New Comp Format idea's

iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
edited February 2016 in eSports
Since the beginning of this game, competition seems to be missing something. Imo, the game feels one dimensional and repetitive at times. My suggestion to the comp community would be to have forced roles within a 5v5 format. That would mean;
  • 3 M4/M16
  • 1 SAW
  • 1 M24 Sniper

I honestly think that this would be a game changer. Maps that we have all played countless times will now be played in a much different way, at a much different pace. New strategies will have to be invented and certain players would now have to master a new role on their team. I get that some maps seem too small for a sniper role but there are plenty of angles on those maps to successfully utilize the role. It would also increase the skill gap for each teams scope. Right now, competition seems so bland and repetitive with everyone running around with the same weapon, on the same maps, running the same ole strats. This comp scene needs to evolve and I truly believe that this can help.
«13

Comments

  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Scopes also can make a big difference.. and best of all a combination of both weapon forcing and scope forcing would probably change things the most.
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    edited February 2016
    Honestly, something different like this would be a breath of fresh air. M4vsM4 over and over does get repetitive.

    As it stands, FGN, FN, TWL are all running mostly the same formats with very slight differences. Some REAL diversity could go a long way.
    image
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited February 2016
    I am all for this system but do we want snipers forced on every map or just the maps they have them opened by default? I think just the maps that have them opened by default.

    http://www.fgnleague.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=93
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    I wouldnt be opposed to opening sniper spot on all maps. Whoever plays that role will really have to put in time and learn angles. It increases the skill gap between teams. Lets not forget that guns can also be picked up.
  • aqii.2piceaqii.2pice Posts: 51Player
    I like the idea of 3 M4/M16, 1 MG, and 1 M24 but I don't think you should have to force people with it, you can put it like where you can only use M4,M16,MG,M24, certain weapons but I don't think you should force it because what happens if there's a player on a certain team that's not good with it or a team doesn't have a player that can play it then your team wouldn't do too well so... I really would not think that it's a great idea to force it and have ONLY 1 M4/M16, 1 MG, 1 M24
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    edited February 2016
    Not a bad idea, more defiend roles could be a good thing, so if someone wants to use the sniper only he has to master that even in smaller maps like breach or crossfire, we have been using the sniper for the whole time in eu and it's true that everybody can use it very easily, but there are few very good with it.
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    blank.. wrote: »
    what happens if there's a player on a certain team that's not good with it or a team doesn't have a player that can play it then your team wouldn't do too well

    Stuff like this will seperate the open teams from the main and the main from the invites. Having everyone play with the same weapon plateaus the playing field. Just bc you aren't good with it now, doesnt mean you cant practice and become one of the better scopes in the game. That could later create opportunity to join a team at a higher level or help your team make it to the next level.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Open, main and invite? .. huh can't even out together a proper open main let alone invite
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Looking back at beta times you didn't really have a chance to not use the scope in your team because of how impactful it was. Personally would dislike the forced M249 but maybe that's just me.
  • iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Open, main and invite? .. huh can't even out together a proper open main let alone invite

    I'm looking towards the future if the community grows. Lets not focus on the minor details here.

  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Yes so when comp mode comes and makes the game an over night success.. I'm with ya
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    I'm not saying its going to but it should atleast make competition a lot more fun than what it is at its current state.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I don't think the M24 should be in competition because it is not a competitive weapon unless you are competing for the best long distance grouping.
    googley avatar aapg


  • iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    I don't think the M24 should be in competition because it is not a competitive weapon unless you are competing for the best long distance grouping.

    Do you even compete in any of the leagues?
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Yes so when comp mode comes and makes the game an over night success.. I'm with ya

    lawl very doubtful but certainly would help keep future players interested.


    iNv|mikE wrote: »
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    I don't think the M24 should be in competition because it is not a competitive weapon unless you are competing for the best long distance grouping.

    Do you even compete in any of the leagues?

    Never mind any of that non-sense he doesn't even use the sniper. Has only 59 kills with it and is saying its not a competitive weapon. He can't do good with it but thinks it cheap/easy when he gets killed with it. (Almost like we talking about shotgun here)

    He just trying to derail a thread get us to look rude or act rude towards him.

    I mean if I didn't play competitively and did not ever plan on playing competitively I would certainly not be posting in a thread dedicated to comp load outs because having not played competitively I would have no clue what comp load outs should be.

    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    blank.. wrote: »
    I like the idea of 3 M4/M16, 1 MG, and 1 M24 but I don't think you should have to force people with it, you can put it like where you can only use M4,M16,MG,M24, certain weapons but I don't think you should force it because what happens if there's a player on a certain team that's not good with it or a team doesn't have a player that can play it then your team wouldn't do too well so... I really would not think that it's a great idea to force it and have ONLY 1 M4/M16, 1 MG, 1 M24

    How is that any different from now? The whole point is to increase the dynamic and challenge. Force teams to come up with new strats and their own strats. As well as many other things. You would have to build your team around having good players with m24 and m249. Not just good with m4 only.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    iNv|mikE wrote: »
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    I don't think the M24 should be in competition because it is not a competitive weapon unless you are competing for the best long distance grouping.

    Do you even compete in any of the leagues?
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Yes so when comp mode comes and makes the game an over night success.. I'm with ya

    lawl very doubtful but certainly would help keep future players interested.


    iNv|mikE wrote: »
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    I don't think the M24 should be in competition because it is not a competitive weapon unless you are competing for the best long distance grouping.

    Do you even compete in any of the leagues?

    Never mind any of that non-sense he doesn't even use the sniper. Has only 59 kills with it and is saying its not a competitive weapon. He can't do good with it but thinks it cheap/easy when he gets killed with it. (Almost like we talking about shotgun here)

    He just trying to derail a thread get us to look rude or act rude towards him.

    I mean if I didn't play competitively and did not ever plan on playing competitively I would certainly not be posting in a thread dedicated to comp load outs because having not played competitively I would have no clue what comp load outs should be.

    You are wrong. I see how easy it is to get kills with the M24 so I don't use it. It is too OP for the game. So it is too OP for competition. How can you not see that????
    googley avatar aapg


  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,184Player
    edited February 2016
    How do you guys go about being limited to what map has set the weapons to be.. do you have to have a gentleman's agreement not to pick a certain weapon or attachment when you play the matches? or do you just pick whatever you like?

    Wouldn't it be sweet to have a way to force weapons and attachments outside of the map environment :)
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.






  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    iNv|mikE wrote: »
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    I don't think the M24 should be in competition because it is not a competitive weapon unless you are competing for the best long distance grouping.

    Do you even compete in any of the leagues?
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Yes so when comp mode comes and makes the game an over night success.. I'm with ya

    lawl very doubtful but certainly would help keep future players interested.


    iNv|mikE wrote: »
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    I don't think the M24 should be in competition because it is not a competitive weapon unless you are competing for the best long distance grouping.

    Do you even compete in any of the leagues?

    Never mind any of that non-sense he doesn't even use the sniper. Has only 59 kills with it and is saying its not a competitive weapon. He can't do good with it but thinks it cheap/easy when he gets killed with it. (Almost like we talking about shotgun here)

    He just trying to derail a thread get us to look rude or act rude towards him.

    I mean if I didn't play competitively and did not ever plan on playing competitively I would certainly not be posting in a thread dedicated to comp load outs because having not played competitively I would have no clue what comp load outs should be.

    You are wrong. I see how easy it is to get kills with the M24 so I don't use it. It is too OP for the game. So it is too OP for competition. How can you not see that????

    Back in beta I was arguably one of the best snipers in the game for the EU side and I can't do anything on it now. Obviously not really playing the game anymore but still, sniper is not as easy as you'd wish to depict it.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited February 2016
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    IO_i_OI wrote: »

    You are wrong. I see how easy it is to get kills with the M24 so I don't use it. It is too OP for the game. So it is too OP for competition. How can you not see that????

    Back in beta I was arguably one of the best snipers in the game for the EU side and I can't do anything on it now. Obviously not really playing the game anymore but still, sniper is not as easy as you'd wish to depict it.

    Hes got to be talking about the shotgun necabo definitely has to be. Just mistaking the shotgun for a sniper its ok many people make the same assumption about the shotgun. Happy sniping.

    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



Sign In or Register to comment.