Please help SOS

-R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 151Player
I am unable to launch the game. I go to sign in, on the launcher and I get an error to check my firewall. I completely disabled my firewall. I am also unable to get to these forums, or the main page. The only way I am able to post this, is from my cell phone on 4G.

Like I said I have gone into my router settings, and disabled my firewall and still no luck. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Sounds like ISP level blocking. I would call your ISP and make sure they are allowing the connection.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 151Player
    But all the sudden? What connection should I ask about?
    Also, why can I access every other website, but I cannot get to this one?
    The only reason I could see it happening is if you are on a school network or something similar. New filter rules could block our game out.

You can also try doing a tracert to our website and seeing where the connection dies along the way.

I would just call your ISP and say you can't reach X and Y websites and see if they can tell you why.

Hmm interesting. Guess I'll contact Comcast and see if they know what the issue is. Thanks.
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    edited February 2016
    do a tracert to the americasarmy.com

open command line type

tracert www.americasrarmy.com

see where it times out -- it will time out a few times, run it all the way through it even if times out 14 times. I wanna see WHERE it starts

make sure to disable firewall on the computer your using.
    Make sure if you have something like symantic norton internet security or equivalent that you reset firewall settings. Actually just delete the thing. NIS is known to block internet traffic after it expires.

Post a screenshot of the tracert if you're comfortable with us seeing it.

I have the thread subscribed so i will get e-mails with replies.

Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
    I will PM you the screenshot
    So all of the sudden it was fixed today. Strange.
    This could be related to the DB issues we saw today. If it comes back up let me know.

He fun police. The issue happened again at around 12 midnight EST. Now at 9:30 am EST it looks to be working again.
    And now at 10:55am EST I am trying it again, and i am unable to access the site or log into the game...
    And now is 1:00 pm EST, and i am able to log on. Is there a chance there is some sort of issue with your authentication server or whatever is used to authenticate an account?
    There was a cert issue Friday, but it's been renewed and completely cleared up, so it wouldn't be causing this still.

Hmm. Just got kicked off and can't log in. Could play from 1pm-8pm EST. really strange.
    Issue is back. After a week or so of being able to play I cannot access this website or log into the game. I am getting a port 443 issue.

I have sent an email to support@americasarmy.com and have been ignored. Can someone at least tell me the issue is on AA's side so I can stop yelling at my ISP. (I am on this forum on my cellphone on 4G)
    Great to know that i emailed support@americasarmy.com twice and have yet to receive a response, as well as have failed to receive a response here as well. The bug has yet to appear since the last hotfix, so i am hopeful something was fixed there.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    :( !!!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    port 443 is used for HTTPS. Time and date on your computer correct?
    got a firewall possibly blocking 443?

It's a really odd issue.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
    Oh yeah, everything is all of the sudden working now. Nothing has changed on my end, which leads me to believe it isn't an issue on my side.
  • ]B4n4nA[JoG@ry]B4n4nA[JoG@ry Posts: 220Player
    You mentioned that you disabled the router firewall?? I doubt very much it would be your router and more likely Windows own firewall if you have it running. That is if it was ever a problem on your side. I would also suggest you reenable your firewall on the router as it is a hardware firewall and is your main line of defence. Disabling for diagnostic purposes is fine.