If anyone cares

2»

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    Devolution.

:(

This is what we've come to?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • (Beer_Me)Roach(Beer_Me)Roach Posts: 249Player
    A product of the frustration . This thread is on its second page and still not one Dev has joined the discussion to help resolve the issue , is it any wonder why people feel that the problem is being ignored or at the very least it seems to be a low priorty.
    I understand that everyone says UMM's are a priority but it just does not feel that way , so forgive me if I feel a bit annoyed with the whole thing, Action speaks louder than words.
  • -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    The whole problem is you last few words . The community can not get any action or words . Frustration grows everyone starts arguing and it really isnt healthy for such a small community . When the entire issue could be put to rest if the Devs just spoke to the community . It really is that simple but yet they prefer to watch the game slowly fizzle out due the community getting tired of endless "nothing".
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    This method only works with ISteamUGC created workshop items. It will not work with legacy ISteamRemoteStorage workshop items.

I wonder if some of the older UGC listings are interfering with methods that have been updated for the newer system.

A map like http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=320694949 was created in 2014 but still receiving updates. Does that mean it's now considered an ISteamUGC item, not an ISteamRemoteStorage item, after being republished and won't cause issues?

At what point did the publication system switch over? I'm guessing error handling on this is related to the advice on "unsubscribe from old UMM maps" from a while back.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    Bug it.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    bug report doesnt work i been bug reporting stuff and this patch none of it was fixed , not one thing and 2 of them were the some of the simplest fixes in the game
  • Bear_82Bear_82 Posts: 367Moderator
    -Flops- wrote: »
    bug report doesnt work i been bug reporting stuff and this patch none of it was fixed , not one thing and 2 of them were the some of the simplest fixes in the game

2 incorrect assumptions here
    The right of the people to keep and arm bears shall not be infringed.
    edited February 2016
    If you try to subscribe to an old legacy map it will not allow you to subscribe and it advises you that those maps are no longer supported , so I would guess that it should not be an issue.
    At any rate I am very careful not to have any legacy maps on the server, of course who knows what happens on the Steam side?
    It might be a good idea if we can find a way to get those old unsupported maps removed?
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    We have someone looking at this. It has been put on hold due to the release and other issues. I'll do my best to post updates.
    Thanks , we surely appreciate anything that you can do to remedy this situation.
    Bear_82 wrote: »
    -Flops- wrote: »

2 incorrect assumptions here

You dont even know what the bug reports were so you have no idea if they were easy to fix or not and i assure you the bug is easy to fix and secondly the bug report site only works for 50 % of people because iof the certificate the site uses . You are dismissed

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Pretty sure the beta captains get to see the bug reports ;) Helps know what to test for in the beta versions. Even 'simple' fixes need approval and regression testing.

I submitted a long list of typos and minor grammar fixes a while back. It sounds like some of those may only be trickling in now. They have no impact on gameplay and no interference with other systems, but even that kind of minor change will need the language checked and approved and tested to make sure the file holding the text didn't get corrupted or have control characters accidentally removed.
    You can report a bug here too, with no certificate issues.
    https://www.americasarmy.com/support/bug
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    Anyone tried the ingame method? I noticed hotkeys for reporting players and bugs (on the F# keys).. also is that new? never seen it before.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

That's from the update before this.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.