All for the best I guess.

    What heated discussions I supply you with knowledge. You supply us with non-sense.

    Wow. How rude!

    Can the Police block his comments for me? They are now irrelevant.

    You can do it yourself. Go to his profile by clicking his name, then use the ignore button in the top right corner.

    Thanks! Worked like a charm. I bet the world would be a better place if you could just click a button and be rid of all the BS, like I just did.

    I owe you one!
    googley avatar aapg


  • GunR|DrerexGunR|Drerex Posts: 65Player
    edited March 2016
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »

    Hes got to be talking about the shotgun necabo definitely has to be. Just mistaking the shotgun for a sniper its ok many people make the same assumption about the shotgun. Happy sniping.

    Don't misquote Mr KnowItAll or try to interject what you don't know but try so hard to convince otherwise.

    Good Competition should be that all teammates have the same weapon. NOT that they can pick and choose the one they spent a 1,000 hours trying to master. Then each succeeding round would be different weapons. So round 1 starts with the M4, then round 2 the M29, 3 M16, 4 EBR, etc. This way we will really know who the better team is.

    If you are going to have a Competition game and play it just like a normal game then it really isn't Competition.





    I have to disagree with this statement. In football you have players that play the same position all of the time because that is the position they are good at. Same in other sports as well. Would that not be competitive then? IMHO, from what you are saying, it looks like you want a handicap. To equal the playing field if you will. That would be like having a great kicker in football to play defensive end for a row of downs. It would be interesting but more funny/sad than competitive.

    If the leagues decide to go this route, then you mine as well hand out trophies to everyone for participation. Again, this is my opinion.


    Untitled_zpsqiypm7mn.png

  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »

    Hes got to be talking about the shotgun necabo definitely has to be. Just mistaking the shotgun for a sniper its ok many people make the same assumption about the shotgun. Happy sniping.

    Don't misquote Mr KnowItAll or try to interject what you don't know but try so hard to convince otherwise.

    Good Competition should be that all teammates have the same weapon. NOT that they can pick and choose the one they spent a 1,000 hours trying to master. Then each succeeding round would be different weapons. So round 1 starts with the M4, then round 2 the M29, 3 M16, 4 EBR, etc. This way we will really know who the better team is.

    If you are going to have a Competition game and play it just like a normal game then it really isn't Competition.





    I have to disagree with this statement. In football you have players that play the same position all of the time because that is the position they are good at. Same in other sports as well. Would that not be competitive then? IMHO, from what you are saying, it looks like you want a handicap. To equal the playing field if you will. That would be like having a great kicker in football to play defensive end for a row of downs. It would be interesting but more funny/sad than competitive.

    If the leagues decide to go this route, then you mine as well hand out trophies to everyone for participation. Again, this is my opinion.


    Your point makes perfect sense. I would just like to see something different. Take a player out of his comfort zone to see how good he really is, and combine that with team play. That's why i'd like to see how each player handles a particular weapon during matches. They may be an Ace at the M4 but horrible at a pistol. I can relate to the football analogy but each of those players have specific roles and specific rules which is not the case for this game where players can follow the same rules and roles.

    I appreciate your opinion, and I don't necessarily disagree.
    googley avatar aapg


  • -VI-#Sunvon.--VI-#Sunvon.- Posts: 47Player
    Only me thinking that this guy is trolling?
Sign In or Register to comment.